PAX East '13 Roll Call

PAX is 61 days away at this point, I thought I might as well try to revive the forums.

Did anyone actually get tickets for this thing?

Going
destoo
Dukefrukem
Ink Asylum
Sl1pstream
Thanasimos

Last edited:

destoo

Colonist
I bought tickets but being in Canada, I will need to pick them up at the Center.
I also applied for a press pass and heard back from them on friday (they acknowledged receiving our inscription)

Again, we'll go with the plan of booking an hotel in Salem (at 60$/night), leaving Montreal Thursday at midnight, sleep an hour or two at the hotel to show up friday morning.

Dukefrukem

Awesomeness
I've got a 3 day pass as usual.

Also, this is kind of last minute... but I am actually going to be in Cali at the beginning of the week for work and I'm taking a red eye Thursday night arriving Friday morning. I tried last minute to see if there were any rooms available at the Hilton attached to the convention center.

Is anyone staying there? And possibly has an extra bed for me to crash in during the day?

Just throwing it out there. I'd continue to the rate obviously.

PathMaster

My life for Aiur!
I think so, the first year I went it was in a different location and better for me personally. New location not so much. Not going this year though, so no big deal.

Ink Asylum

The cavalry's here!
The very first PAX East (2010) was in a different convention center, the John B. Hynes Veterans Memorial Convention Center.

The best part about the BCEC, to me, was that it's just a ten minute walk from South Station.

Last edited by a moderator:
The lodging was easier, the building itself wasn't so much. This will be my first time at the BCEC, but from what I've heard it's a massive improvement.

Hotels seem to be mostly full, though it's probably still possible to find a room outside of the discounted PAX block. You'll probably have to book the hotels directly instead of using the PAX site. You could try the Penny-Arcade forums, there might still be some spots left in other people's rooms. Judging by the amount of people that are going on this site, it might be easier to find a room there.

Dukefrukem

Awesomeness
Meh, I'd rather shack up with a CoGer than a PAXer if that makes any sense.

I'll deal with the red eye I guess. Fuckin business trips fuck everything up.

PathMaster

My life for Aiur!
I had far better luck when I went booking a room myself. It ended up being cheaper than the PAX rate, but in the same hotel, but just a few floors away from the convention center inside entrance.

Meh, I'd rather shack up with a CoGer than a PAXer if that makes any sense.

I'll deal with the red eye I guess. Fuckin business trips fuck everything up.
It makes total sense. But it might be worth looking into as a cheaper option than getting a room all by yourself if you can't find someone on here. :)

I leave tomorrow morning! This year I'm at a booth in the expo hall instead of a normal free range person, so I'm a little nervous. Come by and say Hi though! I'm in booth 191 with my game Legend of Dungeon

Thanasimos

The Flattest Fish
I'll be dropping in tomorrow. I'll keep my eyes open for cog shirts (?)

I will not be wearing one (I have no such thing), so instead I'll wear a lumberjack shirt and a (fake) fur vest because I can't think of anything more fun to wear to a gaming convention.

Xerxes

ONE FUCKING BOX
Can one of you guys stop by the astro booth and ask if they are going to have coupons? I bought mines in 2008. It's getting a tad annoying. I know what cable I need to replace but I'm ready to start fresh again. (I actually might have the cable cause I recall buying extras cause monoprice is cheap.)

destoo

Colonist
Again an awesome pax.
We walked thirty minutes to get to the Bethesda party only to be in the back of yet another lineup. It was apparently good, but not awesomely so.
They gave each attendant a pouch of 20 septims. Beers cost two septims each, not sure about food, and there were gambling tables where you could win big. Major prizes were a couple of thousand septims each, like a real Soulgem!

We did have awesome times, met a lot of great devs and stuff.

I didn't meed many coggers (Only you Kitty!)

Psykoboy2

Enigma Of The Mystical
I really hope some of you exclusive east coasters will give the west coast a try. The more the merrier, plus, things like this happen out of nowhere:

Xerxes

ONE FUCKING BOX
Holy crap. Named shirts!?

Didn't the last Pax Prime sell out like *snap* and very few people made it?

Psykoboy2

Enigma Of The Mystical
Holy crap. Named shirts!?

Didn't the last Pax Prime sell out like *snap* and very few people made it?
Yeah, that was from 2011. The one in 2012 really hurt cause of the ticket problems. And, as I understand things, it will be just as tough this year to get them.

Psykoboy2

Enigma Of The Mystical
Will you be covering the airfare and hotel costs? :) If so, count me in!
I would if I could really. It's a lot of fun and I always hate missing out on meeting people who either go to the Boston one or aren't able to go at all. I've been to both, and while I haven't been back to Boston since they moved the location of the show, I still prefer to stay with Seattle given the choice.

Ink Asylum

The cavalry's here!
Hopefully in another decade or so we'll have virtual conventions where none of us haveto leave our homes to attend. :D

Ink Asylum

The cavalry's here!
I have friends in Boston that I crash with. I haven't had to pay for a hotel for any of the 4 PAX Easts. Travel costs are minimal. Typically I've taken the bus ($30-60 round trip), but this year my brother drove us up, so we just paid for gas and parking, split 3 ways.

Dukefrukem

Awesomeness
I really hope some of you exclusive east coasters will give the west coast a try. The more the merrier, plus, things like this happen out of nowhere:
It will never be worth it with PAXEast in my hometown.

Even though this year's was the absolute busiest I've seen it, it was also the weakest since it's come to Boston.

Top Bottom