welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 08-29-2017, 08:13 AM   #1
Psykoboy2
Enigma Of The Mystical

Send a message via AIM to Psykoboy2 Send a message via MSN to Psykoboy2 Send a message via Skype™ to Psykoboy2
In-Game Chat: Season 11, Episode 33

Weíre doing that PAX thing at the following link.

Yes, another PAX is upon us and we wonít be here next week so please enjoy the sounds from our music episode from a few weeks back while we take in the sights and sounds of PAX. Weíll be back with a new episode the week after next. Still, thereís this episode to enjoy until then.

So, itís out there now. Probably. Pretty sure. Does it satisfy you? Are you happy with it? I wasnít as heavily invested as some were for the next Half-Life. I wasnít there at the beginning to know what this was like. I can relate it to like...television shows or movies, but I donít think itís the same. But itís out there now supposedly. Not the game itself but apparently the story of how it all would have gone. Does it disappoint you because you never got to play it? Do you feel better now knowing how it would have ended? The thing of it is, at this point, if it were to come out, I donít think anyone would actually be happy about it. Maybe as some kind of closure that itís just done, regardless, may satisfy some people. I think in the end, however, it might actually be more like when Duke Nukem was finally released. The proverbial whimper instead of a bang. Maybe not to the extent of DN but something like it. I think thereís a timeline for a series. A path of longevity where there are certain points of no return. At some point along the line you really canít go back and your options of continuation turn into a reboot, a la Tomb Raider. Maybe around that same point on the timeline could be the option of ďspiritual successorĒ, a la Dark Souls and Demonís Souls or System Shock 2 and Bioshock.

Either way, I hope this finally puts to rest a long national nightmare in the video game world of speculation and ghost hunting. Trying to make sense out of random statements and updates and store games and goose chases. Because youíre never going to get what you always wanted and even if somehow you do, itíll probably never be what it could have been or, even, good enough.
Closed Thread