welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 02-20-2012, 05:21 AM   #1
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
WeekDAY gaming(2/20/12)- What are YOU still playing?

And the unpacking begins. However the great move to the new home is over. For the first time in a long time...I have to worry about paying rent Since my future mom-in-law is a member of CoG, I wish to dedicate this WeekDAY thread to her:

To the mom in law who never feels or acts like one:

Thank you for taking me in back in 2003. It was only to be a temporary stay but instead you invited me into your home and your family. From day one, you treated me like a family member. You were there for many good times and certainly were there for the rough ones. You helped us through graduate school, you saw us graduate there to see us start our dreams. ADD and I are here now in our new home very much because of you. Without your help we aren't here now. I never give you a proper goodbye. I felt you were sad enough seeing ADD leave. However maybe you were celebrating me actually leaving the temporary status So here is my "proper" goodbye. Thank you for all you did for me. For us. Now it's time to work on your own path. Disney or Bust Mom, Disney or Bust

Don't forget to keep gaming too.

What are YOU (still) playing?

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:05 AM   #2
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Aw, you're sweet, Purps. Had no idea ADD-Mom was on here. Hope you enjoy your happy home.

This week, I shall be giving my own apartment a 60-day notice. I stayed here for a nice 3 years, but I'm done with it. Too cramped, small kitchen, etc. I have some plans in the working, and if they go well, I'll keep you posted.

Spent some time playing SWTOR and AssRev this weekend. I think I'm on sequence 5 for AssRev and almost have 100% of the shops. The pacing is odd and I think I liked Rome more. But I still can't decide if I like 1 huge city, or the multiple towns of 2. But it's not awful.

The Minstrel quest is hilarious. Spent too much time listening to Ezio's songs.

As for SWTOR, finished up Hoth on my Bounty Hunter.

Well, that's it for the weekend.

This week? Hopefully some more SWTOR and AssRev while tweaking the HTPC. Still don't know how I want to set it up, but it'll be a nice project.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), FFXIV (PC), FFXIII (PC), Theatrhythm: Curtain Call (3DS), Fire Emblem (3DS)
FFXIV: Assyndra Siafu on Hyperion (US)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 06:36 AM   #3
Reverant
The Christmas Beast

Good luck unpacking. It's a process I hated so much we didn't quite finish it up until a year in. Other things I did rather than open up a couple boxes and find a place for their contents: dug a trench, built a fence, built a shelf, built more shelves in the room with unpacked boxes... Moving is the devil. I hate it. Burn, moving! (We'll be moving again within a year and a half.)

TOR: Now that I unsubbed, I'm just going to nab a couple PvP matches here and there with a low level character until my time runs out. What a gross disappointment to make it to the endgame just to discover it'll take weeks of being a blade of grass against packs of vicious lawnmowers to make any progress.

Rocksmith: I am really, really bad at this game, but I just keep coming back. Even my wife likes it.
XBL: The Reverant
Published Book(s)
Website
Reverant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:29 AM   #4
LarsenNET
Colonist

Assassin's Creed: Rev. - I'm close to the end of the 6th sequence, still having a great time with it.

Vita
- I've had this preordered since June 7th, can't wait. I'll take it to the mall immediately after I get it to have a Zagg InvisibleSHIELD put on to protect it. I plan on Super Stardust, Wipeout, & Ninja Gaiden to start. I'll wait for a price drop on Uncharted, also I'm going full digital for the Vita.

Treadmil
l - I got into running last spring and enjoyed it for some good exercise. I stopped after it got cold and I've packed on some weight so I bought a Sole F80 treadmill. Ran on it last night for the first time 60 minutes at 4.5mph. I can barely walk this morning..
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 07:47 AM   #5
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Aside from pining over the fact that I can't afford a Vita right now:

Rayman Origins I've been having a blast playing this with my son, I think sadly we're actually getting close to the end, making the game far shorter than I was hoping. It looks like we've just done the first level in the last world, so we'll have it beaten pretty soon, but we'll likely be going back and getting all of the extra little collectables

Bayonetta I haven't played in a few days, but I want to get back to Bayonetta. I must get back to killing angels with demon hair....

Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion So all the Skyrim talk has finally gotten me to go back to Oblivion. Finding the Game of the Year Edition cheap a month or so ago didn't hurt. I was really rusty, but I completed the quest I was on for the Mage's Guild and grabbed the next one. This is one game I've always been meaning to go back to, I was 115 hours in and never finished the main quest, let alone the Mage's Guild, or even started the Dark Brotherhood. I'll be fixing that soon, I hope.

Terraria I still have no idea what I'm doing half the time, and managing my inventory has become a pain in the ass, but I will soldier on.

Painkiller: Black Edition If I need some mindless killing this will do the job nicely.
DananRonpa 2: Goodbye Despair
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:17 AM   #6
Kelegacy
All Around Nice Guy

More Kingdoms of Amalur. I think I am at 11 hours, which is low with the 4 day weekend I had. Keep getting interrupted. I like the game but compared to a big open game like Skyrim it pales. For what it is, it is good though.
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 08:18 AM   #7
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!

Skyrim and ME3 Multi for me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:32 AM   #8
Entropy
Banned

STALKER Pripyat...I've got a really good list of missions going right now.
Entropy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 09:34 AM   #9
MagGnome

I'm off every day this week except for tomorrow, so I have lots and lots of free time. In addition to homework, I will be doing/playing the following:

UofM Application - I hope to get this turned in today.

Taxes - Hopefully done by the end of the week.

Terraria - I spent several hours playing this last night, until about 1am at which point I had to force myself to stop and go to bed. I found another huge cavern to explore that was loaded with ore, gems, and treasure. I filled up my inventory twice while navigating this cavern. Thankfully I now have a piggy bank so I didn't have to go back to the surface until the very end. I also found the Jungle, both via the overworld and by exploring this cavern. I don't think I'm ready to venture in there just yet, as it is filled with all kinds of monsters. Still, I'd like to start exploring that soon. I also found a few diamonds, and I'm hoping to find more of those and some meteorite so that I can make a phaseblade.

Other Gaming - Age of Wonders, Dwarf Fortress, Adventure Game X, Skyrim...who knows!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gorvi View Post
Terraria I still have no idea what I'm doing half the time, and managing my inventory has become a pain in the ass, but I will soldier on.
Inventory management can be a pain in the game. I have at least six chests in my house that are filled with all kinds of stuff. It's a little ridiculous, but I'm a total hoarder in this game.
Old 02-20-2012, 09:37 AM   #10
Gorvi

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
Inventory management can be a pain in the game. I have at least six chests in my house that are filled with all kinds of stuff. It's a little ridiculous, but I'm a total hoarder in this game.
Oh, Iím a hoarder in every game I play, thatís just my nature. Thing is, and maybe this is because I havenít messed around with it enough, I canít even figure out how to make a chest, let alone just drop things, so Iím stuck with a full inventory right now. Iím sure Iíll figure it out with time, I just didnít have the patience to mess with it when I was playing a bit yesterday afternoon.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:04 AM   #11
Spigot
Turn Me

How did you not get the First Edition bundle, Larsen? You could have been luxuriating in the Vita goodness all week!

Well, I just finished cutting a hole in my ceiling so that the phone technician could splice back the lines on my phone. Upside: I have phone and internet back at my house. Downside: I have a hole in my basement ceiling and we discovered that there is water seeping in around the breaker panel... AGAIN... Stupid POS house...

Anyway, now that that drama is done, we can go have some fun Family Day activities and I can keep debating about whether to bother updating my resume.

When I'm not stuck in an existential or physical crisis, I'll be playing:

Skyrim (PC) - I got another dragon shout last night. I think it makes bunnies frolic around me and birds dance in the skies. Or at least, it should keep the wolves from nipping at my heels so much.

SWTOR (PC) - Assuming that my internet is now stable, I'll try to wrap up the bonus quests on Tatooine.

MW3 (360) - I'm on the third act. I should be able to finish it in about another hour of play or so.

Stuff on the Vita (Vita) - I'm stoked for Katamari this week and hopefully I'll get some proper time to luxuriate in the system.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:18 AM   #12
LarsenNET
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spigot View Post
How did you not get the First Edition bundle, Larsen? You could have been luxuriating in the Vita goodness all week!
The first edition bundle in the US is 3g only.
LarsenNET is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:35 AM   #13
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Holy shit...so Hawkzombie's wife...Frayzombie is your mother in law? Which makes this like 7 degrees of Kevin Bacon fried madness.

I will be playing Sims 3 some more. I have made a thief character who lives with a nice couple who are having problems finding work. All I do is steal their stuff and go out on the town all night...

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:46 AM   #14
MagGnome

Quote:
Oh, I’m a hoarder in every game I play, that’s just my nature. Thing is, and maybe this is because I haven’t messed around with it enough, I can’t even figure out how to make a chest, let alone just drop things, so I’m stuck with a full inventory right now. I’m sure I’ll figure it out with time, I just didn’t have the patience to mess with it when I was playing a bit yesterday afternoon.
Chests are made at the workbench with 8 wood and 2 iron bars.

As for dropping items, I believe that you open your inventory, grab the item, and then just click outside your inventory and it will be dropped. You can delete something entirely by dropping it into your "trash" slot in your inventory. It will actually sit in your trash until you place another item there, so you can actually use this as one slot of extra storage. However, I'm not sure if that item is saved in your inventory when you quit, so be careful.

Also, keep in mind that if you drop an item you will pick it up again when you get close to it, so this isn't the best method for getting rid of things unless you drop them down a hole or something.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:48 AM   #15
jpublic
Threadslayer

I have no idea how you play Sims like that, K. All I remember is sitting there with my Sim, watching him take 45 minutes to answer the doorbell.

I'm probably going to play more KoA:R, and probably stuff on my PSP. I wish SE would release Crisis Core online already.

"The closest they came [to] Platonic ideas is [using] two paper plates for lunch." --Pale Ale
jpublic is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:51 AM   #16
Gorvi

Quote:
Chests are made at the workbench with 8 wood and 2 iron bars.

As for dropping items, I believe that you open your inventory, grab the item, and then just click outside your inventory and it will be dropped. You can delete something entirely by dropping it into your "trash" slot in your inventory. It will actually sit in your trash until you place another item there, so you can actually use this as one slot of extra storage. However, I'm not sure if that item is saved in your inventory when you quit, so be careful.

Also, keep in mind that if you drop an item you will pick it up again when you get close to it, so this isn't the best method for getting rid of things unless you drop them down a hole or something.
That makes sense. I think I'll dig a trash pit in my house, as I don't have any iron bars yet to build chests.
Old 02-20-2012, 10:55 AM   #17
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by jpublic View Post
I have no idea how you play Sims like that, K. All I remember is sitting there with my Sim, watching him take 45 minutes to answer the doorbell.

I'm probably going to play more KoA:R, and probably stuff on my PSP. I wish SE would release Crisis Core online already.
Well I have every expansion so thats fun. But the newer ones remove a great deal of that bullcrap. Also if you live in an apartment versus a home its about 100 x easier. No one can just walk in your door, no burglary, and so forth. So that frees you up. I have been adventuring in China with my main guy which is more like an adventure game than sims, and brings in good amounts of money. So I don't have a 9-5 job which also makes it way more fun.

I have also taken to playing music in the subway to make around 4000 a day in cash. That frees you up to use a maid, which then allows you even more freetime. It took me 3-4 tries to sort out how to be somewhat efficient in what I do. Now I am playing rock gigs and humping groupies. I am also a brown belt in the Simfu so you can go around sparing and putting on martial arts fighting competitions which I didn't even know about.
In the game I mean

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 10:57 AM   #18
Blue
Zealot

Saints Row the Third - Completed all of the collections, side-missions, bought all of the properties and such. Working my way now through stealing all of the cars (at 14 collected, I think) so just jumping in, causing a little mayhem, jumping out. Oddly relaxing.

Tales of the Abyss - Nearing about 10 hours in and still loving it. Didn't play it when it first came out on the PS2 so this is my first time through. Enjoying almost everything about it and I'm pretty sure I haven't even started getting into the meat of the game yet.
Steam: 1flyjedi
Blue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-20-2012, 11:41 AM   #19
MagGnome

Quote:
That makes sense. I think I'll dig a trash pit in my house, as I don't have any iron bars yet to build chests.
I definitely want to see a picture of your trash pit and your house. That cracks me up for some reason.
Old 02-20-2012, 11:44 AM   #20
Gorvi

Quote:
I definitely want to see a picture of your trash pit and your house. That cracks me up for some reason.
Oh, what I have now isn't even a proper house, I just built a bunch of dirt and stone into a shelter so the zombies and eyes couldn't get to me at night, threw in some torches, then started digging down into the floor to explore and mine up some materials. I keep envisioning some invisible man standing over me screaming "You're doing it wrong!".