welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 10-06-2008, 07:07 AM   #1
DoctorFinger
Editor in Chief

Mega Man 9 DLC Incoming

Gamers would be forgiven for assuming that Mega Man 9 is an old game re-released on the current consoles as a downloadable title. But it is in fact a brand new game, and if you ever needed evidence of that fact, there's this: the first of five planned waved of DLC for the game are being released this week. The content - available today on WiiWare, Tuesday on XBLA and Thursday on PSN - adds some new features to the game

Proto Man Mode - (200 Wii Points/$2) - Play the game as Proto Man (see screenshot above). Some of Proto Man's abilities may differ from Mega Man's. Proto Man has the Charge Shot ability, Power Slide ability, and a shield that he can utilize to deflect bullets at enemies. However, Proto Man also takes double damage and has double bounce back when he is hit.

Endless Attack - (300 Wii Points/$3) - Test your skills on a stage without end. Try to break the record for getting the farthest. Results will be displayed in the Rankings page

Neither of these modes are compatible with the challenges.
DoctorFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-06-2008, 07:03 PM   #2
Gerbs
One Clip, One Kill

I'm still trying to clear the regular game..
Old 10-06-2008, 07:23 PM   #3
Variable Gear
Anarchy in the Galaxy!

I'll be getting Proto Man, despite the fact that I despise this kind of thing and despite the fact that I have yet to clear the main game myself.

If you want to have DLC for your game, fine. There's no reason that Capcom couldn't do an expansion pack to Mega Man 9 that adds a level editor, new playable characters and new stages, among other things, for another $10. Buffet-style pricing is great for the publisher, but the consumer ends up getting screwed.