Colony of Gamers

Colony of Gamers (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/index.php)
-   Gaming News (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/forumdisplay.php?f=3)
-   -   New Mutants Trailer (https://www.colonyofgamers.com/cogforums/showthread.php?t=33610)

DoctorFinger 10-13-2017 10:00 AM

New Mutants Trailer

I watch the news a lot, and I can't help but think we're in the Darkest Timeline. Then I see this trailer for a horror-themed New Mutants film, the day after I watched the excellent second episode of The Gifted and the same year as the wonderful Logan film and Legion series and I realize things cannot be that bad. I've been an X-Men fan for a very long time, and for the vast majority of that time they've had little to no luck on live action adaptations. But turning the New Mutants into a claustrophobic horror movie - essentially borrowing Marvel Studios' ethos of mixing capes with other genres - seems like a smart move.

New Mutants will be in theaters in April.

pomeroy 10-13-2017 10:11 AM

X1 was good. X2 was great. The rest....eh.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PathMaster 10-13-2017 11:05 AM

I am going to wait and see on this. But I do like that they are going someplace different versus the rest of the film/tv shows we have seen.

Although in parts this reminds me of Legion, which I LOVE.

fitbabits 10-13-2017 02:26 PM

That looks fucking terrible.

Stoke 10-13-2017 03:10 PM

I love the X-Men universe but I can't stand horror movies. I don't think this was the way to go.

civil_dead 10-13-2017 03:20 PM

Well, turns out you can make a shitty franchise even shittier.

I appreciate what Fox is doing for science.

Sent from a phone so please forgive any errors and factual misrepresentations.

Narradisall 10-14-2017 05:43 AM

Poor Xmen, it's just going down hill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dukefrukem 10-14-2017 02:02 PM

Somewhere, Josh Trank cries.

This is a excellent idea. Hope it gets accepted more broadly than this fuckin place though.

civil_dead 10-14-2017 02:48 PM

Generic Horror Movie Tropes #'s 1-48 on full display in just the trailer is excellent?

That couldn't have been any less interesting or unique. I hope, in the age of YouTube, that someone runs that trailer alongside the trailer of any other horror movie that's come out since Saw. Booorrrrring.

Actually, having Snyder direct it would make it less interesting. I stand corrected.

Dukefrukem 10-14-2017 04:47 PM

Sidestepping the superhero trope is excellent. Or do just want another X-Men Apocalypse?

Philonious 10-15-2017 12:57 PM

I don't understand... How can this be a superhero movie without a giant space laser!? Good for them for branching out, no clue if it'll actually work.

civil_dead 10-15-2017 05:17 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Dukefrukem (Post 1376050)
Sidestepping the superhero trope is excellent. Or do just want another X-Men Apocalypse?

See my comment above about a shitty franchise. ;)

Make it a drama! There is soooooo much dramatic tension that has never been mined. How do these people live day to day? That’s something I’d love to see. A realist superhero piece.

Dukefrukem 10-15-2017 06:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by civil_dead (Post 1376097)
See my comment above about a shitty franchise. ;)

Make it a drama! There is soooooo much dramatic tension that has never been mined. How do these people live day to day? That’s something I’d love to see. A realist superhero piece.

That sounds awful.

Stoke 10-15-2017 06:59 PM

To be fair, so does New Mutants.

Wolvie 10-16-2017 05:54 AM

This reminds me of the SMB movie. Nobody who directed or wrote for the film gave a shit sbout the IP, so they just made the film they would rather make within the IP. Seems the director wanted to make a Hostel/Saw movie.