What mouse grip?

What mouse grip do you prefer?

• Total voters

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
My kids broke the keyboard tray on my desk so now the keyboard is just up on the surface and my space is much more limited. (Have to use my mousepad sideways.)

My wife want to get built in desks in the office eventually. I'm worried about it being well designed for PC gaming, though.

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
I've been using my Razer Naga Molten Core edition for years and I just love having all the buttons. Couldn't go back to less buttons, wouldn't want to. I can bind everything to mouse buttons and pretty much never have to move my left hand off WADS.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I've been using my Razer Naga Molten Core edition for years and I just love having all the buttons. Couldn't go back to less buttons, wouldn't want to. I can bind everything to mouse buttons and pretty much never have to move my left hand off WADS.
I'm not sure I'd want that. Could just be my inexperience with it. But I see those mouses with a ton of buttons and it seems hard to keep them all straight. Plus I have five fingers to run buttons on the keyboard. With the mouse it's all just the thumb, right? (I guess it's really just two extra fingers on the keyboard, if you count three taken up by QWES.)

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
My kids broke the keyboard tray on my desk so now the keyboard is just up on the surface and my space is much more limited. (Have to use my mousepad sideways.)

My wife want to get built in desks in the office eventually. I'm worried about it being well designed for PC gaming, though.
I wouldn't mind custom built, assuming I was the one customizing. Might help with my height issue.

Even with all of the buttons on my past two mouseses, I tend to bind most everything to the keyboard.

I tried QWES, had to reformat.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Obviously custom built would be great if it's custom built properly. I worry that the design will be lacking either due to my own inexperience with designing furniture or disagreement with my wife.

First thing that comes to mind is her desire that there be some kind of closed off portion to hold the tower. She's thinking it'll look good. I'm thinking of nightmares with overheating and cable/internals access.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
Yeah, that was an issue I thought might come up.

I wouldn't build or design it myself, I know myself too well to think that I would be happy with anything I am capable of coming up with. I would just ask the contractor to include certain features in their design.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
True, true. I guess I just still worry about, "oh crap, I never thought to ask for THAT". But then again, the same could be true of any desk you bought. But then again again, a built in custom option has more of a permanent feeling to it. :p

Vandabo

Guise srsly
When I was in middle and high school I had a large built-in corner desk in my room. It was super sturdy, but it was a huge pain to run cabling around and it locked my room into one layout. I much prefer to have the freedom to change the layout of a room at will, so in my own places I never have anything that is permanent. It also makes changes and additions to the electronics a lot easier when you can pull things away from the wall without unbolting a lot of stuff.

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
I'm not sure I'd want that. Could just be my inexperience with it. But I see those mouses with a ton of buttons and it seems hard to keep them all straight. Plus I have five fingers to run buttons on the keyboard. With the mouse it's all just the thumb, right? (I guess it's really just two extra fingers on the keyboard, if you count three taken up by QWES.)
Oh, it took some time to get used to. But I'd do it all over again if I had to.

Top Bottom