welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 01-08-2018, 07:14 AM   #1
Purple Santa
keeper of the day and end

WeekDAY Gaming (01.08.18) - What are YOU still playing?

Yes, it is that time again.

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:05 AM   #2
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
So much Zelda. Finished a dungeon. Exploring more and more.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 08:08 AM   #3
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

Finally got to play Skyrim on the Switch over the weekend. It's astonishing how well it plays on that lil tablet. Probably will be playing that before bed for the foreseeable future. With Planet Coaster taking up some of the afternoon/evening.

PSN: Wolvie619

Steam: Wolvie619
Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:26 AM   #4
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I didn't do much gaming last week, unfortunately. Too busy with a work conference and other things. Also spent too much money going out to eat over the weekend, so I'm going to do my best to be a hermit for most of January.

Gaming-wise I'm looking forward to diving back into Xenoblade Chronicles 2 as well as one of the games I picked up on Steam during the winter sale. Possibly something else on Switch as well, or maybe even the weird Wii U game I picked up with some leftover Nintendo reward points.

For awhile now I've been thinking about moving my desktop into my bedroom and hooking it up to my TV. I may finally give that a go in the next couple of days.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 09:31 AM   #5
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

It was a busy weekend with the kids, I didn't get in nearly as much gaming as I thought I would. There's nothing special going on this week, thankfully, so it's just another week. Gaming will be:

Tokyo Xanadu Pretty much all I played over the weekend. I think I'm getting close to the end of Chapter 7 (out of 8), so I'm getting close. The story is definitely picking up now.

Torment: Tides of Numanera I didn't play at all over the weekend, I need to get back to that. I'm only a whopping 20 minutes or so in.

With TX almost done it's probably time to start thinking about what I'll play next. I'm probably going to jump into Trails of The Sky SC, after finishing the first last year I really want to see where that story goes after the cliff hanger ending.
Old 01-08-2018, 10:20 AM   #6
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Didn't play a whole lot over the weekend, mostly just bits and pieces of Xenoblade Chronicles 2. I did put Zelda: Breath of the Wild in the console but lost interest in it again before I actually started the software if that counts. Still looking for more things to play on the Switch. I'd hoped the Nindies New Year sale might have something but that's a negative.

The winter anime season just started though so I have plenty of stuff to watch while I decide what series I'll be following this season. It already looks better than most seasons last year so at least the year is starting off right.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 11:12 AM   #7
Ravenlock
Thx for the scarf, Sadie!

I got back into Warframe for a few hours? That was weird and unexpected, but that game is still really good!
Listen to me rant on the Immortal Machines PC Gaming Podcast!
I also run Erratic Gamer, and sometimes write about games there.
Ravenlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #8
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

I'm still enjoying Star Wars Galaxy of Heroes. I finished the Galactic War thing I unlocked on my second try and got pretty good rewards for it, so hopefully I can keep doing well in that. I think I climbed as high as I can in the arena for now since I seem to have stalled out, but I think I can stay in the top 500 at least while I work on building my Phoenix team. Switching guilds was a good idea since this new one is pretty active, and I'm able to just tag some of the raid content to get rewards. The leader is an alt char, but I think he's bringing his main account into the guild to solo some of the higher stuff, so that should work out even better. I just need to get a character to a high enough star level to enter the raid.

I didn't get a chance to play Assassin's Creed Origins yesterday, but I hope to be able to play a lot this week. I just need to make it to Alexandria and then figure out what to do from there. I still have a few things to finish first, and I keep stumbling across more stuff I want to do.

I also want to try to play some more Fortnite and maybe try to get a little better. At least I should start trying to build stuff in it more often.

It's interesting seeing people mention Warframe lately. I didn't play much, but I used to log in for my daily stuff to collect it for later. Now I kinda wish I had kept doing that. I'm not sure the last time I actually played. Maybe it was on my old computer which could barely run the game. This one isn't much better though. I should definitely look into getting a new computer this year.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:06 PM   #9
Zagrash
3 ducks in a man suit

It's been long enough that everybody has likely forgotten, but my interview with Joe Perry should be going live pretty soon.

In the meantime, this just happened 😁

https://twitter.com/Zagrash/status/950443187264344064
Zagrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:17 PM   #10
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagrash View Post
It's been long enough that everybody has likely forgotten, but my interview with Joe Perry should be going live pretty soon.

I remember you talking about it, but I thought it came out a while ago. I didn't realize that you had to wait so long.

Congrats.
Old 01-08-2018, 01:28 PM   #11
pomeroy
wtf

Just waiting in an airport. Played some Switch with the wife, but time is still dragging ass.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:37 PM   #12
Zagrash
3 ducks in a man suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by EWolfmanD View Post
I remember you talking about it, but I thought it came out a while ago. I didn't realize that you had to wait so long.

Congrats.
Yeah, they kept pushing it back to coincide with the announcement for the products. Those have been announced, so now I'm just waiting on the final press release.
Zagrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 01:46 PM   #13
Purple Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
Finally got to play Skyrim on the Switch over the weekend. It's astonishing how well it plays on that lil tablet. Probably will be playing that before bed for the foreseeable future. With Planet Coaster taking up some of the afternoon/evening.
Someone was playing Skyrim at the group home, they asked if I ever finished the game. I explained I have never finished Oblivion nor Skyrim. I usually get lost in all the side quests then never get to the main stuff. I can't imagine playing on the Switch. I'd never finish the game again but it would suck me in way to much. You talking about the game has me thinking about it though unfortunately.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagrash View Post

We haven't forgotten. You aren't around enough for us to harass you

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 01-08-2018, 01:50 PM   #14
Purple Santa

My weekend went well. I didn't play as much as I had planned/hoped but I kept busy with errands and putting away Xmas stuff. That easily took up Saturday and Sunday was just relaxing catching up on some reading. I am still doing side stuff in AC Oranges, not ready to tackle the next target. Tonight I plan on splitting my time between AC Oranges and taking my switch to bed to play some Mario.

Old 01-08-2018, 03:59 PM   #15
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Someone was playing Skyrim at the group home, they asked if I ever finished the game. I explained I have never finished Oblivion nor Skyrim. I usually get lost in all the side quests then never get to the main stuff. I can't imagine playing on the Switch. I'd never finish the game again but it would suck me in way to much. You talking about the game has me thinking about it though unfortunately.
Honestly I've only ever beaten the main story quests once. And there is a whole expansion I never touched. Honestly I'll just be playing it for comfort food gaming. Just something relaxing before bed. Like reading a book or watching a video.

PSN: Wolvie619

Steam: Wolvie619
Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-08-2018, 06:32 PM   #16
Spigot
Turn Me

Fun day back at work. Not too many fires to put out but just enough that I'm beat tonight.

On the gaming front, I'm going to keep plugging away at Nier: Automata (just finished ending B & starting the next run) and probably some stuff on the Switch.

I'm also within spitting distance of finally cracking the 3000 barrier in Clash Royale after months of just spinning my wheels on the jungle arena. So close...
Old 01-09-2018, 08:43 AM   #17
Purple Santa

Well I've been on a hiatus for my exercise routine since before the New Year began. Between the weather and not feeling well (how long can mucus live in a chest cavity) its been some time but this morning I was raring to go despite the snow on the ground. I made it around the corner from my house, feeling great to finally be out and then all that positive feeling went away. I suddenly was sliding on ice that was not going to end. I had hoped the rain we had last night wouldn't freeze but it did. I made an attempt to keep going but i'm not ice skater. I barely can walk without walking into a wall. So back home I went, feeling dejected. The warmer temperatures hopefully will melt the snow and ice over the next couple of days. Well if I couldn't do something healthy for my physical being, I went for the emotional well being...

Played around with AC Oranges, hunted down more "?" and raided a few tombs. I was hoping to do some side quests but my time ran out. I have like 3 or 4 to do then I once again am out of stuff to do within my guideline of when to move on to a main quest target. I'm rather curious what happens after...well something. After those targets, i'll be about 50% done in the game and I have a ton of questions still about how this all connects to the present body snatching that is going on (in the game, not IRL. Aliens are the cause for the snatching IRL).

Old 01-09-2018, 08:53 AM   #18
Spigot
Turn Me

Got deep into the C run of Nier. I thought I'd finished it but nope. Seems that those credits were the opening credits for this run!
Old 01-09-2018, 11:16 AM   #19
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Spent my days off with Rocket League and Torchlight 2.

Picked up TL2 during one of the recent steam sales, so with my recent desire to actually play those games I started it up and I am liking it quite a bit so far.

Otherwise still making my way through Nier and playing Rocket League pretty often again.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 12:13 PM   #20
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I picked up a Fitbit yesterday and am really enjoying it so far. The sleep tracking is neat and it will hopefully motivate me not to sit around all winter.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote