Cereal conundrum

You grab some cereal and go to add milk but discover the dispenser is empty...

• I put water in the cereal

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • I put soda in the cereal

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
For some reason, I find the idea of drinking animal milk gross. Don't know why. But I will eat cheese, ice cream, etc (red meat I rarely eat). I know there's a fallacy in logic there, I can't deny that. It just tastes weird.
Milk is my absolute favorite drink. I mean, things like milkshakes, rootbeer floats, fruit smoothies, etc. probably taste better, but just as a standard drink that I would consume regularly, I'm all about the milk.
Except when I'm in Mexico. For some reason, I love the milk down there.

EDIT: Keck, this place is near me. The missus hates it, but I think it's funny. The cereal is more heavily pushed in-store than it appears on their website.
Oh interesting. I thought it was more just actually eating bowls of cereal. Not sure about their selections, though. A lot of cinnamon toast crunch in there, which I'm not a fan of. And coconut flakes. I'd probably try The 80.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Ok, I'm doing this. Ranking all the cereals from their choices:

Cocoa Krispies - love
Cocoa Puffs - love
Cap’n Crunch Berry - love
Cap’n Crunch - rarely had without berries, but would still love
Apple Jacks - love
Rice Krispies Treats - haven't had much or in a very very long time, but I recall them being good
Corn Pops - these are solid
Frosted Flakes - also solid
Honey Nut Cheerios - also solid
Honey Bunches of Oats - pretty good, theoretically a bit healthier??
Cookie Crisp - Have I even had these?
Special K - This is my go to at work, but not for taste
French Toast Crunch - Have I had this? I assume it's ok
Reese’s Puffs - Not sure on this either
Cinnamon Toast Crunch - Always bugged me for some reason
Cheerios - Too plain
Rice Krispies - Also too plain
Kix - Ditto
Corn Flakes - Super ditto
Honey Smacks - I recall not liking these much
Lucky Charms - Never been a fan
Froot Loops - Would actively avoid
Fruity Pebbles - same

Last edited:
Ok, I'm doing this. Ranking all the cereals from their choices:
Interesting. My order (I'm not one for the sweet cereals):

Honey Nut Cheerios
Cheerios
Kix
Corn Pops
Honey Bunches of Oats
Honey Smacks
Corn Flakes
Rice Krispies
Frosted Flakes
Froot Loops
Cap’n Crunch
Cap’n Crunch Berry
Special K

The rest go in any order, as I wouldn't eat them unless I had no other choice (i.e. trapped in a room with no other food):

Cocoa Krispies
Cocoa Puffs
Apple Jacks
Rice Krispies Treats
Cookie Crisp
French Toast Crunch
Reese’s Puffs
Cinnamon Toast Crunch
Lucky Charms
Fruity Pebbles

Okay, I've got a paper due in an hour. I need to get out of here!

Purple Santa

keeper of the day and end
For some reason, I find the idea of drinking animal milk gross. Don't know why. But I will eat cheese, ice cream, etc (red meat I rarely eat). I know there's a fallacy in logic there, I can't deny that. It just tastes weird.

Except when I'm in Mexico. For some reason, I love the milk down there.

EDIT: Keck, this place is near me. The missus hates it, but I think it's funny. The cereal is more heavily pushed in-store than it appears on their website.
Pasteurization most likely is the reason. I remember reading and/or watching something on the process and how it changes the taste of the milk. It was also mentioned it was a process that is no longer needed, but I can't remember the reason they stated this.

I want to work in a place where they give away food. I've worked in non-profit for so long, I don't know what job perks are.

If this happened to me, I'd create a distraction then when someone with cereal isn't looking, take their bowl and give them the dry cereal. At this point it's about getting fed, doesn't matter about what cereal it is ;)
We get free bagels on Wednesdays, which is nice. And since our attorneys often have big lunch meetings there's often leftovers, but from talking to my friends that work in a place where they have a cafeteria, I really want one of those.

Milk is my absolute favorite drink. I mean, things like milkshakes, rootbeer floats, fruit smoothies, etc. probably taste better, but just as a standard drink that I would consume regularly, I'm all about the milk.
Ewww. My dad drinks milk with his dinner pretty often, and made me drink it as a kid, but I almost never drink it. I consume a ton of dairy in cheese and ice cream form, but drinking milk plain is gross. Give me a cold glass of filtered water any day of the week. I enjoy different sodas and teas, but far and away my beverage of choice is cold water. I go through at least a gallon of it per day.

jpublic

Threadslayer
Favorite cereals in no particular order:
Alpen
Rice Krispies (I prefer plain, but I don't mind chocolate, vanilla, etc)
Raisin Bran
Cheerios (any kind, I particularly like regular and chocolate)
Frosted Mini Wheats

VerseD

Wyrd bið ful aræd
For anyone living in Japan, the best cereal is Calbee's Furugura (fruits granola = furutsu guranora = furugura). With super sour yogurt, of course.

In the US, I love Honey Bunches of Oats, Frosted Miniwheats, and Wheat Chex. Very few mentions of the latter two!

Purple Santa

Maybe it is because I haven't shopped in a real grocery store in years, I haven't seen Wheat Chex. I didn't think they made it anymore but that's obviously incorrect.

MagGnome

Le nain de jardin
I would probably eat the cereal dry, although I probably wouldn't get frosted Mini Wheats. I used to like it somewhat as a kid, but it's not something I would buy now.

I eat cereal most days for breakfast. I've tried switching over the healthier options in the past, but that never lasts more than a month or two before I switch back. I was on a yogurt and granola kick for a while, but that was rather expensive, and twice I accidentally bought nonfat yogurt, the taste of which will haunt me for years. No amount of honey can make that stuff palatable. For quite a while I did toast with peanut butter, which is a good substitute. My cereal of choice lately has been Cheerios Protein.

From time to time if I want to make a fancier breakfast I'll usually do pancakes with peanut butter, and maybe sausage as well. I found this great high-protein dark chocolate pancake mix at Target that is really tasty, although before I got lazy I would just make my own batter. I've never cared for eggs, so I avoid them like the plague.

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
Why is it shocking? I've never particularly liked eggs. It doesn't help that I had to eat them often as a kid, blech. I do like deviled eggs though, which is weird. Fried, scrambled, baked, poached, hardboiled, in a omelette, etc. though? No thank you.
Because eggs are delicious and not liking them is bizarre. :p

Purple Santa

Because eggs are delicious and not liking them is bizarre. :p
I am liking this cause I am bizarre too. I never really liked eggs much. More than Mags probably since I would eat them, but I gave them up easily enough. When eggs are used in cooking/baking, I don't mind but I don't much baked goods so I am not eating that many eggs if at all. Maybe you need a poll about eggs :D

TheKeck

FORTY POSTS PER PAGE!
I am liking this cause I am bizarre too. I never really liked eggs much. More than Mags probably since I would eat them, but I gave them up easily enough. When eggs are used in cooking/baking, I don't mind but I don't much baked goods so I am not eating that many eggs if at all. Maybe you need a poll about eggs :D
Don't tempt me! :D

Xerxes

ONE FUCKING BOX
I live in NYC. A bodega is always just a block away. I walk to get me some (almond) milk.
Unsweetened Almond Milk for the win. Depending on my lazy levels and the type of cereal. I normally keep a extra carton in the hole because they last so long. If I must I'd run to the store for something like flakes. But these Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cheerios I could just snack on as is.