welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 12-04-2017, 07:23 AM   #1
Purple Santa
keeper of the day and end

WeekDAY gaming (12.4.17)- What are YOU still playing?

Be kind to your Monday

Enjoy your week everyone!

What are YOU still playing?

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 07:32 AM   #2
Troggles
Nice shot!

Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - It's grabbing me in a way only the first one ever did
3DS FC: 3781-0398-9126
Troggles is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:04 AM   #3
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

It was a busy weekend, but a good one. Good times were had with the kids and I got in a pretty nice amount of gaming. This is going to be a pretty typical week, nothing special going on, and I'm thankful for that. So gaming will be:

Nier Automata NA is so weird but so damn great. I'm trying to stick to the main path, but the obsessive in me really wants to do all the side quests. Problem is there's just too damn many of them. They carry over to the next play through, though, and I really do want to try to get all the endings to see the whole story, as I hear it's really worth it.

Tokyo Xanadu And I didn't' touch TX over the weekend at all. I'll be back at it today.

Final Fantasy XIV I played more XIV this weekend than I have in a while. I'm almost ready to take my Bard to some endgame content, one more level to go. Bard was one of my favorite jobs in ARR, then they ruined it for Heavansward, but in Stormblood they made it more fun to play then it ever was. You can finally move and shoot again and songs are actually useful. It's busy as hell but really fun. I'm looking forward to hitting cap tonight or tomorrow then taking on some endgame stuff.
Old 12-04-2017, 10:31 AM   #4
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Finished Steamworld Dig by surprise. I played a little more Force Unleashed 2, which is pretty fun, but I don't know that it will keep me engaged to the end.

I've been toying around with the idea of playing Crysis 2, which I guess I own??
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 10:36 AM   #5
jpublic
Threadslayer

I'll be playing XCOM 2: WotC obviously.

Also some Breath of the Wild, Nioh, and FFTactics PSP when I feel like it.

Keck: I liked Crysis 2. It wasn't brilliant, but it was good. And with a modern PC you might be able to play it on High settings!
Old 12-04-2017, 10:49 AM   #6
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
Keck: I liked Crysis 2. It wasn't brilliant, but it was good. And with a modern PC you might be able to play it on High settings!
That's what I was hoping for!
Old 12-04-2017, 11:01 AM   #7
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
Originally Posted by Troggles View Post
Xenoblade Chronicles 2 - It's grabbing me in a way only the first one ever did
I'm totally sucked in as well. Now that the combat is really opening up in terms of special combos and blade switching, it's getting fun as hello.

Only real complaint I have is Tora's voice. His 'spinning blade' line just grates on my ears, and I swear it procs every five seconds. I considered disabling it but it's his best aggro skill. Once I find another party member, they're gonna be tanking and Tora's hitting the bench.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 11:18 AM   #8
johnperkins21
Colonist

I finally got my copy of Horizon Zero Dawn back from a friend so I can run through the New Game+ and The Frozen Wilds DLC. Since HZD was my game of the year this year (I've missed a few other solid nominees due to not having a Switch), more of it through the DLC is obviously a good thing. I'm impressed with the visuals in the DLC which are even better than in the standard game as anyone who watched Karak's review knows.

I'm really looking forward to the PlayStation Experience this weekend. My wife and I are driving out to California on Friday so that I can attend. Really hoping to be able to get some hands on time with Days Gone, God of War, and Spiderman, though none of those were announced as playable yet. If only the games listed are the ones that are playable, I'll be somewhat disappointed, and this might be my last year going. Although I'm usually impressed by at least a handful of the indie games, so they'll make the show worth attending.
Old 12-04-2017, 01:12 PM   #9
Purple Santa

I had a really good weekend. The gf finished Limbo on Friday, then wanted more to play. She felt a game that took her three days isn't long enough. I did mention she took about 30 hrs or so to beat the game. I have stuff laying around on my Xbox I know she will like. I am thinking about the farming game that everyone loves (I can't think of the name of it at the moment) and a few others that don't involve any shooting. that was her criteria although I mentioned she had to shoot in Tomb Raider games :P

My own gaming, I am loving AC Oranges. I have made it out of Siwa, outside the Animus for the first time and man this is always my favorite part in AC games. I was reading some files on the characters laptop, then clicked on the garbage icon. I loved how there was correspondence to be read in there. Nice touch. I plan on playing more AC Oranges.

I don't see Purple Santa as the retiring type. I see his endgame as more the "...And nobody ever saw him again" type of deal. ~ Dav

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic
Old 12-04-2017, 02:44 PM   #10
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I did mention she took about 30 hrs or so to beat the game.
That... can't possibly be true, can it? I beat the game in 3.5 hours.
Old 12-04-2017, 03:53 PM   #11
Dav Slinker
stay woke

Quote:
I am thinking about the farming game that everyone loves (I can't think of the name of it at the moment)
Stardew Valley.

Legal Uppers, my blog, including creative writing and travelogues.
Dav Slinker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 05:25 PM   #12
Purple Santa

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheKeck View Post
That... can't possibly be true, can it? I beat the game in 3.5 hours.
Yes, for mr. experienced gamer. You play Contra for fun
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dav Slinker View Post
Stardew Valley.
Yes, thanks. I remembered then she looked it up. She said it reminded her of Pokémon. I have no idea why

Old 12-04-2017, 06:11 PM   #13
Pale Ale
Hi There

Quote:
Yeah but Mr. Keckington does the Konami Code on his sleep.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:14 PM   #14
Superman's Dead
And Loving Every Minute

Send a message via AIM to Superman's Dead
I found my zen, and it is watching BBC Father Brown mysteries while I play Fire Emblem Fates: Conquest

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I'm just going to hate everyone, to be safe.
PSN: clarkkentsdead
Superman's Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 06:21 PM   #15
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Quote:
Contra's fun! I still can't believe it would take her almost 10 times as long to finish it. Something's fishy.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
Yeah but Mr. Keckington does the Konami Code on his sleep.
Up up <snore>
Down down <snore>
Left right <snore>
Left right <snore>
B A <snore>
Old 12-04-2017, 06:27 PM   #16
Pale Ale
Hi There

And he snores, like a two stroke motor.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:24 PM   #17
jpublic
Threadslayer

I played a bunch of XCOM today, but left my mission notes on a USB stick I left at work. I'll post them tomorrow.
Old 12-04-2017, 08:27 PM   #18
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

So... EA still can't balance hockey AI for shit it seems. Semi-Pro is too easy. Pro puts my precious controllers in harms way. The only way to play Season mode and get a fair challenge is to gimp the AI.
However, in Franchise mode the same can be said by playing on Semi-Pro with the AI cranked WAY up. It's confusing as hell and I'm tweaking it every time I play to get that just-right feel. Obliterating the Winnipeg Jets 8-1 is NOT just-right.

PSN: Wolvie619

Steam: Wolvie619
Wolvie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 08:40 PM   #19
Stoke
Act. Like. A. Dove.

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Finally played some more Mario Odyssey and made some progress through New Donk City. Definitely the best part of the game so far.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-04-2017, 09:53 PM   #20
EWolfmanD
Phantom Thieves

I technically started playing Demon Gaze 2 last night. Mostly I just created my character; I didn't really play much. I was going to play some tonight, but I had a really bad headache all evening. Maybe I'll be able to play some before I go to sleep. Otherwise i'll have to just play this week.

I saw an update mentioned in the Star Wars Battlefront 2 thread, so maybe I'll mess around with that some more. I don't really care about being disadvantaged since I mostly plan on running around and losing anyway, but it would be nice to unlock stuff a bit faster to play around with.

I also forgot about Kingdom Hearts for my weekend list, so I should try to get back to that too. I just need to find the time with all the other stuff I want to do right now.

Oh, and I watched the stream for the next Hearthstone expansion earlier, and I'm kinda excited for it again even though I usually end up disappointed. I'm looking forward to trying out some different types of decks for a few classes. Assuming that I actually get any of the cards that I need for them, which most likely I won't. At the least, I'm looking forward to trying out the new dungeon mode, although I wonder how long I'll want to play that without there being any rewards.