welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 01-15-2009, 12:22 AM   #1
fishbang
Colonist

The Ad Nauseam Episode

A very long episode can be found here.

Maybe itís more than a little unfair to load the front-end of a new episode with tired talk about something so old, but Iíve been waiting these longs months to know where, precisely, Jeremy would come down on our newest Metal Gear. I got what I came for, but I canít promise the conversation will do anything for you, dear listener, though youíre welcome to subject the not-quite-goty to whatever mix of hot and cold emotions suits you while we keep you pinned to the memory.

Apart from their obvious role in consumer confidence, the endless nauseam of sequels seems to us to be a much greater drag than it should be. Perhaps, we say, it would be better to label all but the strictest examples of continuity with a subtle title change in lieu of simple numbers - the numbers being a source of great anguish for some and, possibly, a great distraction for the stewards of games fortunate enough to spawn. As always, these (and many other) comments were developed in real-time, right before your ears, and donít represent any sort of forethought whatsoever.
Old 01-15-2009, 08:02 AM   #2
Ravenlock
Thx for the scarf, Sadie!

Listened to the first 20 minutes or so driving in this morning, will listen to the rest throughout the work day.

Do need to say, though, that having started the tradition with two weeks running, you do at the very least need to give Ricardo Montalban a third mention next week out of respect.

Requiescat In Pace, Khhhhhhhhhhhhaaaaaaaaaaannnnnnnnn!
Ravenlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2009, 10:55 AM   #3
Psykoboy2
Enigma Of The Mystical

Send a message via AIM to Psykoboy2 Send a message via MSN to Psykoboy2 Send a message via Skype™ to Psykoboy2
Yeah, I thought about that exact same thing yesterday. There's no doubt we'll probably make mention of it.
Psykoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:14 AM   #4
kyrieee
RAWR

I would argue against your rejection of EVE
Yes it takes a bit of time to get into the groove of things, longer than it would in any other MMO, but I think it's perfect as something to play on the side because of the skill system

If you could get into it once you can do it again. It doesn't matter that people will have two more years worth of skills because you'll always be of use to someone if you're just past a threshold and I'm sure your old char is

You can never catch up but you shouldn't go into it with that mindset :d
kyrieee is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 10:22 AM   #5
phoenyx
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ravenlock View Post
Do need to say, though, that having started the tradition with two weeks running, you do at the very least need to give Ricardo Montalban a third mention next week out of respect.
And you could do much worse then a Khan reference.

But do please be mindful of the comedic rule of three.
phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-19-2009, 01:00 PM   #6
Hawggy
Eat at Bob's Burgers!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kyrieee View Post
I would argue against your rejection of EVE
I feel ya kyrieeee.... Perhaps these gaps allow for a completely diff gameplay? I guess James may be regretting the fact that he'd be much more complacent in his char if he never stopped, considering the real-time training method.