welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 06-30-2010, 11:35 AM   #2041
Siraris
Well-Hung Chap

Looks like new UI is confirmed for 3.0. I'm also pleased they are listening to my idea by taking cues from the 3D gallery

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox
But as a quasi-sacramental act, the eating of the pickle is one that should only be performed with a calm mind and reverential demeanor.
Siraris is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:30 PM   #2042
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Meh on changing the UI, but "YES" on 1280 x 760 resolution. That probably would have pushed me over the line on the Galaxy S instead of wavering.
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 12:35 PM   #2043
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

I think the 1280 is for tablets. I don't think we even have the display tech to create pixels that small in a 3.5in display.

Still, anything that pushes closer to support for a proper Android tablet is good. Tired of Apple being the only game in town.

Arcana Rising - An Urban Fantasy Roleplaying Game, powered by Hulks and Horrors.
Hulks and Horrors - A Sci-Fi Roleplaying game of Exploration and Dungeon Adventure
Heaven's Shadow - A Roleplaying Game of Faith and Assassination
J Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:27 PM   #2044
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
I think the 1280 is for tablets. I don't think we even have the display tech to create pixels that small in a 3.5in display.

Still, anything that pushes closer to support for a proper Android tablet is good. Tired of Apple being the only game in town.
It would be for the 4in+ screens. I'm sure the Evo 4G, Droid X or Galaxy S would be fine with a little enhanced res. Isn't Dell's Streak 4.3in?

Dude, soon we'll probably have our fill of tablets. Meego, Chrome OS, Android, Gimped Microsoft 7, WebOS, Other Linux distros...
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
Old 06-30-2010, 01:32 PM   #2045
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

And all of those are "coming soon" or "rumored" or "speculated" and often "unconfirmed".

so far I have seen basically no evidence that a single fucking one of these things besides maybe the Dell is anything but vaporware.

And the Dell has an 800x480 screen. So it's basically just a really big Nexus, display wise, which defeats so many points I'm not sure where to begin.

It's seems like the big fad is announcing a tablet, but not necessarily actually releasing anything.

I think I'm just going to get a Win7 hybrid and call it a day.

Arcana Rising - An Urban Fantasy Roleplaying Game, powered by Hulks and Horrors.
Hulks and Horrors - A Sci-Fi Roleplaying game of Exploration and Dungeon Adventure
Heaven's Shadow - A Roleplaying Game of Faith and Assassination
J Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2010, 01:55 PM   #2046
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
And all of those are "coming soon" or "rumored" or "speculated" and often "unconfirmed".

so far I have seen basically no evidence that a single fucking one of these things besides maybe the Dell is anything but vaporware.

And the Dell has an 800x480 screen. So it's basically just a really big Nexus, display wise, which defeats so many points I'm not sure where to begin.

It's seems like the big fad is announcing a tablet, but not necessarily actually releasing anything.

I think I'm just going to get a Win7 hybrid and call it a day.
Not everyone can keep their mouth shut and then release it the day of some conference like Apple. MS could be they'd rather go to CES and have dozens of them lined up under their marquee.
ArmoredXerxes

Old 06-30-2010, 01:58 PM   #2047
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Not everyone can keep their mouth shut and then release it the day of some conference like Apple. MS could be they'd rather go to CES and have dozens of them lined up under their marquee.
Well, most companies don't have a rabid legion of fanbots to do all of their promotions for them. More so, they don't have a customer base the gets wood over mundane new features ( NOW WITH CUT AND PASTE! ).

In other words, other companies have to add a ton of new features and get word out there.
Old 06-30-2010, 02:15 PM   #2048
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapth View Post
Well, most companies don't have a rabid legion of fanbots to do all of their promotions for them. More so, they don't have a customer base the gets wood over mundane new features ( NOW WITH CUT AND PASTE! ).

In other words, other companies have to add a ton of new features and get word out there.
Bite your tongue! It's cut and paste done the RIGHT way.
ArmoredXerxes

Old 07-02-2010, 02:28 AM   #2049
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Remote Desktop to Windows 7: Wyse’s PocketCloud For Android’s Been Released

Tested, and approved.

This could be middling news for Android tablets. As a professional walking around campus or even a building and being able to just interface with a machine if you aren't at your desk.
ArmoredXerxes

Last edited by Xerxes; 07-02-2010 at 02:53 AM.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:39 PM   #2050
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

I paid 20$ for a RDP client.

That said, no regrets, its been awesome. Will try out Pocket Cloud though, while it's free.
Old 07-02-2010, 01:56 PM   #2051
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
I paid 20$ for a RDP client.

That said, no regrets, its been awesome. Will try out Pocket Cloud though, while it's free.
Which one are you using?
ArmoredXerxes

Old 07-02-2010, 02:01 PM   #2052
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

http://www.xtralogic.com/rdpclient.shtml

This guy.
Old 07-02-2010, 02:31 PM   #2053
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

Re: Android Phones

Tried wyse app, its pretty but the one I use is superior. Once this isn't free, its no contest.
Old 07-02-2010, 04:46 PM   #2054
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Tried wyse app, its pretty but the one I use is superior. Once this isn't free, its no contest.
Well compared to the Iphone version it's missing features. $20 bucks is cheap, but I want to be cheaper.
ArmoredXerxes

Old 07-02-2010, 06:42 PM   #2055
Satertek
Colonist

Strange that Radioshack is listing the Vibrant for $500 out of contract when T-Mobile is supposedly selling it for $450.
Satertek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-2010, 06:48 PM   #2056
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Satertek View Post
Strange that Radioshack is listing the Vibrant for $500 out of contract when T-Mobile is supposedly selling it for $450.
That's mighty lame of them.
ArmoredXerxes

Old 07-05-2010, 05:10 PM   #2057
PathMaster
My life for Aiur!

I see the Droid X can send multimedia to a DLNA equipped tv, how does that work? Do you actually need cell service? Or is it its own thing?
Old 07-06-2010, 09:53 AM   #2058
Grifter
Cognified

So, my friend got his HTC Incredible the other day and after a few hours of playing with it I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get out of my AT&T contract without having to pay anything so I can sell my 3GS and sign up with Sprint to get one for myself.

All About Martial Arts
Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 10:12 AM   #2059
Voodoo
Confidently Eccentric

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grifter View Post
So, my friend got his HTC Incredible the other day and after a few hours of playing with it I'm wracking my brain trying to figure out how to get out of my AT&T contract without having to pay anything so I can sell my 3GS and sign up with Sprint to get one for myself.
Well... You'd have to go to Verizon. Sprint doesn't carry the Incredible unless you are aiming at the HTC EVO?
Voodoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2010, 01:34 PM   #2060
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

I was playing with a HD2 the other day. Man I want a big 4.3 android. Maybe I'm wanting a tablet but I think a big phone would do me just fine.
ArmoredXerxes