End of an Era

AntonThaGreat

I am the law!
In regards to reddit:

I think a subreddit would be cool. Idk. Seems fairly close to a forum.
There already is a colonyofgamers subreddit. It's super old and hasn't been touched. I snatched up r/cogonreddit if we want to use that.
So, two or three years ago when I stopped visiting CoG in favor of Reddit, I created reddit.com/r/ColonyOfGamers in anticipation of this forum eventually going down and a need for community members wanting to keep in touch on a more modern platform.

Reddit user /u/StokeYdral brought this up on reddit with me and linked me here.

It's another place to keep in touch besides Discord, which not everyone likes to use. I'm currently mod there and any mod that wants to continue moderating the community I will also add there. Just let me know. Also, if anyone else wants to give a hand to moderating the subreddit, let me know. If your reddit username is different from your CoG forum username, you should also change your flair on the subreddit to your CoG forum name to clear up any confusion.

I would also recommend that you maybe crosspost anything you would post the CoG's news or events or whatever to the /r/ColonyOfGamers subreddit.

Dav Slinker

Oh, and hey, by the way
Yeah, there are already some folks over on the CogOnReddit subreddit. We're not super active yet, as we're mostly waiting for this lose to be gone before we make it our primary port of call.

I'll probably run the Secret Santa from reddit this year, but I will later put up a thread with a link to that thread.

Also considering doing a "noob's guide to reddit" for the occasional few of our members who don't understand how things work over there. Basic stuff like subscriptions and formatting for bold, etc.

Handmade.Mercury

Aplan Architect
Dang, I can't say I'm surprised, but it's still sad since this place was a major part of my life for a number of years. I was fresh out of high school when I found this place and CoG played a big part in me getting into PC gaming and coming here was part of my daily routine in college. I became gaming buddies with a number of you and confided in a couple, and I'll miss you guys. I've been in the Discord since it started, but regrettably don't really go in there and read anything. I'll have to poke my head in there more often

Last edited:

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
I saw this thread when I logged in a few weeks ago, along with the announcement at the top of the page. I was saddened but not surprised. This community has been an important part of my life for over half of the time I've been alive, nearly 20 years at this point barring a fairly recent ~2 year hiatus. I first joined Evil Avatar sometime around 2000, and in the time since I have made many friends in this community. Just last fall my boyfriend and I visited two of those longtime friends in California, and over the years I have met many of you in person and chatted and gamed with many, many more. I'm sad to see the site go, but I hope that the community will live on via other platforms for many years to come. Thank you to everyone who has made this community such a special place, and a huge thanks to the admins and mods who kept it running for so long.

Ink Asylum

The cavalry's here!
Huh. I'm glad I checked in before it all went kaput.

This is the only real gaming community online I've been a part of since it was on EvAv, aside from a WoW guild for a few years, so I'm sad to see it go. I've been meaning to get more active in the discord and this looks like a good time to do it.

FYI, for those who aren't aware, I'm QuantumFeline over there.

Top Bottom