Trumpocalypse Now

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
Secretary Tillerson was fired today. He found out in a tweet, of course. Undersecretary Goldstein then released a statement basically contradicting official word from the Whitehouse as to the timeline and circumstances of Tillerson's firing, and a short while later Goldstein was also fired. Thus the circus continues to roll on, growing ever smaller but somehow crazier.

The White House is like Survivor. Who will be left when the dust settles?

Last edited:

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
Jeez, another one:

"President Donald Trump's longtime personal aide John McEntee has been fired and is under investigation by the Secret Service for serious financial crimes, according to two federal law enforcement officials".

Later in the article:

"McEntee will take a job with Trump's re-election campaign, the campaign said Tuesday morning".

What a great idea. :rolleyes:

Ravenlock

Thx for the scarf, Sadie!
So it looks like PA-18 is going to Conor Lamb via special election. As someone who can't vote in PA-18 but could have 6 months ago (I moved a half mile away, out of the district), this is pretty exciting to me. All the Pennsylvania districts have been heavily gerrymandered (that's why the state supreme court ordered a re-draw which did not take effect for this election), but this one specifically has been a Republican stronghold for almost 20 years now; Tim Murphy (the resigned-in-disgrace former holder of the seat) never won it with less than 58% of the vote, and the last two elections had him running unopposed. Trump carried the district by 20 points. Now, the GOP chucked 10 million dollars at trying to win it for this special election, and it looks like they lost. That's a big deal.

Westmoreland County isn't reporting yet, and it's the most heavily Republican section so I don't necessarily expect the trend of the left half to continue on the right half, but that's a hell of a map.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
So Trump claims he never had an affair with Stormy Daniels and knows nothing about the sketchy NDA, but now he and his lawyers are seeking money from Daniels for violation of said NDA. Hmm, how does that work?

It's incredible. We were caught in our smugness, thinking we were above manipulation, all of us.

In reality we were doing the equivalent of forwarding emails to our friends, hoping Bill Gates would give us $1000 for doing so. Or giving our checking account to some hapless Nigerian prince.

Man, I'm glad for the new format. My office's antivirus software kept going nuts because it was detecting coin miners on the old site.

Anything important on the Trump front happen while I was away?

...oh. Never mind.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
That little girl is all (well most) of us.

Man, I'm glad for the new format. My office's antivirus software kept going nuts because it was detecting coin miners on the old site.

Anything important on the Trump front happen while I was away?

...oh. Never mind.
How long were you gone? This could take awhile.

digitalErich

Mathematical!
It's sort of interesting watching the right struggle with which narrative is more useful to them with regard to the YouTube shooter...was she a radical Iranian or the victim of liberal media censorship?

He's prolly knee-deep in the current mess (or at least his office is) and can't risk any public comments whatsoever. Totally understandable, and expected.

Ravenlock

Thx for the scarf, Sadie!
...muddi, do you have a spam link appended to your post?

(To be clear I am not insinuating this is deliberate, but you may have some shady plug-in action going on, assuming this isn't also happening to other users.)