welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 03-27-2012, 07:22 PM   #61
Spigot
Turn Me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I was thinking of something you said a week or more ago about ME3. You said you met up with some tough Geth in MP. I wondered how bad could the Geth be. Ok, I found out in SP. I don't want to think of a horde of them in MP coming at you.
The problem with the Geth in MP is that all three different types of enemies (Geth/Reapers/Cerberus) play very differently. I spent a lot of time fighting Reapers that weekend and when I would do a match against Geth, my tactics didn't work that well and we got munched.

Now that I've put in time with all three enemy types, I feel a lot more comfortable at whatever they throw at me. A lot of it depends on the squad I'm with though and how well they work as a team.
Old 03-27-2012, 07:30 PM   #62
jpublic
I am the Dangan

So Demons Winter is done.

Basically, the plot like this:

-your city is destroyed by kobolds.
-you kill the kobolds, and get led to Xeres.
-you kill Xeres, and discover he was Malfion's patsy
-you find out killing X released M
-in finding more about M you get a couple items that protect you from his wrath, in retaliation he KILLS ALL THE GODS.
-the ancients turn one of your party into a god so he can lock M back up
-you end up traveling through time so you can unlock the path to M, in retaliation he breaks the Shard of Spring (the key item from the first game) and causes an ice age, killing all the towns
- you get to M, defeat him, and you get a special ending based on who was made a god (different one for each class)

I think I'm going to try Dragon Wars now. I'm still working at Champions of Krynn, too.

"The closest they came [to] Platonic ideas is [using] two paper plates for lunch." --Pale Ale
jpublic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:19 PM   #63
Xydarc
Time to rage

Ah Syndicate, you are so damn fun. One of the missions has you invading a town whose mayor has died recently. You have to eliminate all rival Syndicate agents. My strategy? Run around the entire town with the Persuadetron, which turns them all into my followers. A couple agents were stubborn, and they fell swiftly to my Uzis.
I made Druss the Legend and he barely wears anything so I had to get some Grand Soulgem enchantment up in that codpiece hahaha.
Xydarc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:20 PM   #64
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Hot damn Fallout 3 with these mods is the best thing ever.

I think I have logged 30 hours in a just a couple days. Finally got some kits to make special grenades. Got one that unleashes fire, another ice, and another that releases gas than lights on fire and makes a massive explosion.

Now I just got my nailgun. Posting zombies up against the walls of megaton as they screen. Leave them to die slowly...as a warning to more of there kind.

30 hours and I have only be able to investigate about 14 places. The last time I played I had seen over 100 by then. But the game has such a different feel. Its a bit like minecraft where you have to go out and do activities during the day then during the night hide form the hordes but if you brave the night you can end up getting some insane stuff. Hot damn.

I think the best mods are those that don't just augment but also change the way the game 'feels' these do that.

Also Minecraft...motherfucker it is a screwjob. I keep turning it off...then back on for a bit more, then off...then back on...then off...what the hell there is a diamond down there...ok...hours later.
4 deaths later
Still no diamond...still trying to get it.

Gamertag: Malanthrax

Last edited by Karak; 03-27-2012 at 08:28 PM.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-27-2012, 08:55 PM   #65
EWolfmanD
Investigation Team

I made it to day 7 in DS2. I can't really discuss any of it without spoilers though.

I'm still behind on a few of my demons. I might need to do a few free battles to earn the macca I need to afford it. First, I need to figure out exactly what kind of demons I want and find a few that will be harder to kill.

I also made it past those ruins in Tales of Graces f. I had some guesses for what would happen there, but didn't expect what did happen. Next up is riding a boat to some new island.
Old 03-28-2012, 02:55 AM   #66
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xydarc View Post
Ah Syndicate, you are so damn fun. One of the missions has you invading a town whose mayor has died recently. You have to eliminate all rival Syndicate agents. My strategy? Run around the entire town with the Persuadetron, which turns them all into my followers. A couple agents were stubborn, and they fell swiftly to my Uzis.
Uzis. I haven't heard that word in years in a movie or a game. That brought back some nice nostalgia but even more wanting to play this game.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post

Also Minecraft...motherfucker it is a screwjob. I keep turning it off...then back on for a bit more, then off...then back on...then off...what the hell there is a diamond down there...ok...hours later.
4 deaths later
Still no diamond...still trying to get it.
I know you love games but there was something funny about this. I read your game re-playing as "wam-bam-thank you ma'am" but minecraft has you cuddling in bed. Except you are cuddling with a prostitute who is charging you by the half hour. Nicely done Minecraft, nicely done.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:08 AM   #67
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

Mozilla just made a HTML5 Mumorpagah!
http://browserquest.mozilla.org/

I can't play it, probably because of latency.

LATENCY!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 03:31 AM   #68
muddi900

Also, playing Mickey Mania reminded me why a game like Rayman: Origins doesn't work(sorry EG); The limited lives and playing the game all over again was annoying, but it also what provided tension. Having to do all those levels gave you, the player a sense of danger when jumping over fatal chasms and boiling lava. I don't think modern game designers appreciate limited tries anymore.

EDIT:

Quote:
"An Internet."
Quote:
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 03:56 AM   #69
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post

I HATE YOU BIOWARE!!!!!
That is the look of Karak at the end of ME3.

You know a game has me when I play before work. I really don't like playing a game before work because i'll dally way to long making myself late or self-inflicted rushing really. But dammit ME3...you have done that...again. I'm now 34 hrs in. I don't want to know what that equals to in real time.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 04:27 AM   #70
muddi900

That's with MP right? Because the game isn't that big!

Also, the SNES version of Mickey Mania sucked, surprisingly. Also, there's a MegaCD version. I must find it!

Quote:
"An Internet."
Quote:
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
Old 03-28-2012, 05:34 AM   #71
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Quote:
I'm now 34 hrs in. I don't want to know what that equals to in real time.
Roughly 34 hours
Blog: Rise
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 06:02 AM   #72
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
Quite a number of different choices with that one. I know I did one way and peeked at a few other outcomes.

So did you ever find radioactive suit? And if you did...did you find out where you would use it? Checking to see how much exploring you did with your 30 hrs. I'm sure it was quite a bit but there is some odd stuff in NV to be found.
Yep, I found the radiation suit, at least one, on a corpse near a toxic waste dump close to Novac. I'm not sure if it's where you're referring to, but it came in handy quite a bit in Vault 34 with the cracked reactor. Even with that I ended up using a shit ton of Rad-X and Radaway (and still left with level 1 radiation poisoning), but I cleaned that place out aside from one locked gun locker that requires 100 Lockpick skill, but I'll be back for that.

I didn't get to play at all last night, I fell asleep next Ms Preggers pretty early, but I'll try to get time in tonight. Exploring the strip I'm sure will take quite a while.
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:05 AM   #73
MagGnome

Hi everyone!

BACK TO HOMEWORK /internal voice

Bye everyone!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reverant View Post
I last night, I dreamed I overclocked a bar of Irish Spring.
I've been having absolutely zany dreams lately. I had one about GOG.com's relaunch the other night wherein their new site was like something off of Geocities in 1995. I also had a very long dream wherein my dad lived in a lavish mansion and I was friends with Newt Gingrich. Eww.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:06 AM   #74
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:

I know you love games but there was something funny about this. I read your game re-playing as "wam-bam-thank you ma'am" but minecraft has you cuddling in bed. Except you are cuddling with a prostitute who is charging you by the half hour. Nicely done Minecraft, nicely done.
Ya its a damn amazing game.

As for Fallout 3...

6 hours of playing last night and I found only 3 more more places. Most of my time was spent in almost freakish terror as I ran from building to building in Grayditch. Fire ants and zombies went head to head with the fire ants winning decisively due to their slightly faster speed and fire weapon. I spent that time making sure both groups didn't corner me.

My favorite moment was a 35 minute sprint around the town gathering zombies up like some strange mobile magnet, them shambling behind me in a moaning conga-line, and leading them smack dab into a fire-ant nest. I sprinted through the nest, leaped over the fire ants and the zombies tromped in behind me. I spent another 10 minutes watches as they were neatly dispatched leaving me with a couple fire ants to clean up and grayditch almost deserted of all enemies. Finished up the quest there, saved a boy and then climbed behind the bar of the trolly car cafe for a quick rest.

Gamertag: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:18 AM   #75
MagGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by muddi900 View Post
That is beautiful.
Old 03-28-2012, 10:27 AM   #76
Spigot
Turn Me

Oh man. I just met up with a character that died on my ME2 suicide run. Well played and very unexpected, Bioware. Brought a huge smile to my face (and I know something will go horribly wrong, so I expect it to bring a huge frown later on).
Old 03-28-2012, 12:02 PM   #77
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

I wish we peed ink. That way, I'd know more easily whose hands I should and shouldn't shake.

I'm thinking about nabbing the original Guild Wars as I settle in for the long wait for GW2. I've ever played it, and the sequel is supposedly to be fairly different, but I'm curious to see what its like. Plus, if I really get into it, I can get the final expansion and unlock goodies for GW2 . I thought about going back to TOR, but it took all of ten minutes of reading the forums to remember why I quit in the first place.
Old 03-28-2012, 12:59 PM   #78
Pale Ale
Ricardo Verboten

Quote:
I wish we peed ink. That way, I'd know more easily whose hands I should and shouldn't shake.

I'm thinking about nabbing the original Guild Wars as I settle in for the long wait for GW2. I've ever played it, and the sequel is supposedly to be fairly different, but I'm curious to see what its like. Plus, if I really get into it, I can get the final expansion and unlock goodies for GW2 . I thought about going back to TOR, but it took all of ten minutes of reading the forums to remember why I quit in the first place.
At first I was going to say no, but then... Where is the entertainment value in that? Step boldly into that filth young man! You may even like it

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 02:08 PM   #79
Reverant
Shaven, Not Stirred

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pale Ale View Post
At first I was going to say no, but then... Where is the entertainment value in that? Step boldly into that filth young man! You may even like it
I really have no idea where to even begin. Would I just... drink the ink?
Old 03-28-2012, 02:24 PM   #80
Pale Ale
Ricardo Verboten

Quote:
I really have no idea where to even begin. Would I just... drink the ink?
Why not, I'll be it tastes just like Guild Wars.

Steam: stalecandy
PSN: Stalecandy9
Pale Ale is offline   Reply With Quote