WeekEND Gaming (04.13.18) - What are YOU still playing?

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
It's funny, I live in Madison, we've gotten like... 2" of snow. My parents, in Green Bay? About 30.
It's been kind of fun to have a snowed in weekend. 30" though, yikes! I'll look up our total accumulation in the morning when the snow has (hopefully) stopped.

I've spent the evening relaxing, visiting with my roommates, drinking tea, and playing Minecraft. Not a bad way to spend a snowy Sunday night.

Purple Santa

keeper of the day and end
So I played through Inside this morning start to finish, that was certainly a thing. I liked it a lot more than Limbo, which I thought was good but insanely overrated. I'm going to go back and get the two hidden secret things I missed, it looks like it might change the way the game ends. Or not, I'm super close anyway.
I watched the secret ending. If you are close to all the hidden secret things, finish with the proper ending. I didn't get that ending but watched it. It makes a bit more sense with it.

Purple Santa

keeper of the day and end
We had 80 degree weather on Saturday. I was sitting out in shorts and setting up my yard. Yesterday, i'm in a sweatshirt picking up my yard stuff that was blown into the street by 40 mile an hour winds. The temps dropped into the 30s. Now we have flood type rain with cold temps. Getting to work should be fun today.

Gorvi

You're not my supervisor!
I watched the secret ending. If you are close to all the hidden secret things, finish with the proper ending. I didn't get that ending but watched it. It makes a bit more sense with it.
Well, I got it, and it still made no sense to me. The secrets were fun to find, the only thing I had to look up was the way to open the door to get to the hidden ending after you had already found everything. I still don't understand how the hell you're supposed to figure that out.

Cool game, though. I had grabbed the physical version bundled with Limbo for $9 shipped from a Newegg sale a week ago, it was completely worth it.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Well, I got it, and it still made no sense to me. The secrets were fun to find, the only thing I had to look up was the way to open the door to get to the hidden ending after you had already found everything. I still don't understand how the hell you're supposed to figure that out.

Cool game, though. I had grabbed the physical version bundled with Limbo for $9 shipped from a Newegg sale a week ago, it was completely worth it.
I had to do some reading on some theories about what all was going on. It helped me a lot. (Even though there's still plenty left to interpretation, but at it least got me to the point to be able to start MAKING SOME INTERPRETATIONS.)

Gorvi

You're not my supervisor!
I had to do some reading on some theories about what all was going on. It helped me a lot. (Even though there's still plenty left to interpretation, but at it least got me to the point to be able to start MAKING SOME INTERPRETATIONS.)
Yeah, I should do that this week at some point. I don't mind the mystery at all, I just thing they could have been maybe a tiny bit clearer.

I am still messing around with NNK2. I still think it is a bit spread too thin in some areas in favor of things that really do not need to be there. There is a cute RPG and serviceable town building game buried in there though.

GS is giving an extra $80 trade-in credit for a PS4 or XB1. I am thinking of trading my OG XB1 for credit or trading both XB1 and PS4 for a PS4 Pro. TBH, looking over the XB1 exclusives I have no reason to keep it. The few games that I am interested in are on PC too. I feel like this might be my best chance at getting a decent trade value for it. The only reason I can think of to get a PS4 Pro is if I decide to get PSVR in the future. Not sure I want that this gen either since I backed out last time I was going to try it (and it cost me $60 in fees, thanks to Dell losing a package).

I think I have until tomorrow decide. I have until the 22nd to decide.
I started NNK2 this weekend and am having a great time so far. I really just opened up the Kingdom Building part after about 8 hours, so it takes a while to even get to that point. I like a lot of the little things they added to this game like the skirmishes, and the Higgledies are way better than the familiars from the first game. I also really enjoy the art style.

It's a good thing I'm enjoying that as I just traded in my PS4 and pre-ordered the PS4 Pro God of War bundle on Best Buy (BB seemed to be the only place that still had it). $170 for a launch PS4 takes the price down to about $260 after taxes, but since they throw in God of War I'm really only paying about $200 for a PS4 Pro. That's a deal I can get behind. Especially since my birthaversary is coming up and I know I can talk a few people into just giving me cash instead of buying me something from my Amazon wish list. Although my fingers are still crossed that my wife's interview goes well today. That $200 will seem like a lot more money if she has to go on unemployment.

Top Bottom