TF2 Thursdays

Status
Not open for further replies.

LiquidRain

Documentarian
As of Summer 2013, the Colony of Gamers TF2 Server is no longer operational.

It was an explosively good five+ years of service!

Maintained for posterity:
Colony of Gamers, New TF2 Server Information

To make sure you're ready for the new TF2 server, start using:

Server Address
tf2.rainwave.cc:27015
Server Location: Chicago, IL

COG TF2 Thursdays is the best thing ever! Join in!
The date: Every Thursday!
The time: 8:30pm Eastern

Other Events
Join the COG Steam Group to be notified of other events.

Custom Maps
We're not currently running any custom maps on the server.

Installed Server Mods
- Sourcemod, so the usual bunch of admin tools and fun commands (drugs/gravity/slapping)
- Auto Team Assignment. Pick a class to spawn when you join the server!
- Class Limiter: A maximum of 3 players per class, with spies and snipers restricted to 2 players at a time
- Spray Tracing
- Sudden Death Melee
- Team Talk
- Map Voting/Rock the Vote: Maps are chosen before the end of every round.
- CTF Timer: A timer is shown by the briefcase icon on your HUD, showing you how long until the case is returned to the base.
- Reserved Slots for giving CoG members priority.

Talking To Only Your Team on the Server
Open [Steam Directory]\steamapps\[account name]\team fortress 2\tf\cfg\autoexec.cfg (create it if you don't have it) and add this:

Code:
alias +teamonly "+teamtalk;+voicerecord"
alias -teamonly "-teamtalk;-voicerecord"

bind [YOUR KEY HERE] +teamonly
Save, and then that key lets you voice-talk to only your teammates! You know it's working when you hear some Half-Life beeps when you press and release your team-only talk button.

Server Administrators have remote admin access and can change the server config, reboot the server, or kick and ban players:
LiquidRain
Ghostbear
OrangePulp
Ten19

Game Administrators can kick or ban players in-game as well as change the map:
Rogue_Hunter
Lint of Death
Wackman3000
Violent
Bone

----------------------------------------------

Historic Donor List:
TheBrady, who started the server and paid the first month
LiquidRain
Ink Asylum
Lint of Death
OrangePulp
roboninja
Gigafuzz
Vyzov
DigitalErich
Lord_Don
Veregon
axion
Lon Lon Rabbit
BrassGecko
Karnov
AniAko
Ten19
The wickity-Wackman
Vyzov's Mom
Wasson
Fenced
Wackman's Mom and Grandma. Simultaneously.
And some jerk whose name I know but doesn't want to be public.
Ten19
Bone

Last edited by a moderator:

CES

Colonist
Hurrah, It's back.

Now I need to play more TF2, havent played in a month. I have a lot of heals to be dispensing (or withholding).

BrassGecko

Irrelephant
Now that looks like the first post we all know and love. It makes the moving feel so much more official!

axion

Custom User Title
Yay TF2, gotta get some games in sometime when school isn't so shitty.
Like that'll ever happen

EDIT: Am I doing it wrong, or are spoilers not working.

axion

Custom User Title
Nobody showing up does that. I think people got other games, and a lot of people went back to school, no single thing really, it just sort of died.

Lint of Death

Dustbunny of Doom
EDIT: Am I doing it wrong, or are spoilers not working.
Both.
What caused Tuesdays to die?
As axion said, a combination of games and school. I argue that part of it has been a lack of anyone regularly scheduling events in the EvAv Steam Community. Sure, everyone probably knows that it's Tuesday and Thursday at about the same time, but I could swear those events made a difference.

mightbe

Taps Mana Professionally
Man, thursdays are going to be my new cards night so I might be MIA for a while.

If you're throwing down on non-thursdays, send me a message and I'll hop on.

LiquidRain

Documentarian
That amount is in the black - the server's got plenty of money right now.

I keep the donor's list as updated as I can - I always post in the threads asking who made a donation if I can't guess from the email! cp# if I missed a donation from you, let me know your email in private or the donation amount or date or whatever floats your boat and I'll check it all out. :)

So, thanks to two donors now: Ten19 and LordDon. Thanks a bunch fellas! Ten19's was originally an "anonymous" donor who didn't heed my call to take credit for a donation, so I'm giving it to him now that I confirmed his donation. :)

Vyzov

Rainwave Music Manager
I'll be getting events going again, assuming I'm in the steam group. Alot of good games have come out recently, and some are quite time consuming (Warhammer)

AniAko

Pure Passion
Man, thursdays are going to be my new cards night so I might be MIA for a while.

If you're throwing down on non-thursdays, send me a message and I'll hop on.
Yeah, we'll host the CoG v. EvAv competition on a Wed for you ;)

I'll be getting events going again, assuming I'm in the steam group. Alot of good games have come out recently, and some are quite time consuming (Warhammer)
Yeah, we're encouraging people from all games to organize gaming events on our group.

Vyzov

Rainwave Music Manager
Yeah, we're encouraging people from all games to organize gaming events on our group.
You should set it so that anyone can make an event. It really makes things easier. We had people creating events whenever they wanted to play TF2 and it really helps fill the server up.

Vulture

grammatical black hole
I agree, as I made use of this feature.
let me guess, the events were called "i will crit-chop you all until you weep"

.... on a related note i am dangerously close to completing my "collage de la muerte" made up of 1000 screenshots of my deaths at the hands of the chop-chop ..... the majority of the screenshots come from last night's games

Lance Uppercut

BELIEVE IT, MOTHERFUCKER
This is great and all, but the VP debate is this Thursday, so I won't be playing. I'd rather see Palin squirm uncomfortably on national TV.

Thanks for including ALL The donators to the server except Wackman3000. ;)

In all seriousness though, glad to see this page getting some response, since TF2 has been pretty dead since the fall games started rolling out. So I hope to see a full locked server tomorrow so we can all bask in the joy of being a true colony of gamers.

LiquidRain

Documentarian
Thanks for including ALL The donators to the server except Wackman3000. ;)
Hey I try to get everyone but if it ain't obvious who it is and nobody responds to a post I got no choice! Glad to say we have no more anonymous donors, just 1 guy who doesn't want to be made public apparently. :)

LiquidRain

Documentarian
Well I switched it all to be Colony of Gamers branded now. I wanted to be greedy and keep it labelled Rainwave to advertise my own site, but my conscience wouldn't let me considering all the donations to keep the server running come from you guys. :)

roboninja

Without Fear
Unfortunately, Thursday has become a beer and poker night recently, so I have been MIA for a while. Depending on how long the server stays active, I might be on later, but I will be drunk ;)

EDIT: Do we need an invite for the CoG group?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom