welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Life Off Colony > The Lounge

Old 03-17-2012, 01:44 PM   #81
Kielaran
Needs to NaNo

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
Heh, I didn't mean to embarrass you. It's just an example of how long we've all been hanging out together online.
Haha, no worries. It is crazy how long many of us have know each other. Tbh in three years or so, I will probably be making a thread like this too.
Old 03-17-2012, 03:32 PM   #82
Clark
I would.

I had one a couple of months ago.

I went in feeling good. Not really freaked out, not worried. The procedure starts with shots which really don't hurt. The doc tells me "let me know if you feel ANYTHING." Will do do, will do.

I feel some tugging on the left side and look down to see some blood on his gloves, which is a little messed up, but I'm still golden.

He cuts into the pouch to do the other side. Feel pressure but nothing else. Let's get this done. He snips that side AND IT HURTS LIKE A MOFO!!!!! I grit my teeth and tell him "I. FELT. THAT." He quickly jabs me with another shot and the pain is gone. But the damage has been done to my psyche. I did not expect pain.

Using boxers, frozen peas, and sleeping with a pillow between my legs for like a week helped a TON.
I start to sweat like a virgin on prom night. Like POURING sweat. My head is soaked and I have a brief moment to feel sorry for the doc if my balls are doing the same. I feel like I want to vomit. The doc and nurse are clearly worried about me and begin talking about anything and everything to keep my mind off of what is happening. They go as far as to ask what kind of car I drive.

After it is done they have me hang out for 10 minutes to be sure I'm OK. Then they tell me that they have had DOZENS of men pass out before, during, and after the procedure. The nurse said it is always awkward for her to go out into the waiting room and tell the wife "Your husband is passed out on the floor."
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-17-2012, 04:11 PM   #83
Bad Buddha
Windburnt wildman

I had it done about 20 years ago. Best decision we ever made. Spontaneity with no worries is a great aphrodisiac.

I didn't have much apprehension and didn't mind the cut too much; the local was doing a good job numbing the general area. The thing that I remember is when the doctor pulled on the tubes to cut and tie them off, I felt it pull all the way to my feet!

I never even considered putting an ice pack on my balls, but for the next couple of days that ice pack was my best buddy!

Never regretted it, never had any issues.
Old 03-17-2012, 11:59 PM   #84
MagGnome

To be fair, Bad Buddha is a bad ass. He could have had his vas deferens ripped out by a grizzly bear and he wouldn't have felt a thing.
Old 03-18-2012, 12:26 AM   #85
Dorkandproudofit
Thread Killer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
To be fair, Bad Buddha is a bad ass. He could have had his vas deferens ripped out by a grizzly bear and he wouldn't have felt a thing.
The bear, on the other hand....
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
I rub my body down with nutella nightly.

Don't you dare judge me.
Searching for proof that amateur writers can beat pros, occasionally.
Dorkandproudofit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 03:39 AM   #86
bean
Banned

Here's my plan: Insist she gets HER junk fixed. They can rip all that plumbing out so she doesn't have to deal with menopause, she doesn't have to deal with periods, and she doesn't have to worry about ovarian cancer, etc.

Sure, it's an incredibly invasive surgery, but it's HER incredibly invasive surgery.

Just kidding. I'm actually down to one nut due to fighting off testicular cancer, and I don't have any kids yet due to not being settled (and thus always wearing a hat), so this isn't in the cards yet.
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:44 AM   #87
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Quote:
Originally Posted by bean View Post
Here's my plan: Insist she gets HER junk fixed. They can rip all that plumbing out so she doesn't have to deal with menopause, she doesn't have to deal with periods, and she doesn't have to worry about ovarian cancer, etc.
I know you're just joking, but from what I understand, having this done for the woman basically STARTS menopause. That actually seems like the biggest reason not to do it.
TheKeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 09:47 AM   #88
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Asylum View Post
Pulling out is also one of the least effective forms of birth control. Just so you know.
Actually some research wasn't done to long ago stating the opposite. I wish I could find it, but at the moment I can't.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post

I.... Uh...

.................................................. .................................................

Damnit.

Anyways, I've managed to dodge the bullet since 2004 using that pull out method. I'm pretty sure that my luck might run out sooner or later.
You have had success for 8 yrs? I think this shows the method works better than most people have been told/taught. I've used the same method for 9 and I am not worried my luck is going to run out.

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:00 AM   #89
Cpl_Punnishment
Canis meus id comedit

So day three here. Still icing my junk. Pain is there and noticeable when I bend over.
Balls look like they went a few rounds with Mike Tyson...bruised and a bit swollen, but again. Tolerable.
Still walking like I ride a horse to work.

Seems to be better.

For those that have had this done, at what point do you recall being healed to the point of not worrying about fucking yourself up? A week? Two?
I am so overprotective of my sack at this point it has become an obsession
Old 03-18-2012, 10:04 AM   #90
Clark
I would.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpl_Punnishment View Post
So day three here. Still icing my junk. Pain is there and noticeable when I bend over.
Balls look like they went a few rounds with Mike Tyson...bruised and a bit swollen, but again. Tolerable.
Still walking like I ride a horse to work.

Seems to be better.

For those that have had this done, at what point do you recall being healed to the point of not worrying about fucking yourself up? A week? Two?
I am so overprotective of my sack at this point it has become an obsession
I was about 99% after a week. Still a little tender, but golden. Are you at the stage where your abdomen is hurting?
Clark is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2012, 10:26 AM   #91
Cpl_Punnishment
Canis meus id comedit

Abdomen pain...
Too general.
I am at a point where (forgive the over descriptiveness)
My scrotum and lower shaft is showing bruising.
My sack is swollen, but not obscenely so.
Testicles feel fine but scrotum feels full (puffy)
Pain seems to be centered beneath and behind the scrotum toward the thighs -like a groin pull, and in front/above the sack, but low enough I wouldn't call it "abdomen".
The sack of peas spend equal time in front and behind the sack.
Overall I feel better today, maybe I just over did it yesterday running around all over the place running errands. Today I plan on relaxing, going to a movie and lounging around my parents house as they have invited myself and my twins over for dinner.
The wife is still out of town with the baby till tomorrow.
Old 03-18-2012, 10:56 AM   #92
Ink Asylum
From the Ninth World

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
Actually some research wasn't done to long ago stating the opposite. I wish I could find it, but at the moment I can't.

You have had success for 8 yrs? I think this shows the method works better than most people have been told/taught. I've used the same method for 9 and I am not worried my luck is going to run out.
Planned Parenthood ranks it alongside condoms and other forms of physical birth control.
Old 03-19-2012, 02:13 AM   #93
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

I seen this on a episode of Home Improvement. Seemed doable although a few years ago I was told I might not be able to have kids anyway. Not having a significant other, I haven't bothered to look into it further.
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2012, 08:20 AM   #94
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

I believe used correctly is a given.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 12:29 AM   #95
Dark Acre Jack
INDIE GOD

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark Acre Jack
Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post

Same. High-fives for either being outliers or sterile!
Old 03-22-2012, 08:05 PM   #96
zarathstra
Hoary Host of Hoggoth

Send a message via AIM to zarathstra
When not pregnant, my wife takes birth control for medical reasons, so I don't see any need for snipping anytime soon. I know, objectively, that's its minor surgery, but DAMN.

Wii: 5005 7050 7436 5446
SSB:B: 1504-9932-5744

XBL: tszarathstra
Steam: zarathstra
zarathstra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-22-2012, 09:48 PM   #97
Bad Buddha
Windburnt wildman

I knew a guy at a former work place that had the procedure done and then woke up in the middle of the night with a scrotum the size of a grapefruit; they missed cauterizing a capillary and it had been leaking into his scrotum since the procedure.

I held that guy in esteem ever since.
Old 03-24-2012, 08:59 PM   #98
bean
Banned

So your scrotum is smaller than a grapefruit?
bean is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 07:22 AM   #99
Angie7F
Colonist

it sound like a good idea and wouldnt stop my BF if he wanted to get one, but OMG, the idea freaks me out!

I am ok with blood etc, but that tugging you feel despite the anesthesia freak me out.
Angie7F is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-25-2012, 09:23 AM   #100
Cpl_Punnishment
Canis meus id comedit

Update:
Day 10. A couple of days is all it takes, my ass...
Walking and moving pretty much normal now.
Getting in and out of cars still sucks.
After a long day at work on my feet I tend to gravitate to the ever loving bag of frozen peas.
scrotum still bruised and about 1.5x normal size. Stitches itch and still haven't fallen out yet.
Hopefully a few more days and I'll be good as new.