Rocket League League! (1v1)

biosc1

monoputer
Okay, let's get our league started.

Interest was shown to this post: link, so I thought I would make an official thread.

GAME ON!

Game mode:
  • Open to PC or PS4 players.
  • 1v1
  • 1 game versus each opponent to set playoff seeding (possibility of elimination in case of odd number of players in the tournament)
  • 3 points for a regulation time win, 2 points for an OT win (to put more weight on a regulation win), 1 point for an OT loss, 0 points for a regulation time loss.
  • Single game elimination playoff tree first vs last place with a chance of a bye depending on number of players

Applicants so far:

• AniAko
  • Biosc1
  • JPicasso
  • Lance Uppercut
  • StmFuller
  • Troggles
  • Tuskbull (because he needs to)
  • Violentop
  • Wackman3000
  • Young Al Capone
  • Zrikz

Matrix

Last edited by a moderator:

biosc1

monoputer
A good idea, but I would love to watch it live with a group. Something about that seems a lot of fun to me.
Could be an added level of complexity for old men like me. Maybe play with the idea in 'regular season' and then broadcast the playoff games. I doubt we'll be able to have set times to play games as everyone has their own schedule to work with.

Troggles

Nice shot!
I'm always Steam broadcasting when I play. I could hop in as a spectator for people if they play when I'm around.

I will also be willing to practice some 1v1 with anyone. Just give me a holler if you see me on.

violent

Anti-Music God
Could be an added level of complexity for old men like me. Maybe play with the idea in 'regular season' and then broadcast the playoff games. I doubt we'll be able to have set times to play games as everyone has their own schedule to work with.
Oh, I don't mean broadcast like some e-sport shmoe, more like it'll be fun watching the matches together.

Zrikz

Colonist
new bracket!

We should try to play tomorrow, bracket is open until I get up at 6am tomorrow and I post a new bracket.. unless it doesn't change.

biosc1

monoputer
Okay, so playing the games, you don't have to do it week by week. Play who you can and then PM the score / who you played. I'll create a Google Spreadsheet to track.

biosc1

monoputer
Okay.

ENTRIES ARE CLOSED.

Let the games begin. Reference the bracket for your games.

Instead of PM'ing me, just create a post in this thread and edit / update it with your scores (we also need goals in case of a tie at the end).

End of season ties will be judged by:

a) Number of wins
b) GF / GA differential
c) yada yada fight to the death.

We could take a cue from soccer and use goal differential ([goals scored] - [goals allowed]) as the tie breaker.
That works with soccer because of the relatively few goals scored. But, for this, I'd prefer not, since this could discourage good sportsmanship. If there is a disbalance and someone is winning by some large margin, continuing to rack up the goals seems in poor taste. It also doesn't take into account someone forfeiting when the score gets out of hand. Dunno, it just seems that using the football method of tie-breaking works better here than soccer's.

Troggles

Nice shot!
Head-to-head match up makes the most sense here, since everyone will play each other in the league. I'd rather the focus lie on winning your match and not winning by a lot.

Troggles

Nice shot!
Round 1: Troggles 22 - Young Al Capone 1
Round 2: Troggles 14 - Stmfuller 2
Round 5: Troggles 14 - Zrikz 3
Round 6: Troggles 8 - Tuskbull/Arphahat 2
Round 7: Troggles 4 - Biosc1 5

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
I think, in fear of Troggles lighting us up, we will go with this method.
Troggles LIT me up in our first season match, 22 to 1 if I remember correctly. It may have been higher, definitely was not lower.

Beware Troggles, I was completely outclassed by him, Tyson vs ...well, anyone really.

I have yet to see what other competition is out there, but either I am not nearly as good as I think or this just became a battle for second place.

Edit; I remember correctly, good luck everyone!

biosc1

monoputer
FYI - I am around most of the day, so feel free to hit me up for a game whenever (well, maybe give me an hour to warmup / fight off the hangover)

Zrikz

Colonist
Consolidated list:
(w)Troggles 14 - Zrikz (L) 3
(w) Biosc1 3 - Zrikz (L) 1.
(W) Young Al 7 - (L) Zrikz - 3
(W) Wackman3000 4 - Zrikz (L) 1
(W) Tuskbull 5 - (L) Zrikz 1
(W) Zrikz 4 - (L) JP 2

Top Bottom