MarioKart 8

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Tonight? Who wants to play tonight? Or would tomorrow be better, because it's almost tonight?

I forgot Wednesday was Valentines. Better not do that.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
We established "all is fair in MK" rules last night, so it is fair. Even if it made me cry a little.

I was out drinking with a buddy before we played, next time I am coming in with a clear(ish) head and you guys are in trouble. Maybe.

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
Ah, I love the trash talking. But for real, it was fun. Even the rounds I won, you guys were right on my tail.

And hearing Keck get upset and decidedly NOT curse is a fun experience. Never heard a man say, in anger, "God BLESS it!" It threw me quite off.

Also, you both saw how bad I am at 200cc. That is a rough mode for me.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
I almost certainly did say it. Though I curse profusely, I did pick up the habit of saying "God Bless" from a buddy a few years back. I did hear Keck get all the way through a "mother" and braced myself for impact.

I am a trash talker, I try to keep it light and fun but I just can't help myself. I think it is fun, and I knew I was in good company with you guys and your regular snark here on the forums.

It was tons of fun though, looking forward to the next round. Calling out interpops Santa and Mags, your honor is on the line, will you face us in the field of battle and defend your legacy?

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
Oh, it was YOU! My bad, white people all sound the same to me.

FWIW I was intentionally trying to curb my swearing as well. I'm normally quite vile.

I agree, Santa, mags - you gotta show up and defend your honor at some point.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Of course, Dav has heard me a bit from Overwatch days. I gotta say, I really prefer open mic to push-to-talk. People put you on blast in most games for not using push, but I find that it just encourages me to keep most of my comments to myself.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
I don't talk at all unless it is necessary to the game with push to talk. With strangers, fine, if that is the way it is done I will do it. However, friends get subjected to my inarticulate nonsense.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I don't talk at all unless it is necessary to the game with push to talk. With strangers, fine, if that is the way it is done I will do it. However, friends get subjected to my inarticulate nonsense.
I'm just talking about with CoG folks. In a PC game, it's doable. For MarioKart it would be out of the question.
Same, I just keep it open. Leads to a lot of people hearing me go "oooOOHH!" or "nononO" in Overwatch, but so far no real complaints.
I was getting complaints about feedback, or ambient noise, or some such.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Oh, you flatter me! You guys are definitely better than I am, I am just good enough to get lucky from time to time.
Dude, I won ONE time. And came in third all but, like, twice. You're confusing my Wii days with this game. ;)

I was meaning to ask, though, do you guys have a certain setup you use? Should I be using the same? I really have no idea how these dozens of vehicles and tires stack up to each other.

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
I haven't come across any obviously better setups. I'm set up for good handling and okay speed and acceleration, but my weight and traction are low. On dirt tracks I can definitely feel the lack of grip and it hurts me.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
Ah yes, the bob-omb round. ;)

I think it is pretty balanced/cosmetic differences, but not sure. I have always used the same character and kart but for no specific reason outside of aesthetics.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
It was tons of fun though, looking forward to the next round. Calling out interpops Santa and Mags, your honor is on the line, will you face us in the field of battle and defend your legacy?
I wish COG had a way to tag people in posts. Luckily I was bored and decided to click on this thread.

Also, Interpops? Am I really that much older than you? :p

So I know you guys use Discord on your phones - do you have them on speakerphone then?

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I wish COG had a way to tag people in posts. Luckily I was bored and decided to click on this thread.

Also, Interpops? Am I really that much older than you? :p

So I know you guys use Discord on your phones - do you have them on speakerphone then?
I think just Santa is interpops. ;)

I used earphones with a mic attached. The ones that came with my iPhone back in the day.

Young Al Capone

Part of the problem
Santa is my long lost internet father, but you could be intershmitty with those few months your have on me! What are you, like, 34!

I use it on both my pc and and phone with a headset.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
Hmm, okay, good to know. Both of my headsets are USB, so I can't use them on my phone, unfortunately. I could just use it on my PC, but my TV is also my monitor now so I'd have to set it up and then switch inputs, which should work just fine. I'll figure something out when I'm able to join you guys. :)

Santa is my long lost internet father, but you could be intershmitty with those few months your have on me! What are you, like, 34!
Not for another 2.5 months, you jerk! :p

Bone

Terribad at game
I breezed through the 50 and 100 cc cups, getting 3-stars on my first tries, but man, I need a new kart setup for 150 cc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
Oh, it's partially luck once you get up there.

For what it's worth, there's almost nothing unlocked for clearing the cups in solo mode. You have all the characters and courses from the jump, I think you only get a couple skins or something.

Bone

Terribad at game
Beyond just doing it to regain the old skills, it's the vehicle options in solo mode I'm trying to get - do those even apply to multiplayer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Top Bottom