welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 11-04-2017, 01:11 PM   #901
Arphahat
AR-FA

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPicasso View Post
Wondering if we had an update recently? Vandabo and myself are missing some chests, and it looks like ore might have been regen'd. Diamonds and lapis on the surface, oh my!

It seemed fine earlier today, but around maybe 5-6pm things changed.
The other item to note is that the non-vanilla beds turned into blocks for Vandabo and me.
Old 11-04-2017, 01:44 PM   #902
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

No update. Sounds like maybe a chunk reset.

Was a server crash around 9pm on the 3rd. Not sure what timezone that box is in.

I have had my chests turn invis once. They were still there, just couldn't see them. Restarting the client fixed that.

I looked at two crashlogs on the server. Same crash type but the logs don't point at a specific mod so isn't a lot I can do without more information.

diamond and lapis on the surface wouldn't be a regen as they don't start there. world could be corrupted with some mismatched blockids. Only thing I can do in that case is restore from a backup.

Last edited by RandoM51; 11-04-2017 at 01:55 PM.
RandoM51 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 02:17 PM   #903
Vandabo
Guise srsly

I'd lose a fair bit of progress with a restore from backup, but I'm fine with it if that is what it takes to fix stuff. Don't know what all y'all want to do, but I'm ok with whatever you guys think is best.
A. Yes.
Q. Let the record reflect that I am making little air quotes with my fingers around the word 'confession.'
Judge: So noted.
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Vandabo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-04-2017, 07:12 PM   #904
JPicasso
Colonist

If it's a one-time hiccup we can just let it run its course. But I'm wondering if there is going to be trouble when this pack gets it's 2nd official 1.4 update.

either way.
Old 11-04-2017, 09:15 PM   #905
Vandabo
Guise srsly

So I've noticed that it seems like the lapis and diamonds on/near the surface issue is only in the chunks that were already generated whenever the glitch happened. The lapis seems to have replaced coal and diamond replaced iron. I flew a ways out and generated some new chunks, and didn't see any of that switching. I dug down and found coal and iron in the right places, and no odd lapis/diamonds.
A. Yes.
Q. Let the record reflect that I am making little air quotes with my fingers around the word 'confession.'
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Old 11-05-2017, 04:09 PM   #906
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

I saw on discord that new update coming soon and that the pack author is removing Agricraft, so don't spend a lot of time with that and/or prepare for all of it to evaporate if/when we update.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:46 PM   #907
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Hopefully soon. Can't seem to place cotton on a crop so I can't get hemp.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2017, 08:51 PM   #908
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Thanks to Vandabo lending me 3 steel rods he got from villagers (you can't make steel rods without a press, which you need steel rods to make. The regular recipe makes them into iron ones for no reason), I now have progressed to the Arc Furnace stage of IE.

Now to wait for 3 stacks of coal coke to finish so I can make an excavator to get back all of the iron I blew trying to get an excavator.

Wait...
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
Old 11-13-2017, 07:03 PM   #909
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Server files out for new version. Update now or wait?

EDIT: Updated. Check things out and let me know if I need to roll back. Did a brief examination of my village and everything appears normal. I'm done testing new Direwolf20 so I should be back on the server actually playing tomorrow.

Oh, another thing. If you're using Twitch as your launcher make sure you set it to use jar launcher instead of native and latest java version. If you don't it'll cause those IE manual crashes mentioned on the project page. Minecraft itself ships with a relatively ancient JRE and if you use native launcher you get the old one, which causes the problem, regardless of how up-to-date Java is on your PC. Thanks Microsoft.

Last edited by RandoM51; 11-13-2017 at 07:32 PM.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:11 PM   #910
Vandabo
Guise srsly

Updating is fine with me, I've just been farting around for the last few days anyway.
A. Yes.
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Old 11-13-2017, 10:12 PM   #911
Vandabo
Guise srsly

Well, I updated and jumped on the server, but now my 4gb of allocated memory keeps maxing out and I have mini-lockups every few seconds. Tried rebooting and whatnot, didn't help. Not sure what else I can do to fix that, or if it's a problem with the update.
A. Yes.
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Old 11-14-2017, 06:32 AM   #912
Mot Wakorb
47 Friendly Fires

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoM51 View Post
No update. Sounds like maybe a chunk reset.

Was a server crash around 9pm on the 3rd. Not sure what timezone that box is in.

I have had my chests turn invis once. They were still there, just couldn't see them. Restarting the client fixed that.

I looked at two crashlogs on the server. Same crash type but the logs don't point at a specific mod so isn't a lot I can do without more information.

diamond and lapis on the surface wouldn't be a regen as they don't start there. world could be corrupted with some mismatched blockids. Only thing I can do in that case is restore from a backup.

It's in whatever time zone Montreal, Canada is in.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 11-14-2017, 08:35 AM   #913
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandabo View Post
Well, I updated and jumped on the server, but now my 4gb of allocated memory keeps maxing out and I have mini-lockups every few seconds. Tried rebooting and whatnot, didn't help. Not sure what else I can do to fix that, or if it's a problem with the update.
Well, if you can't allocate more memory I'd try a couple other things.

Before connecting make sure mipmap is set to 0. I'd also reduce the view range.

I'm not sure how much effect those have on memory usage but it might buy you a little. Make sure it isn't using a resource pack---I don't think it defaults to anything but vanilla, but worth checking.

Starting with 1.10 packs 4GB became pretty much the bare minimum. I allocate 6GB on this PC.

Oh, one other thing, if you can live without it remove Journeymap. It uses quite a bit of memory. There are some lighter weight map mods out there you could replace it with.

Last edited by RandoM51; 11-14-2017 at 11:18 AM.
Old 11-14-2017, 11:15 AM   #914
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here.

You can also look through your task manager at what processes are running and close the ones that you know you don't need at the time. Anti-virus's and anti-malware programs use a bit of memory and some can't be stopped manually. For those you need to disable it in the Startup section (different depending on your ver of Windows) and then reboot your computer. If your lucky you might net yourself an extra 100MB or more. Also, close your web browser if you usually leave it open.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIntrude View Post
Hit B to enter FPS 3rd person shooter mode.

Quote:
I think my brain just broke reading that...
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 12:32 PM   #915
Vandabo
Guise srsly

I tried again with 6gb memory allocated, and now it runs fine. Oddly enough, I'm watching the statistics by pressing F3 in the game and it doesn't even use up to the 4gb I used to have allocated, it just hovers around 3gb and change. Yesterday that was constantly maxxing out at 4 and then freezing until it dropped back down to 3 or so. Not sure if anything was changed on the server end, but in any case my issues seem to be fixed.

I haven't really noticed anything different about the modpack, other than the agricraft stuff being gone.
A. Yes.
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Old 11-14-2017, 06:57 PM   #916
JPicasso
Colonist

Glad you got it fixed.

My game was crashing earlier when I tried to craft iron nuggets. Happened in my hand or on the bench. Hopefully that's resolved.
Old 11-14-2017, 07:06 PM   #917
Vandabo
Guise srsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by JPicasso View Post
Glad you got it fixed.

My game was crashing earlier when I tried to craft iron nuggets. Happened in my hand or on the bench. Hopefully that's resolved.
There is a new mod for the iron nuggs, I think it's called B.A.S.E or something. They worked fine for me earlier, and I was able to craft stuff with them no problems. The thing that didn't work was smelting nickel from nickel dust that came from that same mod.
A. Yes.
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Old 11-15-2017, 06:47 PM   #918
RandoM51
Peripheral Visionary

This is the strangest oregen I have ever seen. Went caving for a couple hours, stacks of diamonds and lapis, 8 iron ore. Ended up using all my iron to get iron seeds running in a couple cloches.

I might reset the mining world in the next day or two. Let me know if you have anything major there like excavators or something.
Old 11-15-2017, 07:20 PM   #919
Vandabo
Guise srsly

Quote:
Originally Posted by RandoM51 View Post
This is the strangest oregen I have ever seen. Went caving for a couple hours, stacks of diamonds and lapis, 8 iron ore. Ended up using all my iron to get iron seeds running in a couple cloches.

I might reset the mining world in the next day or two. Let me know if you have anything major there like excavators or something.
Were you mining in new chunks? Because there was that corruption early on that replaced coal and iron with lapis and diamonds. Although I noticed with this new update, even in the chunks where that corruption happened there were some new coal and iron deposits, alongside the corrupted ones.

As far as the mining dimension, I know EG was doing quite a bit in there.
A. Yes.
Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Old 11-15-2017, 11:00 PM   #920
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Were you mining in new chunks? Because there was that corruption early on that replaced coal and iron with lapis and diamonds. Although I noticed with this new update, even in the chunks where that corruption happened there were some new coal and iron deposits, alongside the corrupted ones.

As far as the mining dimension, I know EG was doing quite a bit in there.
I've got my excavator up and running in the overworld, so I'm good. I get about 1 1/4 stacks of iron from one vibrant capacitor bank.

Last edited by evilgoodwin; 11-15-2017 at 11:34 PM.