WeekEND Gaming (09.14.18) - What are YOU playing?

Purple Santa

keeper of the day and end
Unfortunately, not Shadow of the Tomb Raider. Despite my very excited self getting home at a reasonable hour from work, the week had already taken a toll on my weary brain. I installed the game and had plenty of time to play but alas I knew I wouldn't enjoy it. So I didn't play. I am glad I did since I played Far Cry 4 and my eyes were closing on that game as it was. I just wouldn't have enjoyed my time with SotTR and a TR game for me is important enough I want to savor it as much as I can. Instead, FC4 which I liberated the rest of the towers. I accidentally walked past an outpost which then began a rain of rockets on my head. I decided I wasn't happy and went Rambo on the outpost. I may have died but I took down two flame thrower baddies with me. This morning I took down a few more outposts, I have 7 left. I'll work on the side stuff (outposts, fashion week, serial killer masks et al) and that will take most of my weekEND. As for why not play SotTR? Out of respect for the gf, she wants to play it next when her semester is over in December. I don't want to ruin the game playing it in front of her. So FC4 it is. Maybe i'll attempt to play the Octopath Traveler demo.

Go be merry somewhere and hopefully while playing lots of games. Have a great weekEND everyone!

What are YOU playing?

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I didn't play last night either. So sick of being sick. (Just coughing and congestion, but it's annoying!!)

Scout campout with the oldest tonight, so my weekend gaming will have to start Saturday at the earliest.

jpublic

Threadslayer
I dunno. Too worried about my cat to really want to think about games. Had to take the poor girl to the vet this morning, she was so lethargic she was practically immobile, and hasn't eat or drink anything for a day.

Gorvi

You're not my supervisor!
Man, jpub, that sucks.

Well, I got my LRG Limited Edition copy of Salt & Sanctuary order in this morning, so that's good. I'm getting closer and closer to wrapping up that North American complete set of Vita releases. Maybe in the next 6 to 8 months if I can pace myself.

Gaming this weekend will be a bit limited, probably just a bit of Dragon Quest XI when I can find the time, and some Exile's End when I can squeeze that in. Me in an actual happy relationship is having a hard time finding time to game, but I'm not complaining in any way. Sunday we're taking the kids to Adventure Island for the day, that should be a blast and should completely wear them out.

rein

Colonist
Sorry about the cat JPub. Hope she comes out if it okay.

I need to go home and finish mowing my yard. My riding mower broke and I am having to use a walk behind. It took me about 90 minutes to do just over half of it last night. Sucks.

After that my weekend frees up a lot unless I decide to go shopping for a new mower. It looks like DQXI will be on my gaming menu for the weekend.

jpublic

Threadslayer
Happy bday, Dav. 30 is nothing, it's 35 that sucks.

In cat news, it looks like she has pancreatitis. That's fairly serious in cats, so she's at the hospital overnight.

I dunno. Too worried about my cat to really want to think about games. Had to take the poor girl to the vet this morning, she was so lethargic she was practically immobile, and hasn't eat or drink anything for a day.
Oh no. I'm so sorry. I lost my cat over a year ago and I still get weepy about her. I also got her tattooed on my arm. I hope she gets better.

It's the fifteenth today, which makes me 30 years old. Cheers, gang.

Any of you old-timers have advice on being in your 30s?
30s were okay. 40s are when things pick up steam! Make sure you make every single Kecking day count.

Happy belated! Now, go live!

Hope your cat is ok, jpub!

Happy belated birthday, Dav. I loved my 30s. You’re old enough to know better but young enough not to care. I still think of myself as being somewhere around 37 or so, despite being several years past that.

I haven’t really played much the past couple days besides doing a few Dead Cells runs. I was just about to sit down with my good friend Mr. Parker last night but then my son got back from the fair and his buddy was sleeping over so I had to vacate the tv room. Sigh.

I’ll probably play more Spidey and Dead Cells and maybe some Octopath Traveler or Ace Attorney. Right now I’m watching the garden tractor pull at the fair. It’s so silly.

jpublic

Threadslayer
Cat news: she's still at the vet. We went to see her and she's looking a little better, but she's still unwilling to eat even for us, so we're having to leave her there until Monday.

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
Yikes. I hope it turns out okay and she can come home after that, jpub.

So I've thing I've been pondering: any if you have observations or advice on dating in your thirties? Not that I did too well in my twenties, just I can't shake the feeling that the older I get the more difficult it's gonna get.

Last edited:

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Just finished up Prey. Great to the end for me. @civil_dead if you want something that does interesting things with story and choice, I highly recommend this one.

The hilarious thing was five minutes before beating the game a second time (alternate ending) I discovered that you can move quickly in a certain situation by pressing the sprint button. I had been crawling along in those sections for the whole game! :Do_O

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I mentioned a bit ago that I wouldn't consider Prey to be a first person shooter.
I watched a video recently that articulated the genre of Prey. "Immersive Sim". It mentions the Thief, System Shock, and Deus Ex games as examples of immersive sims.

Yikes. I hope it turns out okay and she can come home after that, jpub.

So I've thing I've been pondering: any if you have observations or advice on dating in your thirties? Not that I did too well in my twenties, just I can't shake the feeling that the older I get the more difficult it's gonna get.
I met my wife in my thirties through online dating. Idk, we both knew what we were looking for and there was a spark the first time we met. For me, it went well when I was completely honest about what I was looking for. I was looking for my wife. I wanted kids. I needed someone who could keep up with me intellectually and I needed someone who was much nicer than me. And I found her.

Sadly, I can’t give any dating advice. My wife and I started dating when we were 16 and we got married at 22. I barely know what the concept of dating is.

My daughter and I got to meet Ryan North today. He signed her complete collection of Squirrel Girl graphic novels and I got my copies of William Shakespeare Punches A Friggin’ Shark and Romeo And/Or Juliet signed, along with picking up a copy of To Be Or Not To Be and a volume of Dinosaur Comics. What a super nice dude that guy is, not to mention insanely tall.

I’d heard he was nice but he’s crazy pleasant to be around and took a bunch of time to chat with my daughter about Squirrel Girl. We need to keep our eyes peeled in case he puts in a little Easter egg for her in a later issue :)

Gorvi

You're not my supervisor!
My only real experience dating as an adult is in my 30's, so I can offer a bit of insight. Don't mess around with bullshit dating games, like waiting a certain time to respond to someone or when to ask for a date, etc.. If you want to say something, say it, don't beat around the bush. If you see a red flag or feel hesitant for any reason put on the brakes and don't escalate the relationship until you feel comfortable. Ignoring something that could be a big deal breaker because other aspects are right can lead to a lot of time wasted or worse.

Most of all, though, know what you want and clearly communicate it. That sounds simple but a lot of people don't know what the hell they want when they're dating, and it leads to a lot of mixed signals and confusion.

Purple Santa

keeper of the day and end
It's the fifteenth today, which makes me 30 years old. Cheers, gang.

Any of you old-timers have advice on being in your 30s?
My advice is life gets better. This is from someone who was the biggest cynic, life is half empty kind of view of life. My life truly began after 30. I was still mired in a miserable marriage that took 10 yrs of my life but I learned from it (I have been married twice, the second time was a lot better). I just felt different when turning 30 and it took another 4 yrs to finally make my life pivot. But it certainly was due to being over 30. Life hasn't been roses of course but the risks I took, the changes I have become as a person were since I have turned 30.

You are already doing what it seems you needed. You went back to Japan. You don't need advice. You got this. . Keep living the way you are and keep that dialog that got you to Japan again. As for dating advice, go live and explore life. Don't force it. If we are as alike as I think we are, then that is what I have done and someone did appear. Twice. The first time was a long term relationship that I never thought would occur. I am now in another and I'll say I wasn't looking for it, I was doing the opposite, I was ready to go explore and live life however someone found me. Now I'll do the same but with someone. You already are an explorer. I think you will continue to grow in every way possible out there in Japan and wherever you go next. Enjoy life, you'll find that person or more likely they will find you.

My only real experience dating as an adult is in my 30's, so I can offer a bit of insight. Don't mess around with bullshit dating games, like waiting a certain time to respond to someone or when to ask for a date, etc.. If you want to say something, say it, don't beat around the bush. If you see a red flag or feel hesitant for any reason put on the brakes and don't escalate the relationship until you feel comfortable. Ignoring something that could be a big deal breaker because other aspects are right can lead to a lot of time wasted or worse.

Most of all, though, know what you want and clearly communicate it. That sounds simple but a lot of people don't know what the hell they want when they're dating, and it leads to a lot of mixed signals and confusion.
Print this out and meditate on it daily.

Also: people love confidence (not arrogance). Believe in yourself, love who you are, and share that love freely. It will make you more attractive to the people you want to be attracted to you.

Print this out and meditate on it daily.

Also: people love confidence (not arrogance). Believe in yourself, love who you are, and share that love freely. It will make you more attractive to the people you want to be attracted to you.
Just make sure you use protection when you’re sharing your love freely.

Is the baby colicky? Our son was like that from 6 weeks to 3 months or so. I got to know the back roads very well as I would come home from work and my wife would hand me him and make me drive around until he fell asleep.

Now he’s a teenager and all he does is sleep.

Not colicky. Reflux, and she's tongue and lip tied so she has to get that lasered on Thursday (which should help feedings get better and faster).

Top Bottom