WeekDAY Gaming (10.01.18)

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
I on the other hand have been feverishly consuming the new stuff as it comes out and am loving it. I usually get my stuff digitally through amazon if I wanna buy something, that is what I will do for this.

C&C is gonna be here in November, which I plan to go to.

johnperkins21

Custom title
Gonna play some Shadow Complex and hopefully go out and buy the new Coheed and Cambria album.
I should pick up the remaster of Shadow Complex sometime. I really did enjoy playing that game and am somewhat surprised we never got a sequel. Whatever happened to ChAIR? I don't think they've really done anything since the last Infinity Blade game.

maharahaj

Humanity is the Devil
I didn't know there was a remaster of Shadow Complex. I'm playing the 360 version. On my Xbox one.

Found the new Coheed album; just stopped by the King of Prussia Mall (largest mall in the US) and saw a CD and vinyl record store that I didn't know opened. They had it on both formats along with the new Pig Destroyer album on both formats.

maharahaj

Humanity is the Devil
Didn't know there was a new Pig Destroyer, definitely gonna have to check that out as well.
They have a bass player now and are a true 5 piece band. Lots of guest vocals too. Song structure is longer now; the album kind of reminds me of how Agoraphobic Nosebleed changed their style for their Agorapocolips Now album. That's not a bad thing.

We're probably the only two on this board that understand what I just typed.

Last edited:

johnperkins21

Custom title
I didn't know there was a remaster of Shadow Complex. I'm playing the 360 version. On my Xbox one.
It exists on Steam and PS4. Not sure if there's an Xbone version of the remaster, but I'd assume there might be. Though if you've got an Xbone and the original 360 version, I'd imagine the up-rez is probably just as good as the remaster.

jpublic

Threadslayer
I should pick up the remaster of Shadow Complex sometime. I really did enjoy playing that game and am somewhat surprised we never got a sequel. Whatever happened to ChAIR? I don't think they've really done anything since the last Infinity Blade game.
Yeah, nothing big, they only did Fortnite :D

I liked Shadow Complex, despite the fact that it was based on a horrible person's IP.

johnperkins21

Custom title
Yeah, nothing big, they only did Fortnite :D

I liked Shadow Complex, despite the fact that it was based on a horrible person's IP.
They were bought by Epic, but I'm not aware of anyone on their team working on Fortnite. Neither of the leads on Fortnite: Battle Royale worked at ChAIR, and their about page on Epic.com lists Infinity Blade and their new game Spyjinx with no mention of Fortnite. I wouldn't doubt that they had some input on Fortnite as part of Epic, I just couldn't find evidence of it even though it exists on their Wikipedia page.

And I agree about Shadow Complex. Felt similarly about Ender's Game, but it's possible for terrible people to create great art.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
They have a bass player now and are a true 5 piece band. Lots of guest vocals too. Song structure is longer now; the album kind of reminds me of how Agoraphobic Nosebleed changed their style for their Agorapocolips Now album. That's not a bad thing.

We're probably the only two on this board that understand what I just typed.
Almost certainly. If you are gonna hang out on discord come into the OTD thread, it is a music sharing channel and my choices have not been getting much love. No hate either, so really so far so good considering the typical reaction I get to something like Abominable Putrefaction or EyeHateGod. Really though I have not gone too gnarly at all in the hope that I won't get banned.

Edit; Listening to Agoraphobic Nosebleed Arc right now, so good.

Last edited:

maharahaj

Humanity is the Devil
Almost certainly. If you are gonna hang out on discord come into the OTD thread, it is a music sharing channel and my choices have not been getting much love. No hate either, so really so far so good considering the typical reaction I get to something like Abominable Putrefaction or EyeHateGod. Really though I have not gone too gnarly at all in the hope that I won't get banned.

I may go back to Discord. I downloaded it about a year ago and didn't really contribute due to the real time chat format; I'm not even sure act the OTD channel stands for.

I did sign up for Reddit for CoGonReddit and made 2 posts over there as a test. I'm guessing that page will get more popular in a month or so as people start transitioning over.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I may go back to Discord. I downloaded it about a year ago and didn't really contribute due to the real time chat format; I'm not even sure act the OTD channel stands for.

I did sign up for Reddit for CoGonReddit and made 2 posts over there as a test. I'm guessing that page will get more popular in a month or so as people start transitioning over.
OTD is Of The Day. Just for posting your song of the day.

I see no reason to really dig into Reddit until this place is fully defunct. True CoG is just so so (so so) much better. :p

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
Finished Steamworld Dig 2 today, and it was great. The town hub music is worth price of admission alone, but thankfully the game is really fun as well.

Not too sure what I am moving on too next, but maybe I am in a spooky scary mood and some Stasis, Soma, Layers of Fear or one of the other unplayed horror games I have will finally get its day.
Steamworld Dig 2 is such a fantastic game. I thoroughly enjoyed every minute of it. The boyfriend and I played through a good chunk of Soma before we hit a bug and would have had to restart. We still might do that eventually, but I've been a little loathe to do so. Stasis looks great and is definitely on my to-play list sometime soon.

I'm taking tomorrow off as I have a lot of vacation days to burn before the end of the year. Gonna play some Shadow Complex and hopefully go out and buy the new Coheed and Cambria album.

Edit: Also, I just made my way over to the CoGonReddit site.
My boyfriend loves Coheed & Cambria. He's really psyched for the new album and is ordering the graphic novel as well.

I'll admit that I had never heard of them before we started dating. :p

Purple Santa

keeper of the day and end
To be fair, the test thread received as much action as a typical weekEND thread has lately, maybe even more. It will take some time to have people come back, be horrified all over again then leave/lurk again :p
I see no reason to really dig into Reddit until this place is fully defunct. True CoG is just so so (so so) much better. :p
reddit is a lot better than I thought it was going to be. Nothing will replace CoG and the actual REAL D/E threads but its not bad for what we need for the D/E threads.
Purple's test thread on Reddit works just fine for me.
Thank you good sir. I appreciate the feedback.

Mot Wakorb

47 Friendly Fires

You have to do some pretty egregious shit to get banned. Just mark it if it's really heavy/vulgar first.

Top Bottom