WeekDAY Gaming (11.05.18) - What are YOU still playing?

Purple Santa

(keeper of the day and end)
Maybe this is the week where I finally tame work, I can come home and not feel the need to lay on my sofa and feel I made it to the sofa, that was my achievement! With that hope my gaming will look likely the same as it has been. RDR2, which i'm learning I need to play when I have time for longer game sessions. Between the not being able to save anywhere at all times and my ability to get lost in the RDR2 world, I know i'm best playing this when I have more than 30 -45 minutes of game time. For those shorter spurts, Shadow of the Tomb Raider and Forza Horizon 4. Yakuza 6 may be taking a break since I rather focus on that game fully then play in small gaming spurts. Maybe if I just sleep less, like two hours a night I can get more game time :)

Enjoy your week everyone!

What are YOU still playing?

You can't save everywhere? I feel like I've been doing just that. Maybe it's during a mission you can't save.

Gorvi

You're not my supervisor!
I finally got back to Dragon Quest XI this weekend, and damn, stuff happened. Unexpected stuff. Now I'm really curious to see where things go. Getting a new party member 50+ hours into JRPG is a nice change of pace.

A bit more Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC, I'm working my way through a set of 4 straight dungeons, I'm thinking that's what all of Chapter 7 is going to be. So far I'm working my way through the second, trying to level up some of the party members I haven't used as much.

evilgoodwin

Abomination Unto Nuggan
Binge played Timespinner, a Metroidvania game. It's fun. Not too hard, though. What to do next? Well, I'm sick so I guess I'll just spend the week coughing shit up.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
Someone says "metroidvania" and another game goes on my Steam wishlist, to be played in 2045 or so.

I did a lot less gaming this weekend than I had planned. Instead I watched two movies (the original Halloween and the new sequel, both fantastic) and spent a lot of time with my plants. On Saturday I went to a local nursery and added 6 more plants to my collection. I must have over 120 at this point...maybe I'll count sometime. Yesterday I spent a couple of hours shuffling plants around, prepping some for winter, doing a little repotting, and of course some watering.

Gaming-wise I played neither Among the Sleep nor Mario + Rabbids. Instead I watched the boyfriend play Parasite Eve. I also picked up Hidden Folks on the Switch, which is a very charming little hidden object game. Did you hear that, Spigot? The bf and I worked through some of the puzzles together. Hopefully this week will see some progress made on Among the Sleep and Mario + Rabbids though, as I'm eager to get them both off the backlog.

Mags, I bought Hidden Folks on iOS and PC the second it launched a year and a half ago.

Nice try though :)

This is a bonkers week at work from a staffing perspective. I spent most of today trying to plug all the holes in my schedule but it’s looking like I still may have to work tomorrow night. Woo.

I’m going to play more of Danganronpa 2 & RDR2 while I wait for TetRez to launch on Friday. Woo x 2!

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
I figured you had, but I thought just maybe I'd beaten you to it. I somehow missed it back then.

There was a time when I could recommend games to you, but I swear you almost always find them before me now. :)

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
I made some pretty good progress in Mario + Rabbids tonight. 4-2 is completed, so on to 4-3. I was also eyeing the DLC, but I'm holding off on that for now. The game is going to be $25 at Target on Black Friday, so I'm hoping to buy my own copy then, at which point I'll pick up the DLC and play through that and the various extra stages.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
AC:OD last night. After my computer taking like 15 minutes to reboot. :(

My five year old walked in yesterday and immediately asked if he could play Overcooked. I asked him why that's the first thing he said to me. He said, "It's literally the best game about cookers!"

Here's to hoping some glimmer of sanity prevails down there with you guys. It's even more frustrating watching all of this from outside and not being able to do anything but scream.

Zagrash

3 ducks in a man suit
I moved a few towns over last year, so I'm no longer in Peter Roskam's district, but I hope the promise I made to one of his staffers still comes true and he can be former representative Roskam, because F that guy.

jpublic

Threadslayer
There's a reason I don't use vSphere Replication as a whole. We've got other products that handle that work so much more elegantly.
I'd have rather used Array-based, but they didn't want to buy TWO new SANs, so I have to deal. It works okay, but can make things a little tedious when you have to kill replication every time you want to change something on a VM.

Well, I picked up Yakuza 6 for cheap using my gift card yesterday (so technically kind of for free). Now I just need to wait for this second gift card to come in and I can pick up Yakuza 0 and complete my Yakuza collection!

rein

Colonist
Like what? I mean, it's a phone. How asinine can it really get
The biggest annoyance is the way it works as a hotspot for the iPad. Using my old android phone as a hotspot it was treated like any other wifi and the iPad would be connected coming out of sleep mode. With the iPhone the iPad does not auto reconnect. I have to select the hotspot each time it comes out of sleep mode. Google -fu leads me to believe this is by design as to not use up the phones battery. Okay, I wouldn't mind the option to toggle that. The other, when it connects to the car Bluetooth it wants to auto play anything in my phones play list. Deleting everything out of the playlist seemed to be the only way to avoid this.

Woo! I got a second $20 visa card (i love filling out surveys!) so my Yakuza collection is now complete. I just need to find the time to play 4, 5, 6, Zero and Dead Souls. Not going to bother with the Kiwamis since I have already played through the games on the PS2.

Purple Santa

You can't save everywhere? I feel like I've been doing just that. Maybe it's during a mission you can't save.
Wait. You can save anywhere? So this is more like JRPGRDR2?
You can't save during a mission all other times you can save anywhere.
My five year old walked in yesterday and immediately asked if he could play Overcooked. I asked him why that's the first thing he said to me. He said, "It's literally the best game about cookers!"
There are worse things he could have asked. Have you had the talk yet, for not nice words we use "Keck" to replace the not nice words ;)

Woo! I got a second $20 visa card (i love filling out surveys!) so my Yakuza collection is now complete. I just need to find the time to play 4, 5, 6, Zero and Dead Souls. Not going to bother with the Kiwamis since I have already played through the games on the PS2.
You will probably finish Yakuza 6 before me.

You can't save during a mission all other times you can save anywhere.

You will probably finish Yakuza 6 before me.
It’s a race!

As for the RDR2 thing, I wish there was a better on-screen indicator for when it saved. I usually just put the system to sleep rather than exiting the game. The other day I fired it up and found myself waist deep in the snow up in the mountains despite knowing that when I’d turned the game off I was down in Valentine. It wouldn’t have been so bad except that due to the game not having fast travel, that was a bit of a hike back down the mountain to civilization.

I assume it saves whenever you sleep, at the very least.

Purple Santa

It’s a race!

As for the RDR2 thing, I wish there was a better on-screen indicator for when it saved. I usually just put the system to sleep rather than exiting the game. The other day I fired it up and found myself waist deep in the snow up in the mountains despite knowing that when I’d turned the game off I was down in Valentine. It wouldn’t have been so bad except that due to the game not having fast travel, that was a bit of a hike back down the mountain to civilization.

I assume it saves whenever you sleep, at the very least.
You sleep?

Top Bottom