Okami is out on steam go get it!

Exodus

Bully Hunter
I liked Okami fine. Not sure exactly why it gets the over the top love it does.
Unique game play, fun story and solid mechanics that had execution requirements that you only really get from Dmc/Bayo/Streetfighter games. They just put it in an adventure game. Unique main character because there's this statistic that the masses don't take to non-human characters so it doesn't surprise me you're not that into it but hey whatever I'm weird.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
it doesn't surprise me you're not that into it but hey whatever I'm weird.
I mean, I've got nothing against it. I thought it was great. It just wasn't one of my favorites, or anything. I'm struggling to remember a ton about it besides the painting mechanics and the combat.

Grifter

The Witchiest
Unique game play, fun story and solid mechanics that had execution requirements that you only really get from Dmc/Bayo/Streetfighter games. They just put it in an adventure game. Unique main character because there's this statistic that the masses don't take to non-human characters so it doesn't surprise me you're not that into it but hey whatever I'm weird.
...Or, god forbid, he and it seems many others just have different opinions than you. Is there a reason why you seem to get all weird and mildly defensive every time someone posts who doesn't share your opinion on something?

Exodus

Bully Hunter
...Or, god forbid, he and it seems many others just have different opinions than you. Is there a reason why you seem to get all weird and mildly defensive every time someone posts who doesn't share your opinion on something?
I'm not offended different strokes. Why are you offended?

Or are you just offended that easily? I mean that wasn't meant as an insult because it is the norm. It might not even be the reason he doesn't think much of it. It's just hard for people to relate to a character that isn't human(similar) to themselves.

Last edited by a moderator:

Wolvie

AKA JayBob
Never played this honestly. It came out back when I was still dirt poor. So now maybe I'll give it a go at some point, now that it's easily accessible.

I loved it, felt very magical. It was also, IIRC, very emotionally engaging, something rare in games these days (for me at least). Haven't played it since it came out, so that could be nostalgia. But I remember loving it at the time.

I'm sorry I brought up the argument. Like I said, I like a lot of the game (especially Ammy) but I just didn't really like the gameplay.
I think you're entitled to your opinion. I was just offering my recollections, not as a counter to or support of any position. I genuinely have great memories of the game, but dig that others don't. I can't see the point of sports/driving games, but I see their appeal and am glad some support them.

That said, Keck is always wrong, so consider my comments a counter to his.* ;)

*You know I love you, ya big galoot.

Worldcrafter

Cunning Stunt Bonus
I'm actually curious about how this works with a normal controller, having played the Wii version.
I've only played on the PS2, so my memory is foggy, but I believe you press/hold a button to bring up the drawing screen (which pauses the action), then use a joystick to paint. I believe you had a limited amount of time/ink to commit your drawing before normal play resumed.

How did it work on the Wii?

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I've only played on the PS2, so my memory is foggy, but I believe you press/hold a button to bring up the drawing screen (which pauses the action), then use a joystick to paint. I believe you had a limited amount of time/ink to commit your drawing before normal play resumed.

How did it work on the Wii?
I mean, similar. I guess I mostly mean, I found that the Wii pointer was particularly good at that kind of interaction. Was it not difficult to draw the stuff with a controller joystick?

Worldcrafter

Cunning Stunt Bonus
Not really. Most (especially the most common ones) were a combination of circles and lines, which are pretty easy to do with a joystick. That said, I'm sure they'd be easier with a Wii pointer or mouse.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
It's nice to see an HD re-release priced reasonably at $20 instead of $60. I picked up a new copy of the Wii version along with the sequel early last year but haven't played them yet. I was planning on getting to them relatively soon, though it will be tempting to play the original on Steam instead of the Wii.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
Capcom announced several Switch releases for next year, so it wouldn't surprise me if they released Okami too.

It would be great if they did a double pack with Okamiden.

Top Bottom