welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 03-23-2012, 06:16 AM   #1
DoctorFinger
Editor in Chief

Epic Mickey 2 The Power of 2

Click to see the rest of the images

I'm a day late on this, but I know some of you will want to chime in on it. Disney has announced Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two for the 360, PS3 and Wii this fall. The game returns Mickey to the Wasteland, that limbo-like place inhabited by forgotten Disney characters and attractions. But Mickey isn't alone. He's joined by Oswald the Lucky Rabbit, one of the key players from the original Epic Mickey, as a playable character. Oh, and Epic Mickey 2 is a musical. At various points both Mickey and Oswald will break into song to advance the plot, and the instrumental score will change based on choices the player makes. It sounds strange at first, but really is there anything more classically Disney than a musical?

Mickey and Oswald will play differently, Mickey returns with his magic paintbrush, while Oswald can control electricity and use his ears as a helicopter. But it does not sound like there will be multiplayer of any sort, so no co-op play, just switching out.

The early leaked artwork for the original Epic Mickey was exciting. Interesting. But once we started actually seeing the game in action, much of the edginess seen in those leaked images was gone. Critical reception to the game was mixed, and while sales were good, they weren't the blockbuster numbers Disney wanted. That was partly due to the Wii's already shriveling base. Moving the sequel to all three major platforms will likely bolster sales numbers.

Look for Epic Mickey 2: The Power of Two this fall on the 360, PS3 and Wii.
DoctorFinger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 06:50 AM   #2
bean
Banned

I never played the first one because it wasn't on HD consoles. Is the gameplay any good?
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:34 AM   #3
Jboy001
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to Jboy001
I was curious about the Wii version but couldn't be bothered to hook that console back up, I will definitely keep my eye on this for xbox.

BTW, Co-optimus disagrees with you on there being co-op in the game

http://www.co-optimus.com/article/79...een-co-op.html
Jboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 07:36 AM   #4
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Wasn't the Wii game considered decent but with an abysmal camera? I could see getting this for the kids eventually, but I personally have zero interest.
DananRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:07 AM   #5
MosBen
Colonist

Gorvi, yes, I think I remember most people liking it well enough, though it wasn't amazing. I think the vast majority of negativity it received was from people that had totally unrealistic expectations for what it would be based on the concept art. Or, I suppose more charitably, really wanted a game like they imagined from the concept art, and this wasn't that game (which, to be less charitable, they really should have expected).
MosBen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:23 AM   #6
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Wasn't the Wii game considered decent but with an abysmal camera? I could see getting this for the kids eventually, but I personally have zero interest.
The game was a lot of fun. I could see your sons really enjoying the game. The camera at times was a challenge. I remember cursing a number of times wanting to lynch the person/s responsible for its implementation. It didn't ruin the game however. Trying to find all the "collectibles" seemed like it was worth it since finding them all affecting the ending in small ways. If you have a Wii i'd say try to find it in the bargain bin.

I think Spigot was the other person I know who was enjoying the game. I am looking forward to the sequel. I wish they could put the original on the Xbox/PS systems for more gamers to get a chance to play the game.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 08:51 AM   #7
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

You had me at musical!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:19 PM   #8
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here.

I can't see 360/PS3 gamers buying a musical game about Disney.
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIntrude View Post
Hit B to enter FPS 3rd person shooter mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandabo View Post
I think my brain just broke reading that...
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2012, 02:26 PM   #9
AyeEmBored
He is bored.

Here's ONE 360 gamer who will!

(Hopes that this means that there'll be, somehow, a release of the first game for 360/PS3. Doubtful, but for Nintendo I've been one of those gamers who picks up the console when it's dead and buys the Marios and Zeldas used when people are ditching their consoles at garage sales and such.)
Old 03-23-2012, 11:10 PM   #10
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by AyeEmBored View Post
Here's ONE 360 gamer who will!

(Hopes that this means that there'll be, somehow, a release of the first game for 360/PS3. Doubtful, but for Nintendo I've been one of those gamers who picks up the console when it's dead and buys the Marios and Zeldas used when people are ditching their consoles at garage sales and such.)
If this means you will do the same for EM so you can play it then try to find the CE for it. Having a paintbrush for a Wiimote is worth it. That's saying a lot coming from me considering how much I hate the wiimote. But yeah, you would really like the game. Don't wait. Go garage sale hunting now.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-26-2012, 11:04 AM   #11
Stmfuller
Actually Graduated

the first one was a solid (if not slightly unwhelming due to the published items that came out many months prior to the actual release) 3D platformer with a few camera issues.
But the game warrants another one, it was still pretty fun.