Elder scrolls online?

Ravenlock

Thx for the scarf, Sadie!
I'll pick it up at some point when the price of the base game drops - right now I don't feel like I have $60 to drop on an MMO, even a Guild Wars style one without a monthly fee.

I'm curious about it, though, and I want to check it out when the price of entry is lower.

Wolvie

AKA JayBob
Lvl 8, pretty solid game. I've come across two fights that are tough as hell so far. I may need to level some more...

Ravenlock

I caved. Because of course I did.

I really enjoy the intro sequence, maybe because it isn't as hand-holdy as most of the MMOs I've played lately. Like, eventually I want to be a sneaky bow guy, but so far I haven't even seen a bow. I saw a guy who could sell me a bow, but he wanted way more money than I have or know how to make. :p It's kind of nice to be making do with what I have (which is a pretty decent mace, at this point) and looking forward to customizing where I can. I'm already hoarding my skillpoints, which feels right for Elder Scrolls.

Ravenlock80 is me. I'll add you, Mal. I'm playing a Wood Elf Nightblade, though I dunno how race impacts whether we can play together, if at all, yet.

Ravenlock

Got up to level 6 last night - found a bow finally, early in the play session, and starting allocating skill points and leveling that up. I've found that Bow skills for long range combines really well with Shadow and Assassinate skills at short range - I can poison a mob at range, and then vanish as they close in and hit them with a ton of "backstab" damage from shadow, after which it's usually easy to finish them off.

I'm finding the quests to alternate between compelling and super mundane - there's a lot of "run here, wait, fight a guy" ones that are pretty dull, but even those are decently supported by story bits, and there are no "collect X of Y" quests yet, so that's nice. I like that they've carried over the Elder Scrolls tradition of having tons of unnecessary but well fleshed out written fiction all over the world, books and notes and things you never need but are there to add flavor.

I feel like maybe I messed up right out of the gate by doing what I was told, which is a little frustrating - after the soul prison, I woke up on a ship in a harbor and "The Prophet" told me to go talk to somebody, and they took me to another island entirely, and I haven't figured out how to (or if I even can) go back to that harbor, which seemed to have a lot of stuff in it that maybe I would have wanted to check out. (And maybe entry level gear, which would have made sense even if I did like the "make do with what you have" part of my experience.) But oh well. I'm still having a good time.

(EDIT: Well, that got solved, I had woken up in Auridon, and yes, I did eventually get taken back there by the story.)

I wish they clearly labeled shops, though. Going up to each person near a tent to find out whether they'll sell me something is "realistic" but also a bit wearisome.

Last edited by a moderator:
Top Bottom