welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 01-11-2012, 02:28 PM   #1
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

Most hated NHL club?

All hockey fans have their favourite teams, but I am willing to be, they all have their most hated team too. That's what this thread is all about, who do you hate and why?
Old 01-11-2012, 02:34 PM   #2
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

Me, as a Flames fan, I am supposed to hate Edmonton, but I don't... I'm actually rather pulling for them to pull their shit together.

Being in Ontario makes the Maple Leafs an easy team to hate... perpetual losers, deluded fans that still sell out regardless to the piece of shit team fielded on the ice, but truth is, I don't hate them. Their fans can be a little detestable and delusional, but that is to be expected in your home market, especially one as hockey mad as Toronto.

Detroit... oh god I hate so many Detroit players, and this team has been our bane for a number of years. I think the most detestable thing about Detroit has to be the un-even reffing when playing Detroit ( goaltender interference doesn't exist in Detroit it seems... ), but truth is, I can't really blame that on the Team. There have always been certain teams that got golden treatment when it comes to officiating in this league. I do have to give Detroit credit as perhaps the greatest drafting team in the NHL. So nope, not then.

So, who then is my most hated team?

Vancouver.

Because they suck in every measurable metric (except talent). Whiny, diving, cheap, soft, bitchy and worse of all, idiot rioting classless fans.
Old 01-11-2012, 02:48 PM   #3
MalReynolds
Demon of the North

Send a message via MSN to MalReynolds Send a message via Yahoo to MalReynolds Send a message via Skype™ to MalReynolds
id say Flyers or Boston Bruins
MalReynolds#1834

"It's so hard to play Halo 4 and masturbate at the same time."---Squidbot
MalReynolds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 02:58 PM   #4
biosc1
monoputer

Hey now...The Canadiens fans have rioted more often than us!

http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/...rticle2064096/

Personally, I used to hate the Flames back when they were a good team. Now, though, probably Boston, but not just because they beat us, but because of how they appear to be getting away with a lot while playing other teams out East as well.
biosc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:12 PM   #5
Khrymsyn
uhh... wait, huh?!

Send a message via AIM to Khrymsyn
I thought 1 post was too long to go without a Flyers mention as most hated. ;-)

As a Flyers fan, I could go with the Rangers, and the "we're the best city" attitude, but... like the Giants and their fans, I have a grudging respect for them.

I could go with the Devils... especially after the 90s and early 2000s when Marty Brodeur bitchslapped us on a weekly basis, and my complete and utter distain for Claude Lemieux and that annoying as shit trap...

But no... right now my most hated NHL team?
The Pittsburgh freaking Penguins. I've been to Pittsburgh. I have friends that went to school at Pitt and enjoyed visiting them. I LIKE the town in some ways. But man oh man there is something about that penguins fandom...

First? Sidney Crosby and the media. Look, I get that he's a good player. I respect that. I feel bad the guy's head has been pounded recently. And I mean that with no sarcasm, after all, Philly's familiar with losing good players due to concussions (See: Lindros, Primeau). But the amount of dick sucking the media has done on him over the years is freaking disgusting. Plus, he's about a big of an asshole as Danny Briere with his poking people with his stick and then getting insulted they want to drop the gloves schtick, and constant running to the refs... (Pot.Kettle.)

Second. There's the "OH WE'RE THE BEST FANS IN THE WORLD" bull... Listen... if "you'ns" were the best fans in the world, why were you not selling out games in the mid 90s when you had Mario Freaking Lemieux and Jaromir Jagr on your team? Heck, even the FLYERS FANS cheered for Lemieux when he visited Philly, and we love booing our own! Where were you fans during the early 2000s, as the team desperately needed support so that it wouldn't be sold and LEAVE Pittsburgh?

Third. Did I mention the fans? The same fans that didn't cheer for their team until the end of the 2000s, and were nowhere to be found, are now everywhere talking about how great they are and how they are the best team in the world and how everyone else (especially the Flyers) suck. I.e. The bandwagon.

At any rate, that is that. I fully expect some Pittsburgh fans to come in here and tell me how wrong I am. To them I say, quick... name me 3 players from before 2000 NOT named Lemiux and Jagr. =P
and just to show I do actually pay attention to other teams, I'll go with Darius Kasparatis, Sergei Zubov, and Mark Rechhi (one of my favorite players ever)
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Zombies eat brains. Cannibals eat faces. Fine Young Cannibals drive me crazy.
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg, no, if the lovin's strong and you got it goin' on buy Schar: BSA on Xbox Indies or Desura.

Last edited by Khrymsyn; 01-11-2012 at 03:16 PM.
Khrymsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 03:52 PM   #6
biosc1
monoputer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrymsyn View Post
To them I say, quick... name me 3 players from before 2000 NOT named Lemiux and Jagr. =P
and just to show I do actually pay attention to other teams, I'll go with Darius Kasparatis, Sergei Zubov, and Mark Rechhi (one of my favorite players ever)
oo...this is hitting my memory banks...

Barrasso
Coffey
Samuelsson
Old 01-11-2012, 04:21 PM   #7
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

The Winnipeg Jets...

Because I live here in Winnipeg and it's the only fucking thing people want to talk about, and what I have the least interest in.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:38 PM   #8
Dualonymous
Colonist

I hate the fucking sharks, fucking always have and always will. My most hated player would either be chara or byufglien.
3DS: 0447 - 6667 - 7862
Steam ID: Dualshotty23

OriginID:Dualshotty23
Dualonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:02 PM   #9
Hyperglide
Nihilistic Malcontent

Overall? Probably Vancouver takes the cake.

As a Leafs fan I can say we get lots of hate too but it's unwarranted I think. It's just that everyone else in Canada thinks that we think we are the center of the universe and that we get lots of media publicity the rest of Canada has an inferiority complex, which is untrue.

We just don't give a shit about the other 6 teams. Good rivalries with Habs and Sens though. Habs are pretty hated in Leafs nation.

Live Gamertag: Hyperglide
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V, Diablo III.
True Achievements: Hyperglide
Battle.net - Diablo III - Battletag. Add Me: Hyperglide#1704 (Americas)

Last edited by Hyperglide; 01-11-2012 at 05:04 PM.
Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:03 PM   #10
Purple Santa
The OTHER Santa

Send a message via AIM to Purple Santa Send a message via Yahoo to Purple Santa
Quote:
Originally Posted by MalReynolds View Post
id say Flyers or Boston Bruins
I hate the Flyers. Not stupid enough to say it while i'm in Philadelphia though

Rails? The DAY/END threads don't need no stinking rails, they just meander like a drunk looking for a bench to flop down on~ Gorvi

Hell, 'derail'? This is like calling the surface of the sun 'warmish'. Somewhat lacking in appropriate magnitude~ Jpublic

That's too applied for my tastes. Math makes the most sense to me when it's reality bending abstraction. Or when it's evil~ Frederec
Purple Santa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:18 PM   #11
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by biosc1 View Post
oo...this is hitting my memory banks...

Barrasso
Coffey
Samuelsson
Or Francis or Joe Mullen.

That said, Pittsburgh was one of the reason we have the lottery now, as they admitted tanking a season in order to get Lemeuix in the draft.

I personally despise Lemuix, so hating Pittsburgh isnt difficult for me.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:26 PM   #12
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Purple Santa View Post
I hate the Flyers. Not stupid enough to say it while i'm in Philadelphia though
I used to despise the Flyers, mostly because

a) I hate Bob Clarke with a passion
b) I hate Lindros even more

Lindros was from the same home town as me ( London ) and in addition to all the shit you know about him ( refusing to play for the team that signed him... twice ), he was just an all around grade-A cunt.
Old 01-11-2012, 05:27 PM   #13
TheKeck
FIFTY POSTS PER PAGE!

Send a message via AIM to TheKeck Send a message via MSN to TheKeck
Club??? I thought they were called sticks in hockey.
TheKeck is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:31 PM   #14
roboninja
Without Fear

I would often say the Flames (being an Edmonton fan), but their current struggles make me feel some pity. Plus, I did cheer for them against the Lightning in that Cup final.

The other candidates have always been the Islanders, Flyers, & Bruins. For fairly obvious reasons, I would think. The 80's was a great decade. I also agree with Serapth on the Red Wings; they get away with more on the ice than anyone IMO.
roboninja is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 06:34 PM   #15
nabokovfan87
No, not the writer!

Send a message via AIM to nabokovfan87 Send a message via MSN to nabokovfan87 Send a message via Yahoo to nabokovfan87 Send a message via Skype™ to nabokovfan87
Quote:
Originally Posted by dualshotty23 View Post
I hate the fucking sharks, fucking always have and always will. My most hated player would either be chara or byufglien.
Love it.

The single worst, most annoying, despicable, least enjoyable to see in person, DETROIT. Hockey legends with some of the players but UGH, I hate the color red because of Detroit.

Ditto on the flames hate. Same reason as detroit, but you know, kiprusoff was a jerk, always stopping pucks, and the forward/center they had a few years back was just too damn smug for everyone.
Old 01-11-2012, 08:37 PM   #16
Camel
The Dude abides.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrymsyn View Post
At any rate, that is that. I fully expect some Pittsburgh fans to come in here and tell me how wrong I am. To them I say, quick... name me 3 players from before 2000 NOT named Lemiux and Jagr. =P
FIRST OFF, it's "yinz."

Now listen up yinz guys, because here were some awesome former Pens:

Jan Hrdina
Robbie Brown
Ian Moran
Francois Leroux (what a goon)
Ken Wregget
Marty Straka

And that was just off the top of my head. Unfortunately, I pretty much stopped watching hockey after I moved out of Pittsburgh and the lockout happened. My hockey knowledge is stuck in the year 2003. I am happy the Penguins are doing well, but I feel like such a bandwagon fan trying to follow them now, even though I was obsessed with hockey as a kid. It legitimately bums me out sometimes.

If there's one team I hate, it's the Rangers, followed shortly by the Red Wings. Ugh.

When I was a kid I used to HAAAAAAAAATE the Islanders and Capitals. Now I just moderately dislike the Caps since they are the home team around here.
Camel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 08:52 PM   #17
Jackel
Demo to the Death

Send a message via ICQ to Jackel Send a message via AIM to Jackel Send a message via MSN to Jackel Send a message via Yahoo to Jackel
I don't really have a "most hated team" right now. The ones I dislike are probably Chicago and Toronto.

Worst player is Byfuglien.

Steam ID: Jackel
Xbox Live: Snap Jackel Pop
Impulse: SnapJackelPop
Jackel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 09:57 PM   #18
Hyperglide
Nihilistic Malcontent

Quote:
Originally Posted by Serapth View Post
Being in Ontario makes the Maple Leafs an easy team to hate... perpetual losers, deluded fans that still sell out regardless to the piece of shit team fielded on the ice, but truth is, I don't hate them. Their fans can be a little detestable and delusional, but that is to be expected in your home market, especially one as hockey mad as Toronto.

Oh by the way. Thanks to the Flames for beating the Devils last night and helping my Leafs stay in a playoff spot

Live Gamertag: Hyperglide
Now Playing: Grand Theft Auto V, Diablo III.
True Achievements: Hyperglide
Battle.net - Diablo III - Battletag. Add Me: Hyperglide#1704 (Americas)
Hyperglide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 11:53 PM   #19
biosc1
monoputer

Quote:
Originally Posted by nabokovfan87 View Post

Ditto on the flames hate. Same reason as detroit, but you know, kiprusoff was a jerk, always stopping pucks, and the forward/center they had a few years back was just too damn smug for everyone.
Every whistle, guaranteed, you will see Kipper take his mask off...He is likely the most recognizable mask wearing player in the league.
Old 01-12-2012, 07:06 AM   #20
Stmfuller
Actually Graduated

/me crosses fingers in hopes that it's the Red Wings

I kind of hope people are hating Chicago a little. It's probably because I live here and detest all their teams (save for the Cubs, because honestly...who can really hate those guys)...but I just want the Blackhawks to burn in hell.