Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Justice League Trailer (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=33600)

DoctorFinger 10-08-2017 08:41 AM

Justice League Trailer

It's very dramatic, in a comic book-y sort of way, to declare that it all hangs in the balance. But in a very real sense, the future of the DC Cinematic Universe does hinge on the reception to Justice League. Marvel and Disney can print money with their films, but WB's efforts to bring DC Comics to the big screen have not been nearly as successful. Wonder Woman scored big on both the creative and financial fronts, but was that the start of a trend, or an aberration?

Cinemaphile bete noir Zack Snyder stepped away from the film early in the year after a family tragedy, with former geek favorite Joss Whedon taking over directing duties. But will that change at the helm be enough to win back audiences sick of the grimdark festival that was BvS? We will find out in November.

pomeroy 10-08-2017 09:56 AM

I mean, I think they suck but the movies have all made plenty of scratch.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Exodus 10-08-2017 10:19 AM

They are marvelling. Don't get me wrong I wasn't the biggest fan of snyder's direction either but it was different. Who am I kidding I just wish nolan would have helmed the DC movies and maintained the difference between seinfeld people and people who watched friends.

jpublic 10-08-2017 10:24 AM

As much as I disliked his vision, I'd take Snyder for a million DC movies over Nolan's garbage.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority. I *really* did not like Nolan's version of Batman. But then, I also hated Miller's version of Batman.

My Batman will always be Timm's.

muddi900 10-08-2017 11:35 AM

Nolan's Batman was an adaptation of Englehart's Batman, and that is the only true Batman. You might disagree, but you would be wrong.

Nolan's movies aren't perfect, but they are the only real adaptation of the whole mythology of Batman, compressed for 3 movies.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Exodus 10-08-2017 12:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpublic (Post 1375706)
As much as I disliked his vision, I'd take Snyder for a million DC movies over Nolan's garbage.

Yes, I know I'm in the minority. I *really* did not like Nolan's version of Batman. But then, I also hated Miller's version of Batman.

My Batman will always be Timm's.

The only problem I had with nolan's run is he got bale. I'd rather have a no name like the current superman who is doing a great job.

Dukefrukem 10-08-2017 01:01 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpublic (Post 1375706)

You realize Nolan is the reason why all of Snyder's DC films look the way they do right?

That said, there is more color and humor in this trailer than the previous 4 DC films. Thank you Whedon.

jpublic 10-08-2017 03:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddi900 (Post 1375709)
Nolan's Batman was an adaptation of Englehart's Batman, and that is the only true Batman. You might disagree, but you would be wrong.

Nolan's movies aren't perfect, but they are the only real adaptation of the whole mythology of Batman, compressed for 3 movies.

No you!

Seriously, I prefer the inherently decent, caring, Batman from the DCAU as compared to the "omg my soul is the night" interpretation.

pomeroy 10-08-2017 03:15 PM

It was serious, but I don't think it was as grimdark and joyless as the Snyder stuff has been.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddi900 10-08-2017 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jpublic (Post 1375716)
No you!

Seriously, I prefer the inherently decent, caring, Batman from the DCAU as compared to the "omg my soul is the night" interpretation.

So must love the Nolan movies.

jpublic 10-08-2017 04:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by muddi900 (Post 1375718)
So must love the Nolan movies.

You got something completely different from those movies than me.

PathMaster 10-08-2017 06:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukefrukem (Post 1375713)
You realize Nolan is the reason why all of Snyder's DC films look the way they do right?

That said, there is more color and humor in this trailer than the previous 4 DC films. Thank you Whedon.

Exactly. I think Whedon might just have turned this movie around.

Exodus 10-08-2017 06:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PathMaster (Post 1375725)
Exactly. I think Whedon might just have turned this movie around.

By making it just another marvel movie?

I equate marvel's movies to hollywood action movie fast food with source material of shit I love.

When I watched DC movies it was different. There was something new. A perspective I didn't see from before. Great dialogue or respectful screen time given to dialogue that you only get from 3 actors in the entirety of the marvel movie franchise from fassbender, stewart and to a lesser degree mcavoy.

All I can say is RIP diversity. But hey the kids will just love this so woohoo money train so good for them.

civil_dead 10-08-2017 08:37 PM

Whoa. Whedon is doing this? I mean, I'm no major fan of his but I'd rather watch a can of rotting peaches than a Snyder movie.

Interest: Piqued.

Ink Asylum 10-08-2017 08:50 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civil_dead (Post 1375732)
Whoa. Whedon is doing this? I mean, I'm no major fan of his but I'd rather watch a can of rotting peaches than a Snyder movie.

Interest: Piqued.

Whedon was brought in 4 months ago or thereabouts after Snyder stepped down from the director role for family reasons. Whedon has been handling post-production and reshoots.

muddi900 10-08-2017 10:17 PM

I mean Snyder is in a very terrible situation; anything people like will be attributed to Whedon and anything people dislike will be attributed to Him.

Also his daughter committed suicide. Just messed up.

PathMaster 10-09-2017 09:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 1375728)
By making it just another marvel movie?

I equate marvel's movies to hollywood action movie fast food with source material of shit I love.

When I watched DC movies it was different. There was something new. A perspective I didn't see from before. Great dialogue or respectful screen time given to dialogue that you only get from 3 actors in the entirety of the marvel movie franchise from fassbender, stewart and to a lesser degree mcavoy.

All I can say is RIP diversity. But hey the kids will just love this so woohoo money train so good for them.

So that is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. But why do you feel the need to crap all over what many enjoy?

Personally, I appreciate the added humor to the trailer. I have no desire to watch a dark, brooding movie that is a constant depressing thing to watch. Levity is good. Maybe Synder had some in there, but the previous trailers showed us nothing of the sort. I will watch it with friends and we will have a blast. I am not looking for some Daniel Day Lewis level of acting where every single part of the film is up for an award. No, I want something fun, fast, funny, with some kick*ss action in it that I can go watch with friends. I hope I get that.

If you have no desire to watch the film, then don't. Though try not crap all over what some think is a good change.

Exodus 10-09-2017 09:56 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PathMaster (Post 1375745)
So that is your opinion and you are certainly entitled to it. But why do you feel the need to crap all over what many enjoy?

Personally, I appreciate the added humor to the trailer. I have no desire to watch a dark, brooding movie that is a constant depressing thing to watch. Levity is good. Maybe Synder had some in there, but the previous trailers showed us nothing of the sort. I will watch it with friends and we will have a blast. I am not looking for some Daniel Day Lewis level of acting where every single part of the film is up for an award. No, I want something fun, fast, funny, with some kick*ss action in it that I can go watch with friends. I hope I get that.

If you have no desire to watch the film, then don't. Though try not crap all over what some think is a good change.

Didn't you refer it was crap before?

It's not about it being crap it's about it becoming just another clone. Fuck the expectation of every women to become some perfect barby, man having a six pack and the perfect picture. These people are already the physical looks of what they are supposed to embody. I don't want slap stick comedians saying one liners and nothing thoughtful to say. Yes, that is one facet of what they did but it is not supposed to be the WHOLE of them.

We've already got the entirety of the marvel movies employing that where it's just all one note playing on in the treble section. At least snyder dared to dabble in the bass section.

muddi900 10-09-2017 11:19 AM

I mean isn't the chief complaint about Marvel movies that Everyone is Spider-Man now? Like all of them are quipping, especially during fight scenes. That is just Whedon's influence, but I do not why other directors who clearly can not pull it off are doing it, like Civil War.

I guess this is the problem with all massive uber corporate movie products ; what does the audience expect? The artistic out put of a specific creative person or group, or a consistency that is the staple of Mass Produced products.

PathMaster 10-09-2017 11:40 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Exodus (Post 1375746)
Didn't you refer it was crap before?

It's not about it being crap it's about it becoming just another clone. Fuck the expectation of every women to become some perfect barby, man having a six pack and the perfect picture. These people are already the physical looks of what they are supposed to embody. I don't want slap stick comedians saying one liners and nothing thoughtful to say. Yes, that is one facet of what they did but it is not supposed to be the WHOLE of them.

We've already got the entirety of the marvel movies employing that where it's just all one note playing on in the treble section. At least snyder dared to dabble in the bass section.

Not at all actually. I just prefer to have some levity and not all debbie downer style movie. I am sure I would have enjoyed the movie either way, I just like some extra levity.

Maybe Whedon will bring it so far as the entire cast will only quip jokes, but I doubt that. As you said, the humor is just a facet to a character and not the whole. I still saw plenty of action and serious contextual dialogue on that trailer and most certainly the previous trailer. For all we know, we have now seen the entirety of the humor of the film.

Personally I think Synder's vision was great and I am really hoping that the Whedon influence will only make it better. But I am a glass half full guy so what do I know?

Again this is all just my opinion. I hope we all get exactly what we want out of the film. I am fairly confident that I will.