welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 01-13-2018, 11:42 AM   #21
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
And I still never learned parrying in Dark Souls games.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 02:07 PM   #22
Ravenlock
Thx for the scarf, Sadie!

The Darkening of Tristram event is back in Diablo 3, and it's still delightful.
Listen to me rant on the Immortal Machines PC Gaming Podcast!
I also run Erratic Gamer, and sometimes write about games there.
Ravenlock is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:38 PM   #23
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I wrapped up Steamworld Dig 2 yesterday, with 99% completion. I went back and found the last secret, which may have put me at 100%, but I didn't bother beating the boss again to find out. Finding the last secret also unlocked the trials, which are ridiculously challenging. I finished 3/7 before deciding that I would go no further. I'm not one of those people who plays games mostly for the challenge.

The game was a total joy from start to finish, and I loved the dramatic ending. Image & Form is a great developer, and very engaged with their fans. I'm looking forward to their next game, whatever that may be.

Today I finally moved my PC into my bedroom and hooked it up to my TV. Overall I like the setup, though the font on the desktop is a bit too small and I definitely need some sort of mouse and keyboard table. Otherwise it's a nice improvement from my small monitor. The boyfriend tested it out with Sonic Racing Transformed, after which we finally started The Journey Down Chapter 3, which is great so far.
MagGnome is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 04:59 PM   #24
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlock View Post
I played through the demo for Dragon Quest Builders on Switch, which definitely became a purchase for me when it comes out next month. That game is just delightful.
I got through this as well and I agree it has definite potential. Reminded me quite a bit of Dark Cloud.

For me it'll come down to price, though. I can't see paying eighty bucks for it while I could get Minecraft for thirty.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 05:56 PM   #25
Spigot
Turn Me

I fired up Stardew Valley for the first time in a while and in my wanderings, I ended up unlocking a pile of both story content & new areas to poke around in. Now to start saving up $$ to get some of these new buildings built.
Old 01-13-2018, 06:44 PM   #26
MagGnome
Déjà vu

I played the Dragon Quest Builders demo for a little while yesterday. I didn't finish it, but I enjoyed what I played. If it releases for, say, $40, I could see picking it up. Otherwise I may go back to Minecraft at some point. It's been years since I spent much time with that game.
Old 01-13-2018, 08:57 PM   #27
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
The addition and quests and goals in DQ Builders differentiates it enough from Minecraft that they're not really interchangeable for me. You're wacking blocks to make your own blocks in both but the purpose is different. I'd expect it to release at $50 USD since that's what Amazon currently has it at but I'll probably wait for a cheaper price before picking it up. The three week period from the end of January to the middle of February is packed for me release-wise.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-13-2018, 09:40 PM   #28
MagGnome
Déjà vu

The two games have several differences, no argument there.

Now that Steamworld Dig 2 is done, I'm debating what to focus on next. I could get back to Xenoblade, or there's Mario Odyssey. Or something entirely different. Hmm... Nothing in particular is grabbing me at the moment.
Old 01-13-2018, 10:50 PM   #29
johnperkins21
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I played the Dragon Quest Builders demo for a little while yesterday. I didn't finish it, but I enjoyed what I played. If it releases for, say, $40, I could see picking it up. Otherwise I may go back to Minecraft at some point. It's been years since I spent much time with that game.
Join us on the server. Just started up Divine Journey. I've no idea what I'm doing, but it's still fun.
Old 01-13-2018, 11:02 PM   #30
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by johnperkins21 View Post
Join us on the server. Just started up Divine Journey. I've no idea what I'm doing, but it's still fun.
Do people mainly play using the Java client, or have most migrated to the Windows 10 version?
Old 01-14-2018, 06:07 AM   #31
Mot Wakorb
47 Friendly Fires

Quote:
Do people mainly play using the Java client, or have most migrated to the Windows 10 version?

The main server for CoG you need a special launcher for generally. It is the java edition. If you didn't know also, if you own Minecraft (the java version) already, the Win10 edition is free.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 01-14-2018, 09:14 AM   #32
rein
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlock View Post
I played through the demo for Dragon Quest Builders on Switch, which definitely became a purchase for me when it comes out next month. That game is just delightful.
I really liked it on the PS4 but will probably skip the Switch release.

I ended up working yesterday much longer than I expected. I was only supposed to be there for an hour but that turned into four. Between that and other things no gaming for me this weekend. Unless you count Animal Crossing: Pocket Camp on the phone.
rein is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 11:22 AM   #33
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mot Wakorb View Post
The main server for CoG you need a special launcher for generally. It is the java edition. If you didn't know also, if you own Minecraft (the java version) already, the Win10 edition is free.
Good to know, thanks! I'll download the client. Haven't played Minecraft in ages.
Old 01-14-2018, 02:36 PM   #34
Troggles
Nice shot!

Quote:
Good to know, thanks! I'll download the client. Haven't played Minecraft in ages.
You'll need more than just main client to play on the CoG server. They play a heavily modded version of the game that has it's own launcher. Talk to Random51 or Arphahat and they can probably help you out with that.
3DS FC: 3781-0398-9126
Troggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2018, 09:59 PM   #35
MagGnome
Déjà vu

Also good to know, thank you Troggles. I probably won't be doing much PC gaming until I get myself set up with some sort of small portable desk or surface for my mouse and keyboard. Now that I've moved the computer into my bedroom I need something to put them on. I may get a wireless set as well, but my past experience with those hasn't been good.

Today's Great British Baking Show party was great. We had cake, bread, crackers, good cheese and summer sausage, and various pastries. I also made cocktails. We watched a couple episodes of the show followed by The Big Fat Quiz of the Year 2017, which was hilarious. It was a small group but there were a lot of laughs. I've been hosting small gatherings every other month or so, but I may move to monthly events as they've been so much fun.
Old 01-14-2018, 10:55 PM   #36
jpublic
Threadslayer

Loaded up Fallout 4 because I figured I wasn't giving it a fair chance.

After a couple hours, including loading an unofficial patch, I ran into a game-breaking quest fault for which the only solution was to start over.

Great job, Bethesda.
Old 01-15-2018, 12:46 AM   #37
johnperkins21
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troggles View Post
You'll need more than just main client to play on the CoG server. They play a heavily modded version of the game that has it's own launcher. Talk to Random51 or Arphahat and they can probably help you out with that.
Check the Minecraft thread. Most of the info is there, but you'll need to use Twitch to download the mods. It's on the Mods tab of Twitch, not My Games tab for some reason.