welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Podcasts > In-Game Chat

Old 10-02-2008, 11:10 PM   #1
fishbang
Colonist

The Rhinovirus Episode

It's Friday, October 3rd and your new episode is here.

Scott has a cold and he's talking more than he really should. Normally we wouldn't much care, but he's promised his honeyed voice in addition to his skills as some kind of mail-order preacher to our co-host Jeremy for his nuptials this weekend, and we'd rather he not sound like evil Ash while officiating the ceremony.

Based solely on its press release, Nintendo's DSi hasn't won any friends among the cast. We're no doubt in similar company with people who like longer battery life, legacy cartridge ports, and who don't relish spending money on a third iteration of DS hardware. Big money says we'll buy it anyway.

We make sad faces about the cuts to Fable 2's CE bonus content, War World's 45-second demo content, and the complete annihilation of C&C Tiberium's game content. But we rally the positive vibe thanks to CoD 5's co-op videos, which lead directly to some helpful suggestions for the gentlepersons at Gamefly.

And in the inaugural effort of what we've planned as a regular Friday segment, we dive into the mailbag to offer our thanks for listener support and to give long answers to short questions. This is seriously something we never get tired of, so keep the email flowing.

Thanks for listening and enjoy the show.

Last edited by fishbang; 10-02-2008 at 11:15 PM.
fishbang is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:16 PM   #2
Grifter
Cognified

Thanks, my new favorite pass time is listening to IGC while playing Kings Bounty.

Downloading now.

All About Martial Arts
Grifter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:23 PM   #3
Rogue_hunter
Breaks brick walls

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_hunter Send a message via MSN to Rogue_hunter Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue_hunter
Psst, it's still Thursday. Unfortunately can't listen to this tonight, but I'll be listening to it tomorrow at a harvest festival.
Twitter
Rogue_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-02-2008, 11:58 PM   #4
phoenyx
Colonist

Already pending for my morning commute, thank you iTunes.

I agree totally on the DSi. When I started to hear rumors of the next DS, I was a little worried. But given the announcement, I'm more then happy to stay with my "outdated" lite.
phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 12:58 AM   #5
danielOut
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to danielOut Send a message via Skype™ to danielOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_hunter View Post
Psst, it's still Thursday. Unfortunately can't listen to this tonight, but I'll be listening to it tomorrow at a harvest festival.
It is thursday in alabama. Remember, we live in your future.
danielOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 01:32 AM   #6
pseudopseudo
Where'd he come from?

Send a message via AIM to pseudopseudo Send a message via MSN to pseudopseudo Send a message via Skype™ to pseudopseudo
You guys have "extremely powerful pull". I LOL'd at the innuendo.
pseudopseudo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 AM   #7
Rogue_hunter
Breaks brick walls

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_hunter Send a message via MSN to Rogue_hunter Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue_hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielOut View Post
It is thursday in alabama. Remember, we live in your future.
Look at what you said...so, yes, I would have agreed with you an hour and a half ago, when it was still Thursday.

EDIT: oooh, you posted 2 minutes before it was Friday PST, creepy.
Twitter
Rogue_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:44 AM   #8
Raen
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to Raen Send a message via MSN to Raen Send a message via Yahoo to Raen
Yay for kept podcast promises. You guys need a logo on the podcast stream. It'd make my iPod happy.
Raen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:04 AM   #9
danielOut
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to danielOut Send a message via Skype™ to danielOut
Quote:
Originally Posted by Raen View Post
Yay for kept podcast promises. You guys need a logo on the podcast stream. It'd make my iPod happy.
Working on it... iTunes is being weird on me.
danielOut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 06:17 AM   #10
kropotkin
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to kropotkin Send a message via MSN to kropotkin Send a message via Skype™ to kropotkin
Another great show, even if Mr Benton was busy doing an excellent impression of the leprocy ridden folk from Assasin's Creed. All he needed was a bell around his neck and him mumbling 'unclean' every 10 seconds and he'd be spot on.

Anyway thanks for the shout out for the Superhappyfuntimeshow, it was most appreciated.
Old 10-03-2008, 06:58 AM   #11
anakin876
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to anakin876
Woo hoo! something to listen to while I torture the small welsh chapel of my body in an attempt to reshape it into something a little less like the blob that ate my wedding!
Thank you for continuing this fine service - and for introducing more than one podcast per week!
anakin876 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:23 AM   #12
Raen
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to Raen Send a message via MSN to Raen Send a message via Yahoo to Raen
Quote:
Originally Posted by danielOut View Post
Working on it... iTunes is being weird on me.
We still love you, even if iTunes doesn't.
Old 10-03-2008, 12:06 PM   #13
Psykoboy2
Enigma Of The Mystical

Send a message via AIM to Psykoboy2 Send a message via MSN to Psykoboy2 Send a message via Skype™ to Psykoboy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by fishbang View Post
and we'd rather he not sound like evil Ash while officiating the ceremony.
If you could only hear my voice today. It's horrible and has no trace of anything like what it sounded when we recorded this.

I might want to change my costume tomorrow and be monk riddled with leprosy (thank you Kropotkin).
Psykoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:08 PM   #14
phoenyx
Colonist

Are you one of those people who get the very deep, raspy kinda voice? Like a dying Darth Vader?

I will say there are lots of avenues for vocal trickery and other fun... other then that whole "I feel like crap warmed over and just want to die" thing.
phoenyx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 02:39 PM   #15
UWCrash
Almost Legendary

Send a message via AIM to UWCrash
I wasn't able to catch all of Monday's show, but what format are you going with for the live segment? Is there going to be the webcast "after show" weekly, or will it just be the hour long "on air" portion?

Thank god this was there to break up an otherwise dull Friday at work. Keep up the great work, and get well soon Scott.
UWCrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 05:14 PM   #16
KingGorilla
Colonist

Guys, your RSS feed needs a lot of work. The pic is still EvAv radio, the artist is still the same.

Other than that, I will be listening to it at the gym tomorrow
KingGorilla is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:35 PM   #17
Psykoboy2
Enigma Of The Mystical

Send a message via AIM to Psykoboy2 Send a message via MSN to Psykoboy2 Send a message via Skype™ to Psykoboy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGorilla View Post
Guys, your RSS feed needs a lot of work. The pic is still EvAv radio, the artist is still the same.

The RSS feed is being worked on from what I know. The pic...shouldn't be there. I don't upload it in on the tags with iTunes anymore. Haven't since "The First Episode".

Artist is the same as well. I've been tagging it as "In-Game Chat", not sure why it still shows as EvAv for you.
Psykoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-03-2008, 07:51 PM   #18
KingGorilla
Colonist

It could just be that iTunes is slow to change. It can take awhile to see changes take place.
Old 10-04-2008, 05:17 AM   #19
Raen
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingGorilla View Post

I've had it changed since 'The First Episode' on iTunes. In fact I've had the title change from In Game Chat to In-Game Chat since then. I just clicked update podcast on Tuesday or Wednesday and it all came up neatly.
Old 10-04-2008, 03:28 PM   #20
KingGorilla
Colonist

Just got back from the Gym. In reaction to what James said about pre-orders. We have already seen another industry get very crippled and become insulated by catering to pre-orders and little else, comics. More importantly we have already seen the retail side of games mirror comics. More often than not after the first week you are shit out of luck to find a copy of a game at retail. There is still Amazon, Go Gamer, etc, but less and less are you able to just stroll into a store to buy what you want.

Most other industries thrive on more impulsive purchases, and catering to the walk in shopper in particular.

If the console side can catch up to the PC in regard to digital distribution of titles, none of this matters. But as long as they are so tied to, and cling to, retail as the main means of distribution, the existing problems for the consumers will get worse.

That is completely disregarding the fact that more niche titles just get squeezed out due to lack of pre-orders. You get more and more safe titles, fewer and fewer risky ones. Titles that, while on a shelf rather than in the ether as a pre-order, has the capacity to just get picked up and purchased, rather than needing to reserve an item in advance.