welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 11-23-2008, 06:50 PM   #1
Dave
100% Death Proof

Thumbs up Music: GNR & White Zombie

I was in Best Buy and saw that Chinese Democracy came out today. Anyone get this? And if so, how is it?

Also, just as a head's up (if you didn't know), the White Zombie boxset Let Sleeping Corpses Lie comes out tomorrow. I think it's got four CDs and a DVD, so if you're a fan of WZ check it out. I'll probably be picking this up myself.

"Dave, the Cogger, he likes roller girls. Came from Alabama and now he lives in "CO". Big fan of Rollins, and of Zeppelin. Once bought a DS, just to play dodge ball.

He is a Dave I know, I know, he is a Dave I know." - Bone
Dave is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-23-2008, 09:04 PM   #2
Dark Acre Jack
INDIE GOD

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark Acre Jack
I bought Chinese Democracy as soon as it came out this morning on iTunes and it's been on loop ever since.

Is it good? I like it, because it sounds like 10 years of well-constructed guitar on top of just the right balance of near-prog rhythm, and Axl sounds EXACTLY as he did at the end of "Use Your Illusion".

Oh, and the lyrics are very interpretive, so I have a feeling that most of the people that listen to them will come to different conclusions about what Axl's trying to say, which I think is pretty much the ideal when songwriting ("Stairway to Heaven", or any songs by Nirvana).

I spent 10 bucks for it, a dollar a year for Axl's hard work, not sure if I'd have spent more though. But could be I'm just a cheap bastard.
Old 11-23-2008, 09:09 PM   #3
Camel
The Dude abides.

I might buy Chinese Democracy and just keep it in the plastic, and then tell stories about it to future generations.
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 12:06 AM   #4
Rune_74
Colonist

I like it....catcher in the rye is cool....as well this I love....actually found myself humming the last one...

I was a huge fan when they before they dissappeared until now.

I'm impressed.
Rune_74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2008, 11:41 AM   #5
biosc1
monoputer

Well...it is the top album on iTunes right now...I will have to see how I feel about this.

Listening to the previews...I'm torn...Previews don't really let me hear enough...but $9.99 for 10 songs isn't a bad deal...I do love my old Guns 'N Roses stuff...

Last edited by biosc1; 11-24-2008 at 11:45 AM.
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote