Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Trailer (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=33589)

DoctorFinger 09-28-2017 10:34 AM

Red Dead Redemption 2 Story Trailer

The YouTube blurb has describes the story of Red Dead Redemption 2 thusly:
Quote:

[T]he story of outlaw Arthur Morgan and the Van der Linde gang as they rob, fight and steal their way across the vast and rugged heart of America in order to survive.
Assuming you're playing as Morgan, your character seems a lot more Black Hat than in the previous game. It also looks amazing, but that's not a surprise. I wonder which of the characters are androids?

Red Dead Redemption 2 is coming to PS4 & XB1 in the spring.

fitbabits 09-28-2017 02:07 PM

I was super late to the RDR party, but when I spent some quality time with it, I absolutely adored it.

Keen to get my hands on RDR2.

TheKeck 09-28-2017 02:37 PM

Will we get a PC version this time?

Dav Slinker 09-28-2017 03:13 PM

Rockstar DID Release GTAV on PC, so I bet chances are good. Just probably there'll be a delay.

fitbabits 09-28-2017 03:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TheKeck (Post 1375236)
Will we get a PC version this time?

Probably. Maybe.

Wackman3000 09-28-2017 04:53 PM

I 100% expect a one year+ timed delay similar to what they did with GTA V. At this point they know people will double dip anyways, so why not sell people the same game twice?

Ultima Thulian 09-29-2017 09:46 AM

Never was a big fan of the GTA games generally, but I loved RDR. Very excited for the sequel.

As an aside, graphical fidelity in videogames is reaching that uncanny valley. It's not just ME: Andromeda, with its glitchy presentation and stiff animations; rather, many games that strive for realism manage to hit the mark and miss it at the same time. This RDR2 trailer is a good example of this. It looked gorgeous for most of its duration, but some of the facial animations were jarring to behold. They looked correct, as it were, but something about them doesn't settle; it is almost like looking at a wax sculpture, where the finer details are eerily precise but the whole of its inanimate form inspires an inexplicable disgust. A lot of games being made in this current generation provoke this reaction, at least in me. The technology used is advanced enough to create generally convincing facsimiles of reality, but they cannot quite nail the minor details that are indicative of life, such as the spark in living eyes or the way lips twist and snarl when speaking. This shouldn't be read as a criticism against RDR2 or modern gaming in general--the RDR2 trailer was impressive overall--but this uncanny valley, it would seem, is an inevitable obstacle to be overcome in gaming's journey to reaching true graphical fidelity. There are too many otherwise beautiful games that are wrestling with this problem for it be simply an error made by lesser talents. It's bizarre in its way, in that today's games objectively look better--in so much that such a statement can be rendered objectively in the first place--but manage to break immersion with its jarring facial animations in cutscenes with greater consistency than its lesser-detailed predecessors.

In any event, the RDR2 trailer is otherwise stunning. I'm hoping they do away with the original game's morality system; it was hollow and did little to serve either narrative or gameplay. The trailer seems to suggest that the main character is decidedly black hat. I hope that remains so.

pomeroy 09-29-2017 03:02 PM

Will we get an iPad version this time?

TheKeck 09-29-2017 04:41 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomeroy (Post 1375279)
Will we get an iPad version this time?

Hey, sweet super relevant analogy, man. :+1:

pomeroy 09-29-2017 04:55 PM

I thought so.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

muddi900 09-29-2017 05:27 PM

consoletards at it agen

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

pomeroy 09-29-2017 05:43 PM

oh no how will i ever treat this sick burn

Dav Slinker 09-29-2017 05:57 PM

You're both very clever.

pomeroy 09-29-2017 06:32 PM

That's all I ever wanted

muddi900 09-29-2017 07:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pomeroy (Post 1375288)
oh no how will i ever treat this sick burn

bun cream

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

JayK47 10-02-2017 06:34 PM

So will this be a story focused game or will the story take a back seat to the multiplayer? I am surprised Rockstar even considers a story mode with how insanely popular GTA V online continues to be.

johnperkins21 10-02-2017 07:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JayK47 (Post 1375410)
So will this be a story focused game or will the story take a back seat to the multiplayer? I am surprised Rockstar even considers a story mode with how insanely popular GTA V online continues to be.

Both of the trailers released so far seem to focus on the story. I think they realize that the single player experience helps to sell the multiplayer game. And this is a game where they know the customer base is looking forward to another deep single player game to match the original; it's unlikely they'll put the initial focus on multiplayer. I'd guess they'll follow what they did with GTAV by using the single player to get people to buy the game initially, then keep adding to the multiplayer to keep people playing as long as possible.

digitalErich 10-02-2017 11:52 PM

Well, I think I played probably 45 hours of RDR, and maybe 2 of that was the story. I just could not stay out of the MP when I booted that thing up, and I'll be the first to admit there wasn't much to do in that MP. It was just so much fun to run around in a small group chasing people.

johnperkins21 10-03-2017 01:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalErich (Post 1375420)
Well, I think I played probably 45 hours of RDR, and maybe 2 of that was the story. I just could not stay out of the MP when I booted that thing up, and I'll be the first to admit there wasn't much to do in that MP. It was just so much fun to run around in a small group chasing people.

I've never booted up the multiplayer on RDR and only spent maybe 10 minutes in multiplayer on GTAV. Different strokes, but even with how popular GTAV MP is I can't see them abandoning single player experiences since it's so much of what made their games popular.

TheKeck 10-03-2017 08:05 AM

I think I played the multi player once...