welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 03-12-2012, 08:46 PM   #1
Datul
Warren Is My Wingman

Thursday Night Pre PaxE Gathering

Pax East is rapidly approaching and since I have yet to see a thread about hangouts, gatherings, and/or contact methods, I have deemed it necessary to start this one.

Most of the fun in these cons is garnered for me by hanging with the cool, the fools, and the others which we spend our days with online. There's been a grand tradition of setting up a meetup prior to the festivities official of Pax.

In this tradition, I offer the following suggestions:

Near Convention Center:

Legal Test Kitchen
Full dinner spread, slightly on the pricey side.

The Whiskey Priest
Irish style, lots of whiskeys and beer.

A short T ride from anywhere in Boston:

Cambridge Common
This website hurts me, greatly. But still I like what I've seen about this place.

Sunset Grill
Best Beer Selection in Boston - no lie, they have 120+ taps. Prices are decent, and Voodoo and Warren can attest to the quality here.

I'm not sold on any in particular, and it's been a couple years since I've been to beantown. Anyone with a suggestion please fill me in asap.

Sign up below and I'll try to get us reservations. I'm looking for a headcount by 3/28 to give us a full week in advance for booking.
GT: Datul
PSN: Datul
Datul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-02-2012, 03:58 PM   #2
Datul
Warren Is My Wingman

Well, it's week of the convention, and my massive reply rate has convinced me that this is still a good idea. Rather than choices, I'll just throw out what I'm doing:

Harpoon Brewery Tasting Thursday afternoon (2p or 4p) followed up with a visit to a nearby seafood joint Yankee Lobster Co

My brother Shadowmage, and his gf, will be there. For exact times, PM here or #COGPax on twitter.
GT: Datul
PSN: Datul
Datul is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2012, 05:50 PM   #3
Dukefrukem
Awesomeness

Send a message via AIM to Dukefrukem Send a message via Yahoo to Dukefrukem
Sunset Grill is the greatest. I was actually going to go there tonight but a bunch of people bailed. My plans are for tomorrow @Dukefrukem to get to me.
PSN: Dukefrukem XBL: Dukefrukem Steam: Dukefrukem Battlenet: Dukefrukem#1729 Raptr: Dukefrukem

Currently Playing

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
So now we're positing that the deliberate stagnation of technology is a good thing? Hardware makers should just stop making new shit why, exactly? Because you're too cheap to buy a new card every few years?
Dukefrukem is offline   Reply With Quote