Dota 2 Party Night?

DoctorFinger

Editor in Chief
Anyone else interested in a Dota 2 party night? I really enjoy the game when I have non-brain damaged teammates. I figure we could get a group together & have a go. Say, Wednesday nights?

Mashidar

Vision Center Manager
Problem is that I'm REALLY, REALLY, bad at DOTA 2. I want to like it, I really do. But I'm just horrid at it. Even against super easy bots I'm still horrible. :D

BLeeP

Damn Good Pie
Problem is that I'm REALLY, REALLY, bad at DOTA 2. I want to like it, I really do. But I'm just horrid at it. Even against super easy bots I'm still horrible. :D
This^ I love the comparably easy going nature of League, but I just feel like I have to keep track of way too much in Dota 2. I really want to get into it, but it just seems beyond me :(.

Ten19

Polyhedral Gyre
Count me in, even though I too am not that great at Dota 2 yet. I'm passable with Lich though! I'd be free on Wednesdays past 9:30 or so.

Airosh

Colonist
I'd be willing to play, with anyone and at anytime. I enjoy the game reasonably enough, but playing solo only provides so much enjoyment. Playing with people you know (even if it is only slightly from a forum) is much more enjoyable.

DoctorFinger

Editor in Chief
Mashidar, Bleep I think playing with a group who will actually give you help instead of just swearing at you in Russian will help you get better.

Ok, so we'll have a go this Wednesday.

Libuke

Elephant Bug
I'd be done for it. I'd also play with people pretty much anytime I am on. I don't think I have you on steam Dr. I 'll go add you through the group.

DoctorFinger

Editor in Chief
So I'll have a private room ready to go. The username will be 'CoG' and the password - if any - will be 'magicpc' . If we get more than 5 but less than 10 I'll either open it up to pubbies or use bots to fill out the teams.

Ten19

Polyhedral Gyre
Good games tonight! I found out I really am not ready for Wisp, but seem to have found a nice match with Rubick.

Let's try and keep the combo rolling by getting even more to show next week :D

Libuke

Elephant Bug
I'd play if I knew some people that'd teach me the basics instead of sending me hate mail for sucking ass... \SlyNod
Well if we get enough people we can easily just play a private lobby with COGers on both sides with some bots to fill in if needed. That should be a good learning environment. You might not play well for the first couple games but you won't have people yelling at you.

Ten19

Polyhedral Gyre
I'd play if I knew some people that'd teach me the basics instead of sending me hate mail for sucking ass... \SlyNod
If you're playing with all CoGs, I'd say there's a little to no chance of anyone sending you hate mail for not being good. None of us are trying to be professional players, it's more for fun. Granted we're going to try and communicate and coordinate as much as possible, no one's going to get mad because you're not super fucking awesome. :)

So we'll see you Wednesday?

Libuke

Elephant Bug
Sorry I ignored your invite Lint. Long day at work and didn't feel like playing. I like to try hard when I play. Just sitting here watching stuff instead.

Lint of Death

Dustbunny of Doom
Sorry I ignored your invite Lint. Long day at work and didn't feel like playing. I like to try hard when I play. Just sitting here watching stuff instead.
It's OK, we still ended up getting a team of 4/5 together. We even won a couple! Airosh filled in as our team expert in your stead. That guy is about as nuts in Dota 2 as he is in TF2! Batrider was a great fit for one game, but the next one he ran around assassinating people as fucking Disruptor :eek: 3 or 4 of us went random that match and we still got a hard-earned win out of it.

Hopefully you can make it next time or somewhere in between.

DoctorFinger

Editor in Chief
You have to have an invite. There was a way to apply for one earlier, but I'm not sure those are still being accepted. Now you can buy one for a pretty extreme sum of $30. It's probably going to go open sometime later this year, but it's Valve so who knows.

Zecon

Colonist
Well I'm a rookie at LoL, and I appreciate the offer, but I can't guarantee how much play time I will have with it.
But I really do you want to try it.

I'd be down for this.

Zecon, if you do want to get in now, invites sell for 2 or 3 keys ($5-$7.50), would need to have someone with Dota buy them and do the trade for you though.

Last edited by a moderator:

DoctorFinger

Editor in Chief
I just had the most epic loss in Dota 2 history. By the 4th minute, all 4 of my teammates had DC'd. But I didn't want to quite too. So I kept playing. And kicked ass.

Most of the game was 1v5, although one enemy DC'd for a couple minutes there. At the end I was about 18/5 I think, with 6 beastly artifacts. At one point I had about 7000 gold, I just couldn't get anything better. When I finally lost even the other Ancient was about 1/3 dead, and that was only because they finally killed me twice towards the end.

It was one of the most entertaining matches ever. I was running around ganking two enemies at once, turning invis and then ganking the guy who came after. They kept sending out the inactive hero, who only took about 3 hits to kill.

I really think that if i'd hit a proper silence on Slardar at the end I would have won.

bgizle

Colonist
I recently got into Dota for the first time and am finally understanding how to really play. Man it's addicting....

Top Bottom