PAX South

Stoke

Act. Like. A. Dove.
I know there used to be quire a few CoGers in the area, anyone actually going to this one?

I thought about it for a while considering I have free lodging in San Antonio and it's about the only PAX I could reasonably make it to but work had other plans. Judging by the fact tickets are still on sale and the lack of conversation around it I kind of feel like they're reaching saturation and this is going to end up being the redheaded step-PAX of the family.

Stoke

Act. Like. A. Dove.
Or it's the first year and people don't know what to expect. That'll take time, another year will bring more populace, then you'll be upset that you can never find tickets, yada, yada, yada ;)
That could definitely be a factor, and I honestly don't remember if it was that way with East since I wasn't as invested in its success.

Xerxes

ONE FUCKING BOX
Or people like me forgot about it. But it's also not in the tighter budget I'm trying to stick to. Maybe I can be a regular in a few years time though.

Psykoboy2

Enigma Of The Mystical
That could definitely be a factor, and I honestly don't remember if it was that way with East since I wasn't as invested in its success.
It was somewhat similar. East was small for the first one and then they moved to a much bigger venue and it's grown ever since.

South may be like that, but you're right in the sense that it's really not gaining any traction - from both attendees and exhibitors. Plenty of indies have hit me up for appointments but NOTHING like what I get for PAX Prime from some of the bigger publishers and developers. Still, it's the very first one (and the final one, according to the letter I got with my tickets - by that I mean, they won't be adding a fifth PAX), so I hope to see it grow as the others have over time.

Ink Asylum

The cavalry's here!
I think it will take another year or two for the people who just can't get tickets to Prime or East to begin settling for South in greater numbers.

Xerxes

ONE FUCKING BOX
I really want to go cause I think Arena.net is announcing something GW2 there but... hopefully there's next year.

Abyssion

Every ****ing Day.
I want to go but my fiance and I have fallen on hard financial times since she got fired from her job (wrongful termination from everything we found out), maybe next year.

Crittias

The Professor
It was my first, so I have no reference point to compare it to, but I enjoyed the show. I especially enjoyed the panel where Mike and Jerry drew a comic onstage while answering questions, and the Paul & Storm concert Saturday night.

Also: Oculus Rift + Elite Dangerous = Heaven.

Top Bottom