welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 12-26-2008, 04:56 PM   #1
Iron Past
Clem - shhh.

PSP Game Vouchers

Okay, I just bought the Ratchet & Clank PSP bundle, which has a voucher for Echochrome in it, but I need some help. The PlayStation site is a nightmare if you don't know where you're going, and it's not any easier with dial-up making the pages take a long time to load. I finally made it to the download page for the game, but how the hell do I get it on the PSP? Even if I have the thing connected to the PC with the USB cable, there's not an option to download it to the system, or to the desktop. Maybe Firefox is just messing it up; I'll try again in Internet Explorer, but if I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate the help.
Old 12-26-2008, 05:14 PM   #2
bone_matrix
I am become death.

I've never gotten stuff for my PSP from downloading it on the PC, but I imagine you download it like normal, then transfer it to the PSP from your PC.
bone_matrix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 08:02 PM   #3
Xydarc
Time to rage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Iron Past View Post
Okay, I just bought the Ratchet & Clank PSP bundle, which has a voucher for Echochrome in it, but I need some help. The PlayStation site is a nightmare if you don't know where you're going, and it's not any easier with dial-up making the pages take a long time to load. I finally made it to the download page for the game, but how the hell do I get it on the PSP? Even if I have the thing connected to the PC with the USB cable, there's not an option to download it to the system, or to the desktop. Maybe Firefox is just messing it up; I'll try again in Internet Explorer, but if I'm doing something wrong, I'd appreciate the help.
D/L it directly from your PSP. If your PSP is up-to-date on its firmware, there should be a PS Store icon in your XMB under "Network."
Xydarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2008, 09:06 PM   #4
Iron Past
Clem - shhh.

I got it now. I only have dial-up, so I can't connect through my network (I don't think), and I did finally manage to download the latest update. Turns out you have to download the downloader and then connect the PSP to the computer for PS Store stuff. After looking for a while, I also found the (free) media manager, so I don't have to leave my PSP connected to the compuer all night if I want something.

Sony makes some really sexy hardware, but they're still learning this software business (I had to visit no less than three sites to register and go into Account Management, maybe more).

Last edited by Iron Past; 12-26-2008 at 09:12 PM.
Iron Past is offline   Reply With Quote