Zelda: Journey Towards a Switch

evilgoodwin

Abomination Unto Nuggan
Zelda: A Purple to the Past pt2

Having claimed the three pendants of power, courage, and wisdom, PurpleSanta (from here to be known just as "Purple") journeys deep into the Lost Woods. Bracing himself, he pulls the mighty Master Sword from its resting place deep in the forest, and gains the power to vanquish evil. Suddenly, a voice screams in Purple's head that soldiers are coming to the Sanctuary! What of Zelda, and Mister Glasses Priest (or whatever his profession is)?

evilgoodwin

Abomination Unto Nuggan
Zelda: A Purple to the Past pt3

Zelda is being held captive by the wizard, Agahnim! Using the power of the Master Sword, Purple knocks out the barrier to the upper floors of Hyrule Castle and faces the wizard. Unfortunately, Agahnim completes his ritual and sends Zelda to the Dark World! Purple ain't having none of that, and turns the wizard's magic against him, vanquishing him. With his final act, the wizard sends Purple to the Dark World as well!

Thanks to the power of the Moon Pearl from the Tower of Hera, however, Purple retains his human form and sets off to find the imprisoned maidens, the descendants of the sages that initially imprisoned Ganon in the Sacred Realm. With the help of a monkey (who needs about $110), Purple enters the Palace of Darkness, gains the Hammer, and destroys the Helmasaur King, freeing the first maiden and discovering the locations of the other 6. With sword in hand, Purple journeys towards the next Palace... after making a few pit stops along the way. What will he discover deep in the swamp?

There's a lot of these this time.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
/Jumps into the middle of the last video
/Sees some crazy Mario-looking avoiding-spinning-fireballs-on-a-minecart stuff

What even IS this game?

evilgoodwin

Abomination Unto Nuggan
That's Turtle Rock, yo! You have to use an item to make a magic platform that you can ride around wires with. And, like most things, I don't think anyone tells you that the item is capable of doing this! I mean, when you pick it up, it alludes to having "SECRETSSSS" but that's about it. Anyway.

evilgoodwin

Abomination Unto Nuggan
Zelda: A Purple to the Past Finale

Purple vanquishes the other dungeons and conquers Turtle Rock, at last freeing Princess Zelda! Actually, allowing Purple to put the Princess Zelda crystal in his bag with the others, probably, it's not really covered but it looks like he spends the game carrying a box of rocks with ladies in them. Neat.

Now Purple can break the seal on Ganon's Tower! It's a fight to the top (starting with going down to the basement for a bit) to the final confrontation with Ganon at the top!

Or is it?

Thank you for watching. Epilogue will follow soon. Please let me know what you liked, disliked, or anything you might want to comment on about this. I enjoyed doing the video format, but I understand that watching almost 3 hours of video is a lot more of a commitment than a few posts with pictures spread out over a few weeks. I might try a brand new format for Ocarina of Time. Suggestions are welcome. And again, thank you for those who've watched! :D

evilgoodwin

Abomination Unto Nuggan
Zelda: A Purple to the Past Epilogue

It's been a few days, but it's nice to have more cash in the jar. 4 games down, and many more to go.

A Link to the Past is one of those games that helped define a system. At least, the early lifespan of the SNES. Like most SNES games that our family got, my brother dominated this and wouldn't let me play it until he was done. And after that? He wouldn't give me ANY help or advice. I'm thankful for that now. Back then? Probably not as thankful.

I love this game enough to play it with item randomizers (I'm even looking at one that combines this game and Super Metroid into one randomized psycho-fest). But I also don't like some things about the game, either. Nothing's perfect, and nostalgia can't paint over the things in the game that I'm wearied by. Maybe it's just become monotonous to do the Dark World Palaces because I've been playing this game for far too many years. But this playthrough just seemed a little... hurry up and finish for me. I think I may have spoiled myself with randomizers, as those require you to open almost every single chest in the game to find the one item that lets you keep going. With the regular game? There's so much you can skip. I wonder how much of the game you actually need to do.

I digress. I do love this game, but not as much as I used to. But that's life.

Now. The new question. How do I do Ocarina of Time? And how do I do my write-up? I have multiple ways to play it, but how to record my progress? I can always go back to taking pictures of the milestones and commenting via text, but I'm kind of interested in another way. I want to play the 3DS version due to the portability and controls (motion aiming is so nice), but to record actual footage from it would cost a TON of cash. Apparently, 3DS capture is NOT cheap. So. Do I do the N64 classic version and subject myself to learning how to use that controller again? Do I hook up my gamecube and do it that way? Hell, do I emulate it as well to save myself the trouble? And once that's done, then I have to do the Master Quest AND Majora's Mask!

I had a good time recording the videos, but I might even change that format and start cutting things out of them just for the sake of time. Ocarina will take a good amount of time to record, and a good amount of time for y'all to watch. I definitely should have spaced out the LttP videos more instead of throwing them all at once. But this project is a learning experience for me, as I try to learn new things during my Journey. Overcoming little obstacles is part of the fun!

Alright, that's out of the way. Back to figuring out how to do this.

And I'm not even going to think about what I'm supposed to do for Skyward Sword. Seriously. I don't know if I even have the space to play a Wii Game in my current setup. Maybe we'll have moved by then. Time will tell.

Thank you for reading, and I will return with Zelda: Ocarina of <insert lucky person's name here>.

And please, I'd love to hear some feedback and ideas if you're enjoying the series. And if you're not enjoying it... let me know if I can fix that.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I saw go with the 64 if you have it available! That controller is a thing of beauty. ;)

A shorter format would go over better for me. I like following along at all, but I don't have time to watch entire playthroughs of Zelda games. :)

evilgoodwin

Abomination Unto Nuggan
Ocarina is finished. Now to edit it and then do Master Quest. I'll also be posting the longplays for archive purposes (and in case anyone's REALLY bored.

For Master Quest (IE, the second half of me 100%ing OoT), I will just be posting dungeons and bosses, as the entire game (at least the version I'm playing) is identical outside of the dungeons. So even easier to edit down.

Top Bottom