welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 11-13-2017, 07:08 AM   #1
Purple Santa
keeper of the day and end

WeekDAY gaming (11.13.17)- What are YOU still playing?

I'm motivated so my goal is to see everyone motivated today. Of course, let's see how motivated I am by the end of the day but at least it is Monday, i'm roaring to go and see what the week has for us. Let's go, let's go let's go! Move it on out cause the WeekDAY is back and we aren't leaving anyone behind (unlike in Left for Dead, where I was left for zombie fodder. Yes I still am bitter you bastards )

Everyone have a great week!

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 09:57 AM   #2
pomeroy
wtf

I'll be playing South Park and Stardew Valley, with breaks for Call of Duty and Splatoon.
pomeroy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:21 AM   #3
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
I played StarCraft 2 and Force Unleashed 2 last night. I can see more of that happening.
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 10:24 AM   #4
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Probably a lot of Danganronpa v3 and little else this week until that's done. I'm getting close, though, I'm at the beginning of the class trial in Chapter 5 and, well, things have been happening.

If I do finish Dv3 I'm probably going to either start up Tokyo Xanadu or God Wars. I'm leaning towards God Wars, it's been way too long since I've played a good SRPG.
Old 11-13-2017, 10:52 AM   #5
Purple Santa

Dav Kringle, is it time yet to start the Secret Santa?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 11-13-2017, 11:30 AM   #6
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Son of a gun, I thought I had a Google calendar alert set for that. Good looking out, I'll get to it pronto.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:22 PM   #7
biosc1
monoputer

It's been 52 minutes and no thread. Your definition of "pronto" is different than the dictionary definition...

I have so many sexy tank sims and grass simulators to gift!
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:31 PM   #8
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Well there's a time difference, I'm an hour ahead. You'll see it soon once you catch up.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2017, 12:55 PM   #9
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

Oathbringer should arrive tomorrow, so I probably won't be doing anything else until I finish that. Tonight I'll probably reread the first 32 chapters that have already been released so that I can just dive right into new content tomorrow. Although I'll need to skim through the first part of the book to see whatever awesome art is there since that wasn't included in the pre-release online chapters.

And then even though I'll probably spend most of the week reading, I went a bit crazy with gaming for this week too. I grabbed Kingdom Hearts HD 1.5 + 2.5 ReMix from the PSN sale since I've really been wanting to replay all the games and I need to actually finish a few of them. I started Kingdom Hearts on the PS3 a while ago but didn't get that far into it, so I think I might start that on PS4 this week and then slowly play through all the games in order.

Demon Gaze 2 arrived today, so I'll probably try to start that tonight. I loved the first game, so hopefully this one will be as good. I'm going in blind so I'm not sure if they've changed how anything works. It'll be good to finally get back to the Vita, and then maybe I'll start catching up on my backlog for that.

I need to keep playing Danganronpa V3, but I think I'm just going to take my time with it since I'm already so far behind where I wanted to be. It also sucks that one of my favorite characters got executed last trial. I should probably press ahead some to see what happens next at least.

I also grabbed Star Wars Battlefront 2 to start playing Friday. I got the complete first game on sale for $5 a while back and had fun with it, so I'm looking forward to messing around with the new one some.

I'm curious which games I'll actually play besides just reading this week.
Old 11-13-2017, 01:20 PM   #10
Purple Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosc1 View Post
It's been 52 minutes and no thread. Your definition of "pronto" is different than the dictionary definition...

I have so many sexy tank sims and grass simulators to gift!
I want a sexy tank grass simulator!

Old 11-13-2017, 02:19 PM   #11
jpublic
Threadslayer

My problem with Demon Gaze was that memo system. My word, that was a bad implementation of a good idea.
Old 11-13-2017, 02:35 PM   #12
Gorvi

One day I'm going to go back to finish Demon Gaze. I'm pretty damn close to the end, I just couldn't figure out where the hell I was supposed to go when I tried to pick it back up a few months ago.

But I still got DG2 in the mail yesterday (along with Tokyo Tattoo Girls) because I'm a silly collector.
Old 11-13-2017, 06:32 PM   #13
Spigot
Turn Me

The internet was out at work so I did some other non-internet related work and then came home early... just in time to have to spend 30 minutes out on my hands and knees cobbling together contraptions to try to fish my daughter's friend's housekeys out of the sewer in front of our house. I should have asked that friendly clown to just hand them up to me...

I also didn't have to write anyone up today, which is another welcome change of pace from the past few weeks. Yay!

On the gaming front, I'm going to be playing:

Hand Of Fate 2 (PC) - Really digging this game. I might go back and see if I can actually finish the first one since I was RIGHT at the end of it, but I could never finish it thanks to the massive debuffs and curses you are saddled with. This new one is nice because it's not just about grinding and killing. There are other objectives to complete and there's a lot more variety to the enemies. Woo!

Stardew Valley (Switch) - I'm on Year 2 in spring and have a good set-up going with my farm and my cows and chickens. That said, I'm a little annoyed with the fact that the game likes to crash every so often, esp. when it's right at the end of a day that I got a lot done in. Grr...

Mario Odyssey (Switch) - I'll probably finish the game tonight and then the hunt for the remaining 600 or so stars begins!

Ace Attorney: Spirit Of Justice
(3DS) - I need to get back to this.

AC: Oranges (PS4) - Gotta stab them all.
Old 11-13-2017, 07:06 PM   #14
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Mario Odyssey all week for me. I doubt I'll play much else.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:14 AM   #15
Gorvi

Man, the chapter 5 class trial in Dv3 has been nuts. Stupid work and adult responsibilities getting in the way of gaming....
Old 11-14-2017, 10:40 AM   #16
Young Al Capone
Part of the problem

Been focusing on Metroid SR, which is really good. Otherwise mostly playing various VR stuff, sims and the like. Elite Dangerous and American/Euro Trucking Sims could easily eat my life if I let them. Started up a VR horror walking sim called Narcosis which has been cool so far.

Mostly just trying to get through everything I have going besides Odyssey before Xenoblade Chronicles 2, because I guarantee those will be all I play once I really get into them.
Young Al Capone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 02:42 PM   #17
jpublic
Threadslayer

Finished VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action.

Cute little visual novel-style game. I enjoyed all the nods to classic cyberpunk anime.

Edit: Tried The Shrouded Isle. I think it's not for me? I don't really get how I'm supposed to figure things out. I'm not very good at these types of games.

Last edited by jpublic; 11-14-2017 at 03:35 PM.
jpublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 07:19 PM   #18
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Looks like they got my internet sorted out after all.
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 09:10 PM   #19
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Bubblaine is such a gorgeous and fun level, and the boss battle is fantastic! I love this game.

Referring to Mario Odyssey for those who aren't playing.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2017, 10:08 PM   #20
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
Finished VA-11 Hall-A: Cyberpunk Bartender Action.

Cute little visual novel-style game. I enjoyed all the nods to classic cyberpunk anime.

Edit: Tried The Shrouded Isle. I think it's not for me? I don't really get how I'm supposed to figure things out. I'm not very good at these types of games.
I need to fire up VA-11 Hall-A. Haven't tried it yet.

The Shrouded Isle is really cool. I've run through it a few times already. It's kind of opaque to start.

edit: I spoiled the tips for those who don't care about 8 paragraphs of game instructions

What you're trying to do is balance the various factions by finding the person who is guilty of whatever the evil god says they're guilty of. If you sacrifice them, you'll make the people happy and the family they're from won't get too mad because, well, they're guilty.

If you off someone who isn't guilty of the right sin (but otherwise still a right bastard), then people will see justice is done and the family will get only slightly mad. The god won't be as pleased though.

If you sacrifice someone at random or who sneezed on a cat or some such minor infraction, you'll just piss everyone off.

You also want to try to find people who you don't know much about as that's where you spend your time during the rounds as you assign them to tasks and uncover their various character traits/sins/crimes.

The payoff is getting through the 3-4 rounds and seeing what kind of nasty end you and/or the isle suffers.

It's very much like a sort of single-player take on Ultimate Werewolf or other bluffing boardgames.
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
Bubblaine is such a gorgeous and fun level, and the boss battle is fantastic! I love this game.

Referring to Mario Odyssey for those who aren't playing.
I enjoyed Bubblaine but thought it was a pretty tiny little world when I first ran through. I've gone back now that I've finished the main game and have been ferreting out a lot more of its secrets.

Last edited by Spigot; 11-14-2017 at 10:14 PM.
Spigot is offline   Reply With Quote