welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Life Off Colony > The Lounge

Old 03-25-2012, 02:06 PM   #101
Akion-Totocha
Useless Input

Maybe give it to day 14 before you call your doc?
Akion-Totocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 06:24 PM   #102
Cpl_Punnishment
Canis meus id comedit

That was kind of my line of thinking as well.
Old 03-28-2012, 07:42 AM   #103
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

Since this seems to be the kind of thing for this thread, I've recently been taking Celexa, and it's wonderful, but there's some strange side-effects vis-a-vis blood pressure. I get kinda funny in the head for a bit after I've been laying down for a while, sometimes I get a throbbing vessel under my right eye, but the weirdest stuff is downstairs.

I've been getting a sort of insomnia, because when I lay down, after a few hours in bed, this tendency for blood to rush to one place, all goes to the place between the legs. It then becomes increasingly difficult to sleep because of the rather large and persistent prominence in my nether regions, until finally I have to get up and sit down for a while, usually taking this opportunity to take a leak. If I do this, all the blood rushes back to my head and generally it goes away pretty immediately, though sometimes it will literally return the instant I lay down again.

Tonight, it got so bad after the second or third one of the night that it actually started to hurt. Sharp, stabbing pains in the end of the thing, perfectly times with my heart beat. I had to get up. I couldn't lay down anymore because the second I did, it would start to rush the blood back down there and hurt again.

Of course, the flipside to this is that once vertical, it actually becomes difficult at times to maintain the same reaction, so enjoying adult material becomes at times a sprint, rushing to maintain enough stimulation to keep things moving, even though it now often takes much longer to do that sort of thing and is prone to false finishes and sudden loss of interest in the nether parts.

I love the Celexa, it has been almost like a miracle for me. I feel happier than I can even remember feeling in ages, and the things it does for my mood and my ability to find joy and awesome in things is astounding. I've been incredibly productive since it started working because I can actually feel accomplishment now where I never could before.

But if you'd told me that would come with sharp throbbing genital pains in the middle of the night, I might've passed on that alone.

Arcana Rising - An Urban Fantasy Roleplaying Game, powered by Hulks and Horrors.
Hulks and Horrors - A Sci-Fi Roleplaying game of Exploration and Dungeon Adventure
Heaven's Shadow - A Roleplaying Game of Faith and Assassination
J Arcane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:46 PM   #104
Akion-Totocha
Useless Input

Anti-d's come with a lot of side-effects, but it could be that you're allergic. My dad is allergic to Levothyroxine, and has to take beta blockers.

But it seems to be your body reacting to one of the side-effects. Speak to your doctor. Perhaps you'll be able to take Celexia too, and something else to counter the blood pressure changes.
Akion-Totocha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 08:59 PM   #105
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

Talked to the doc today, she wants me to try taking half a tablet for a while, see if that makes a difference. We also discussed taking it a different time of the day.

If neither of those make it stop, she said she will probably put me on something else, as priapism of this nature can cause nasty damage downstairs.

Arcana Rising - An Urban Fantasy Roleplaying Game, powered by Hulks and Horrors.
Hulks and Horrors - A Sci-Fi Roleplaying game of Exploration and Dungeon Adventure
Old 03-28-2012, 09:07 PM   #106
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Can't you just wank it? O_o
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:21 PM   #107
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

You ever try to rub out morning wood?

It's not the pleasurable kind of excitement.

Old 03-28-2012, 09:25 PM   #108
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
You ever try to rub out morning wood?

It's not the pleasurable kind of excitement.
You're doing it wrong.

But no I've experienced critical mass. If that's what you're really getting.
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #109
Cpl_Punnishment
Canis meus id comedit

FYI. Day 13 and no pain.
Boys are about normal.
I called the doc about the new addition (grape sized lump on the left side).
They said I probably "over did things" too soon... Try heat, and basically deal with it. Could be a hematoma and will eventually work itself out aka:be absorbed.

It's mildly painful if squeezed gently but unnoticeable 99% of the time.
Just pisses me off that shit down there is "different" since being cut.

Also worth noting... Everything is functional. And don't worry, I realize I'm not officially steril yet. I don't think my wife's hair can get pregnant though haha

I'll report back as things change.

Also, day 12 the stitches and scab fell off. Aside from a nice divot on the right side, I appear to be intact.
Old 03-28-2012, 09:29 PM   #110
Vanthar
Colonist

Quote:
Talked to the doc today, she wants me to try taking half a tablet for a while, see if that makes a difference. We also discussed taking it a different time of the day.

If neither of those make it stop, she said she will probably put me on something else, as priapism of this nature can cause nasty damage downstairs.
Congratulations, you are the 1%. Priapism is a very rare, but serious side effect of Celexa (and other SSRIs). It's only when you lay down too, huh? That part's weird, maybe blood pressure related and the etiology of priapism is generally poorly understood. The rest of your side effects (sexual dysfunction/blood pressure) are typical of SSRIs unfortunately. Hopefully the lower dose still gives you benefits and reduces the side effects!

Last edited by Vanthar; 03-28-2012 at 09:32 PM.
Vanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-28-2012, 09:38 PM   #111
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanthar View Post
Congratulations, you are the 1%. Priapism is a very rare, but serious side effect of Celexa (and other SSRIs). It's only when you lay down too, huh? That part's weird, maybe blood pressure related and the etiology of priapism is generally poorly understood. The rest of your side effects (sexual dysfunction/blood pressure) are typical of SSRIs unfortunately. Hopefully the lower dose still gives you benefits and reduces the side effects!
Woo! I is a freak!

And yeah, I expected things being a little funky downstairs, but the combination of the mental stimulation and the unfortunate persistence of the nocturnal events has rather fucked up my sleep patterns. I can frequently only sleep like 4 and 5 hours at a time. It pretty much goes: go to sleep, become vaguely aware of uncomfortable boner, try to ignore boner but get increasingly uncomfortable, get up and go to bathroom, by the time I'm done in bathroom brain is in full activity mode and I have to stay awake for another 1-2 hours minimum before I can get back to sleep.

It's frustrating. Hopefully reducing the dose will do it without losing the awesome. Because the awesome is pretty fuckin' great. I've been more productive in the last few weeks than I've been in years. It's amazing.

But I don't really want a boner explosion.

Old 04-03-2012, 07:53 PM   #112
PathMaster
My life for Aiur!

Not helpful right now, but if it were available in the US and I chose to do this? I could not watch this being done to me at all.

Quote:
One downside -- depending on how you feel about shots -- is that it requires the man's penis to be injected with a polymer gel called Vasalgel, after a local anesthetic has been given. The substance works by breaking apart sperm.

The whole procedure takes about 15 minutes and lasts ten years or more and is more easily reversible than a vasectomy.
Old 04-11-2012, 07:38 AM   #113
Ink Asylum
From the Ninth World

Relevant:
Old 04-11-2012, 07:49 AM   #114
Clark
I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Asylum View Post
Relevant:

SO relevant! This happened to me!

Just set up my 3-month follow up appointment. I can FINALLY masturbate in a public place without fear of being arrested!
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 07:52 AM   #115
Ink Asylum
From the Ninth World

Yeah, from all the horror stories I've read, the key piece of advice is ASK FOR MORE ANESTHESIA.
Old 04-11-2012, 08:38 AM   #116
Dorkandproudofit
Thread Killer

Quote:
Relevant:
Did anyone else here involuntarily cross their legs after reading the second panel?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
I rub my body down with nutella nightly.

Don't you dare judge me.
Searching for proof that amateur writers can beat pros, occasionally.
Dorkandproudofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:12 PM   #117
Clark
I would.

Quote:
Yeah, from all the horror stories I've read, the key piece of advice is ASK FOR MORE ANESTHESIA.
My quote was: "I FELT THAT." Through gritted teeth.
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 12:14 PM   #118
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

As a minor update, I lost the awesome. Sometimes it's almost there, but then it isn't, especially when it counts.

And it'll be two weeks before I can see my doctor again.

I'm half tempted to up my dosage. But I don't really want to explode my penis, or whatever it is that priapism does to you.

Old 04-11-2012, 01:04 PM   #119
Vanthar
Colonist

Quote:
As a minor update, I lost the awesome. Sometimes it's almost there, but then it isn't, especially when it counts.

And it'll be two weeks before I can see my doctor again.

I'm half tempted to up my dosage. But I don't really want to explode my penis, or whatever it is that priapism does to you.
Your doc might try a different med. I wouldn't up the dosage if it's causing priapism, unless you dislike having a penis.
Vanthar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2012, 01:12 PM   #120
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanthar View Post
Your doc might try a different med. I wouldn't up the dosage if it's causing priapism, unless you dislike having a penis.
Yeah, it's likely we'll switch to something else when I see her. It's just frustrating because I'm going through some shit right now where I could actually use the help, and it's not there.

I know that's the kind of thing I was always afraid to say about this kind of thing, but well, I'm too old to get persnickety about it, I just want to be fully functioning again.