welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 11-16-2017, 05:47 AM   #921
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

OK, I'm going to reset the mining world and change the config so that it doesn't have underground biomes. We'll see if the ore is still messed up there.

good news: new mining world has iron/coal veins like normal.
bad news: UBC blacklist didn't work so you still have all that rock variety.

Not really anything to be done with the overworld chunks stuffed with diamonds and lapis other than I guess enjoy the cheap diamonds and lapis. :P

update 2: UBC successfully disabled in mining world.

Last edited by RandoM51; 11-16-2017 at 06:27 AM.
RandoM51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 02:53 PM   #922
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoM51 View Post
OK, I'm going to reset the mining world and change the config so that it doesn't have underground biomes. We'll see if the ore is still messed up there.

good news: new mining world has iron/coal veins like normal.
bad news: UBC blacklist didn't work so you still have all that rock variety.

Not really anything to be done with the overworld chunks stuffed with diamonds and lapis other than I guess enjoy the cheap diamonds and lapis. :P

update 2: UBC successfully disabled in mining world.
Thank you! I wouldn't hate that random cobble so much if those jackass villagers of mine could recognize it as standard cobble.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2017, 04:06 PM   #923
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

well, with cheap diamonds everywhere you can just chisel a bunch of that every now and then for them.

One other thing I learned today is that fakeusers will not work inside a minecolonies colony, so if you want to use stuff like oh, say, RS destructor you'll need to do it outside of a colony if you have one. I ended up deleting mine. If anybody else needs their colony deleted let me know.
Old 01-07-2018, 11:14 AM   #924
Arphahat
AR-FA

Hey new year, new MC? Anyone still playing Simple Life? Any thoughts on different mod packs?
Old 01-07-2018, 10:50 PM   #925
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

I've been playing Divine Journey. It is a 1.7.10 "expert" pack, but the recipes aren't really that bad, at least compared to every other expert pack. HQM with 800 quests. I'm mostly trying it out because I haven't really run into Divine RPG before and wanted to check that mod out.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...divine-journey
Old 01-09-2018, 02:59 PM   #926
JPicasso
Colonist

Revelation is out, but it's a kitchen kink pack, no quests. I think they are still working on an expert mode pack.

I'd play a bit of Rev, or the latest 1.12 direwolf.
Is Divine Journey playable on a server?

I'd be cool with any.

Last edited by JPicasso; 01-09-2018 at 03:37 PM.
JPicasso is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-09-2018, 08:12 PM   #927
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Yeah, Divine Journey can go on a server. DivineRPG is an interesting mod. Adds a bunch of strange mobs. There's these spiders that look like pumpkins until you aggro them.

http://divine-rpg.wikia.com/wiki/Pumpkin_Spider

I think some of those mobs aren't following light level rules either, which makes things interesting. Another mob type are ender spiders. Just what everybody ask for, small teleporting spiders.

Last edited by RandoM51; 01-09-2018 at 08:15 PM.
Old 01-09-2018, 09:04 PM   #928
JPicasso
Colonist

Ah, looking through Divine. I think I played an early version of this a long time ago. 1.6.4 maybe? had some crazy lizards and sharks and whales, oh my! I say go for it. Looks like something different.
Old 01-10-2018, 10:11 AM   #929
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

If anybody still playing TSL2, speak now or forever hold your peace. Either way I'll keep a copy of the world handy for awhile, just in case.

Modpack: https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...divine-journey

I've added Iguana Tinker Tweaks to it, you will have to add it to your client.

https://minecraft.curseforge.com/pro...ojectID=223248

You'll have to make some manual changes to the config file for Iquana's. The file is ../config/IguanaTinkerTweaks/main.cfg

Make sure these lines are like this:

B:disableRegularTools=false

B:disableStoneTools=false

They're set to true by default. I'll attach the file as .txt if you want to just download it and change the extension to cfg.

Server will be ready in ~15m, just blowing away my test world and restarting it.

Trying to find a reasonably safe spawn, unlike this island:

https://imgur.com/a/2osl9
Attached Files
File Type: txt main.txt (14.5 KB, 3 views)

Last edited by RandoM51; 01-10-2018 at 11:30 AM.
Old 01-10-2018, 11:51 AM   #930
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

OK, server is up with nice seed, set the packmode to easy. Still expert recipe changes but the easy set instead of the ridiculous set.

NOTE: If you don't make those config changes to iguana's wooden tools won't work which will make the beginning very difficult.
Old 01-10-2018, 12:37 PM   #931
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

In that same config directory for Iguana's you want to replace the Modules.cfg with this one, or change it yourself. Attached as .txt instead of .cfg, change it or it won't work.

All this effort just so we can have tinker tool leveling and the ability to upgrade parts.

Is kind of strange that doing this server side isn't enough, has to be both server and client.
Attached Files
File Type: txt Modules.txt (1.1 KB, 5 views)
Old 01-10-2018, 01:36 PM   #932
johnperkins21
Colonist

I'll see about getting this set up on my HTPC tonight. I got a lap desk for my mouse/keyboard for Christmas just for this purpose, so it will be a great reason to try it out.
Old 01-12-2018, 11:04 PM   #933
johnperkins21
Colonist

Copied my Divine Journey folder and that worked. However I'm having a heck of a time getting my stuff and surviving long enough. Those little goblin things come out of nowhere. I've still never seen one but they've killed me like 3 times.
Old 01-13-2018, 04:57 AM   #934
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

The ones with the square plate hats can be seen on the ground, they pop out of it. Just watch for the bright green squares. They should also show red on journeymap.
Old 01-13-2018, 01:55 PM   #935
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

I'm gonna see if this will work on my laptop.

Also, a creeper got me near someone's field. I will try to rebuild it and provide any missing items, but I kind of was getting swarmed by those exact mobs mentioned above.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
Old 01-13-2018, 06:25 PM   #936
Vandabo
Guise srsly

Sounds like fun!
A. Yes.
Q. Let the record reflect that I am making little air quotes with my fingers around the word 'confession.'
Judge: So noted.
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Vandabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 07:13 AM   #937
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Pack updated to 1.5.6, don't forget Iguanatinkertweaks on your clients and the config changes.

Quote:
Version 1.5.6:
- Fixed only getting 2 Ichor instead of 8 when automating the Ichor recipe. I did this by adding a new item called "Ichor Bulb", which is the result of the Infusion recipe. Then you can craft that into 8 Ichor.
- Fixed the Nether Quartz / Pure Nether Quartz dupe issue when using Storage Drawers.
- The recipe for Wildwood Armor has been disabled as it could've been used as an exploit for regeneration for the purposes of Blood Magic.
- DivineRPG Eden, Wildwood, Apalachia, Skythern & Mortum blocks now take additional items to craft. I don't want to player to rush through all 5 dimensions at once.
- 9 Piles of Neutron can now be converted into a Neutronium Nugget.
- The Infinity Booster no longer requires a Nether Quartz Singularity, just a Diamond Lattice.
- Now you can correctly craft all the Thaumcraft Shard Seeds (not just Air Shard Seeds), now all of them require one simple additional item in the recipe, so the Infusion Altar doesn't get confused which one to craft.
- The Neutron Collector now requires no Infinity Catalyst (a Witchery Sun Collector instead), 2 less Fire Crystal Blocks but 1 more Air Crystal Block. Additionally, in easy mode, it requires nine times less Water & Fire Crystals. It's MUCH cheaper now.
- The Neutronium Compressor requires half as many Water & Fire Crystal blocks. Additionally, in easy mode, it requires nine times less Water & Fire Crystals.
- The Frozen Core (required for the Water Crystal) now only requires 1 Icy Core instead of 8.
- The Thermal Expansion Creative Energy Cell now only requires the Black Hole Rings instead of the Worldshaper's Looking Glasses, because those could crash the game in Singleplayer.
- ExtraTiC liquids can now be cast into ingots and blocks, and those ingots and blocks can be melted into liquids. This affects RedAurum, Dark Steel, Conductive Iron, Electrical Steel, Energetic Alloy, Redstone Alloy, Silicon, Soularium, Manasteel, Terrasteel, Elementium & VOID METAL.
- The Shovel of the Earthmoves now requires an additional Dirt Block, so the recipe doesn't conflict with the Shovel of the Purifier's recipe.
- There are new Tooltips on all MagicalCrops Seeds to explain how the Tiered crafting works.
- The Blood Altar has a Tooltip in Easy Mode to inform you to craft a Vibrant Capacitor Bank to unlock its quest.
- Nether Shards and Ender Shards have a Tooltip now to explain how to obtain them.
- Removed the Thaumcraft Shard Ore Dictionary to fix various bugs it caused.

Last edited by RandoM51; 01-14-2018 at 07:16 AM.
Old 01-14-2018, 09:34 AM   #938
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Runic Dungeon is pretty good source of loot/spawners early game, once you have good enough armor/weapons to survive it. You'll get lots of armor/weapons/gems/ingots. Can also find useful things like slime/endermen spawners.

Use the minimap to make sure you don't waste a dungeon key on a hallway instead of a connecting room otherwise you'll need a nether star to make a new key to progress.
Old 01-15-2018, 04:10 PM   #939
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

I seem to be having trouble getting a tinker's tool to mine obsidian. Did I mess up by making an Ardite pick? It seems to be stuck at "Redstone."
Old 01-15-2018, 04:39 PM   #940
Arphahat
AR-FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by evilgoodwin View Post
I seem to be having trouble getting a tinker's tool to mine obsidian. Did I mess up by making an Ardite pick? It seems to be stuck at "Redstone."
You need the cfg files that Random mentioned.