WeekEND Gaming (08.10.18) - What are YOU playing?

Purple Santa

keeper of the day and end
Mario O, Just Cause 2 and this group of games that will be sitting on my hard drive to be played and/or ignored until I find something that grabs me enough:
Fallout 4
South Park TFbW
Watchdogs
Skyrim
Bioshock collection
Call of Duty Warfare
collection of free digital games on my HD

I want to try Octopath traveler (demo) to see if i'll invest in the game eventually. From the list, I have never really gotten far in a CoD game, maybe CoDW to start. Maybe a Skype call to Dav so he can save my Golf season :).

That should keep me busy along with pool time if weather permits. Everyone have a great weekEND!

What are YOU playing?

maharahaj

Humanity is the Devil
I might finish up TLoZ:A Link Between Worlds; I have what I am assuming 3 dungeons left to conquer. I also got the 3 PS4 games I ordered earlier this week, so I might throw Wipeout Omega Collection in and start all the campaigns from scratch. I have previously played the shit out of Wipeout HD + Fury and the Vita game.

Last edited:

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Mario O, Just Cause 2 and this group of games that will be sitting on my hard drive to be played and/or ignored until I find something that grabs me enough:
Fallout 4
South Park TFbW
Watchdogs
Skyrim
Bioshock collection
Call of Duty Warfare
collection of free digital games on my HD

I want to try Octopath traveler (demo) to see if i'll invest in the game eventually. From the list, I have never really gotten far in a CoD game, maybe CoDW to start. Maybe a Skype call to Dav so he can save my Golf season :).

That should keep me busy along with pool time if weather permits. Everyone have a great weekEND!

What are YOU playing?
I am actually curious what "Call of Duty Warfare" is exactly. :)

The Valkyria Chronicles 4 demo got me excited for that game, so I've jumped back into the remastered version of the original. That will probably keep me busy through the weekend.

I'm also hoping to do some repairs to our pinball machine this weekend. I'm going to pick up a part later today. My wife will be happy if I can get it working again.

Stoke

Act. Like. A. Dove.
I am planning on playing absolutely nothing this weekend. With the World of Warcraft expansion out on Monday and The International Dota 2 tournament starting on Wednesday my free time will soon be completely booked. Before that happens I want to get some reading in this weekend. Planning on starting with Lirael by Garth Nix and seeing where that takes me.

Gorvi

You're not my supervisor!
Damn, it's been a week. I was off Monday for a dr appointment for my youngest son, then QT with the gf, which was great. Tuesday and Wednesday I was home on lice duty with my daughter. I swear, in over 11 years with my older two I've never had a lice issue, now with the twins it's been twice in six months. Bleh. Thursday I was off again for a very nice day with the gf and later on my son's middle school orientation, which made me feel insanely old. And today, back at work, then off again Monday for the first day of school.

Not a ton of gaming this week, a little Overwatch with the kids. This weekend I'm definitely going to be getting in more Yakuza Dead Souls, Fallout 4, and Trails in the Sky SC. Oh, and I need to finish the VC4 demo, I can't believe next month will have both that and Dragon Quest XI. Insanity.

I want to go to the movies this weekend. There's actually a couple movies I want to see. We have a family reunion on Saturday, so who knows. I'd like to go though, since we probably will be out of the theater game for a long time.

We've got some baby shopping to do to finish up (the kid will probably need a mattress in that crib. Also, one of those plastic bathtubs), and I need to get the camera for the monitor pointed at the crib. Beyond that, we are pretty well set up.

If I play games, it'll probably be Wolfenstein 2 and Switch nonsense. I have a little credit left over on the eShop, but I'm not sure what to get with it. I've been thinking about either Battle Chasers, Captain Toad, or Okami.

If I play games, it'll probably be Wolfenstein 2 and Switch nonsense. I have a little credit left over on the eShop, but I'm not sure what to get with it. I've been thinking about either Battle Chasers, Captain Toad, or Okami.
After so many people praised Okami, I finally fired it up in a PSOne emulator. I couldn't get past the first drawing challenge and gave up after like 30 minutes. If it takes advantage of the touch screen controls on the Switch, it might be worth playing. That drawing mechanic is the exact opposite of fun using a controller.

Well, I managed to make it through the trip without committing any major crimes, partly comforted by the displeasure of others.

My brother-in-law is obsessed with status, so, when he heard we were going to Lake Tahoe (for the wedding of people he'd never met, mind you), he knew he had to come, and just invited himself. Fortunately (for me), he had no idea that Lake Tahoe was so... rural, and was expecting more of a bustling city, like Scottsdale, AZ, or something. Without a mall around, he and his wife just weren't sure what to do in all that nature. Throwing caution to the wind, they decided on a bit of spontaneous hiking, an event made even more interesting by the fact that I don't think his wife even owns a pair of practical shoes (it's all sandals and heels), let alone bothered to pack any. Leading an increasingly-frustrated, miniskirt-clad girl into the middle of the woods, I'm surprised I wasn't arrested. :p

I may have been the only one to enjoy it (including my wife, who felt inexplicable sympathy for her brother), but I got to see one of best friends finally walk down the aisle, so it was worth it.

In any case, my summer is almost to an end, so I'm ready to ease into long stretches of gaming, including some titles I've missed. I picked up Resident Evil: Biohazard and Fallout 4, the other day. For the moment, though, I am really enjoying Far Cry 5. It has a much more organic world, like Skyrim with guns. Just wandering around the world and discovering new things to do (and there's so much) is incredibly rewarding.

And, on that note, I understand that Assassin's Creed: Origins is similar in structure. Is that a game I can pick up without having played any of the games before it?

EWolfmanD

Phantom Thieves
I've been busy the last few days, so I haven't gotten a chance to play Octopath Traveler. I think I have more stuff to do this weekend, but hopefully I'll be able to play a little bit at least. I still need to get a few more levels to hit the recommended level for the Chapter 2 stories, so I'll probably work on that and then try to figure out which one I want to do first.

Purple Santa

In my own play of Golf Story, and now I'm at the beach course, the game is taking off the kiddie gloves. Couple doozy challenges there.
I didn't know you were still playing GS. I thought you had finished oh wise GS therapist.

And, on that note, I understand that Assassin's Creed: Origins is similar in structure. Is that a game I can pick up without having played any of the games before it?
You shouldn't have a problem playing. It's one of the best games in the series, go enjoy it.

You shouldn't have a problem playing. It's one of the best games in the series, go enjoy it.
Thank you, Santa. I'll go and pick it up, today. Even if it takes me all semester to get through them, I want to have a decent library of games already installed on my system (an issue which has stopped me from just picking up something in my free time many times, now).

I've got a bit of a busy weekend as I have regular D&D tonight, tomorrow evening I have a 3 hour D&D competitive game going on and on Sunday we have a big festival in town and then I'm taking the kids to camp. That said, I'm sure I can fit in some time for videogames :)

Here are the games I'm hoping to play this weekend:

Octopath Traveler
(Switch) - I've finished chapter 1 of Olberic's story. Now on to something new!

Dead Cells (Switch & PC) - I'm loving this on the Switch but also really like it on PC so I'm bouncing between the two, esp. since they've revamped a bunch of stuff since it left early access this week.

Chasm (PC) - This game is nowhere near as forgiving as Dead Cells.

On the boardgame front, I may take Legacy Of Dragonholt for a spin either this weekend or next week since it can be played solo and I've heard that it actually works really well as a solo game.

Purple Santa

Thank you, Santa. I'll go and pick it up, today. Even if it takes me all semester to get through them, I want to have a decent library of games already installed on my system (an issue which has stopped me from just picking up something in my free time many times, now).
I look forward to when you meet up with a friendly group of peers called the Phlyakes. They have some social skill issues, but they are your friend :D

Stoke

Act. Like. A. Dove.
I'll second this. I picked it up after only playing a bit of the original and about half of Black Flag and enjoyed it a lot without feeling like I was missing anything from having not played most of the series. There is still Assassin's Creed story stuff in there but it's very sparse and easily ignored. I'm looking forward to AC:Odyssey as a result.

Zagrash

3 ducks in a man suit
I'm also hoping to do some repairs to our pinball machine this weekend. I'm going to pick up a part later today. My wife will be happy if I can get it working again.
What machine do you have? My brother-in-law has been refurbishing pinball machines lately, and has 4 in his basement. I'm awful at pinball, but appreciate everything that goes into making the machines work.

Been trying to finish a whole map on Stellaris. Learning stupid little things like you gotta call dibs on planets before war starts you can do it durriing the war but it's still obtuse. Also trying to finish the Consulars quest in SWTOR but this trash game is exhausting.

Last edited:
Looks like I have to wait on Origins, after all. I strolled on down to the local Walmart, and it was $20 more expensive than it was on their online store.

Oh, well, in the meantime, I have plenty of other games, and I may even try to catch a movie, this weekend.

What machine do you have? My brother-in-law has been refurbishing pinball machines lately, and has 4 in his basement. I'm awful at pinball, but appreciate everything that goes into making the machines work.
We have The Machine (Bride of Pinbot). They can be very pricey, and I'm not really good at the refurbishing so we bought ours already somewhat refurbished. Luckily we've got an excellent technician that lives about 20 minutes away who can help when we have bigger issues. It's crazy to watch him play it as he just nails every ramp or trigger he's looking for when he tests it. I usually lose my ball before I even get to hit it once, but my wife enjoys it. Personally, I'd probably prefer a really good video pinball setup with an ultrawide screen laid down to look like a pinball machine so we could play a bunch of different ones. Maybe once we get our kitchen remodeled I can put a couple grand towards getting one of those set up.

Hmm. Looks like Legacy Of Dragonholt is really set up to be a single-player game, so I think I might try that out tonight before delving deeper into more Dead Cells on the Switch.

I also started up Maize last night and made it to chapter 2. I think I'm in love with that game.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
I've heard too much about the new Doom already.
Spoiled it for you already?
Because it is all that anyone can talk about?

I watched that last night and in the first time in a long time I was excited about a AAA title.
Agreed. I watched that demo 3 times yesterday.

Essentially. I know I will play it. So I've just lost some surprises I could have had.
What would you have rather found yourself? I really liked the sequence where the Slayer was walking amongst normal folk, that would have been cool to experience for the first time first hand, but all of the gameplay reveals just made me squeal.

maharahaj

Humanity is the Devil
Lol Pomeroy. I have yet to play Doom; waiting for it to hit the $10 mark on X1.

After almost 2 years of my PS4 collecting dust (my fault, was in a gaming lull), I started up Wipeout Omega Collection. Damn does this game look great! Im gonna play through all the campaigns on Novice first, then Experienced. I remember Elite being a little too ridiculous in both speed and ship rubber banding, but I'll get 30-40 hours of game play out of this re-release.

I might also get back to Luigi's Mansion: Dark Moon. I didn't get far the first time, so I will probably restart from scratch.

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
How do you even spoil a Doom game? It's gonna be a lot of shooting. There will be demons. It will be super dumb. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯
I'm inclined to agree. The new one was dumb, but not the fun kind of dumb like in Bulletstorm. Fun! But tough to spoil unless the weapon reveals really get you going when you find them in-game.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
What would you have rather found yourself? I really liked the sequence where the Slayer was walking amongst normal folk, that would have been cool to experience for the first time first hand, but all of the gameplay reveals just made me squeal.
That you have a sword. That there are shoulder mounted flame throwers. That there is a grappling hook and the movement looks fantastic. Whatever you just described. :p

Top Bottom