welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Podcasts > Immortal Machines

Old 12-20-2014, 08:13 PM   #1
Ravenlock
Thx for the scarf, Sadie!

[Episode 73] Immortal Machines Post-Tryptophan Edition

Told you we’d be back soon this time. Is this soon? This feels soon. By comparison it’s totally soon.

But it’s also too soon to talk about our favorite games of 2014 in the IMmies, so we’re flipping the script and instead of looking back, we’re looking forward, jumping the gun entirely and talking about the games we’re looking forward to in 2015.

So which games are those? It’d be spoiling things to tell you, obviously, but to be honest we’re not totally agreed on the subject amongst ourselves. The spate of Kickstarter successes and failures and Steam Early Access dominance that 2014 brought has some of us feeling a little wary. But there are still some bright spots on the horizon, though some of us are more optimistic than others.

Meantime, of course, we’re also playing today’s games. I can tell you that when Assassin’s Creed: Rogue hits the PC next year, fans of that series ought to take notice, because it’s much better news than the absurdly botched Unity release. Robert has been playing a lot of DCS World, and it’s worth visiting their website in addition to the Steam page to get the most out of this impressive free title. Steve’s crippling addiction to Candy Crush Saga continues unabashed, and I’d rather not talk about it if that’s alright with you.

Steam Broadcasting was not a Thing yet when we recorded – we’ll probably talk about that next time.

So come on in. Loosen that belt, take a spot on the couch, try to forget how much you ate at the Thanksgiving table, and join us for the Immortal Machines Post-Tryptophan Edition.

Hosted and Summarized by Eric [Ravenlock]
Participants are Robert [Trebor], Steve [Dukefrukem] and Clayton [Voodoo]
Produced by Clayton [Voodoo]

(Have you followed our Twitter feed? That’s a thing you could do.)

iTunes ... RSS
Ravenlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:24 PM   #2
Dukefrukem
Awesomeness

Send a message via AIM to Dukefrukem Send a message via Yahoo to Dukefrukem
In reference to the Boderlands: Pre-Sequel Bug Discussion at 24:50

PSN: Dukefrukem XBL: Dukefrukem Steam: Dukefrukem Battlenet: Dukefrukem#1729

Currently Playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
So now we're positing that the deliberate stagnation of technology is a good thing? Hardware makers should just stop making new shit why, exactly? Because you're too cheap to buy a new card every few years?
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-20-2014, 08:42 PM   #3
Ravenlock
Thx for the scarf, Sadie!

Niiiiiiice.

Having now built my rig (which will get discussed on the next episode) and played all the way through Assassin's Creed: Unity (which was free), I'm much more positive on that game than I was in the episode due to the review buzz.

It's a damn shame that game got rushed to the point where it had so many technical flaws, because damn if I didn't enjoy playing it the whole way through. Granted, I've literally got a brand new rig, so I'm running it off an SSD with an i7 and a GTX 980. But under those conditions, it ran great the whole time, looked phenomenal, and was a ton of fun.

They should have let Rogue be the game for the end of this year, and pushed Unity to 2015 when it'd be fully baked. But they didn't.

But if you've got the rig to run it now, or after they patch it up, I recommend it.
Listen to me rant on the Immortal Machines PC Gaming Podcast!
I also run Erratic Gamer, and sometimes write about games there.
Ravenlock is offline   Reply With Quote