welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Life Off Colony > All Things Sports

Old 04-08-2012, 06:32 PM   #1381
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackman3000 View Post
Wow way less than I thought it was going to be. Usually when they fail its one of those surprises and they are in full cycle. But 14 though high for us, is nothing compared to some of the peeps I work out with.

This brings a very poor light on everything in the UFC sadly. Including their regs and level allowances.
Fucking horsemeat man.

Gamertag: Malanthrax PS4: Malanthrax

Last edited by Karak; 04-08-2012 at 06:34 PM.
Karak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 08:01 AM   #1382
Khrymsyn
uhh... wait, huh?!

Send a message via AIM to Khrymsyn
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karak View Post
Wow way less than I thought it was going to be. Usually when they fail its one of those surprises and they are in full cycle. But 14 though high for us, is nothing compared to some of the peeps I work out with.

This brings a very poor light on everything in the UFC sadly. Including their regs and level allowances.
Fucking horsemeat man.
This isn't a UFC requirement though, it's a Nevada State Athletic Commission requirement. It applies to anything that has to be cleared through the NSAC, including any boxing matches that would be sanctioned in NV. The only place where the UFC gets involved is that this is a UFC fighter, and the UFC does everything it can to work with each state's individual commissions to try to keep the sport legal, and not give an excuse to ostracise it like it once was back in the early days.
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
Zombies eat brains. Cannibals eat faces. Fine Young Cannibals drive me crazy.
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg, no, if the lovin's strong and you got it goin' on buy Schar: BSA on Xbox Indies or Desura.
Khrymsyn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 01:10 PM   #1383
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28166/ufc-...n-april-24.mma

This story keeps getting stranger to me, especially since neither the UFC or Overeem have made an official comment towards what is going down. I guess we will have to wait a few more weeks.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:05 PM   #1384
Lance Uppercut
hurf durf

The UFC Brass must know something we don't. Either that or they're just bluffing right now since Overeem made such a big mess of things.
Lance Uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2012, 03:43 PM   #1385
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrymsyn View Post
This isn't a UFC requirement though, it's a Nevada State Athletic Commission requirement. It applies to anything that has to be cleared through the NSAC, including any boxing matches that would be sanctioned in NV. The only place where the UFC gets involved is that this is a UFC fighter, and the UFC does everything it can to work with each state's individual commissions to try to keep the sport legal, and not give an excuse to ostracise it like it once was back in the early days.
I am not sure what you are talking about right here.

Old 04-09-2012, 03:51 PM   #1386
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
The UFC Brass must know something we don't. Either that or they're just bluffing right now since Overeem made such a big mess of things.
Ya thats a boggler. Its not TRT and if it was it wouldn't be at those levels. So you have a guy piss freakishly hot, the pres even calls him out, then pushes the paperwork forward. Fuck man. Weird shit.

Old 04-10-2012, 10:10 AM   #1387
Khrymsyn
uhh... wait, huh?!

Quote:
I am not sure what you are talking about right here.
You were saying that this brings a poor light on the UFC, including their regulations and level allowances.

I was pointing out that the regs and allowances are NOT UFC's rules, but the rules of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
I ain't 2 proud 2 beg, no, if the lovin's strong and you got it goin' on buy Schar: BSA on Xbox Indies or Desura.
Old 04-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #1388
Lance Uppercut
hurf durf

There's a very strong rumor from a Sherdog forum member well known for his accurate industry rumors that the Overeem/JDS fight still has a good chance of happening. Apparently, Reem plans to claim therapeutic usage of testosterone, that he had just injected recently (which naturally, is going to cause T levels to initially spike).

If this is true, this is a fucking travesty. If this fight were to happen only under these conditions, I'd rather not see it at all and just have Overeem suspended for the appropriate amount of time.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:15 PM   #1389
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Khrymsyn View Post
You were saying that this brings a poor light on the UFC, including their regulations and level allowances.

I was pointing out that the regs and allowances are NOT UFC's rules, but the rules of the Nevada State Athletic Commission.
Oh I see. Ya agreed doesn't matter at all though. One doesn't require a connection to the other. Thats how poor light is spread many times.

Old 04-18-2012, 01:17 PM   #1390
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
There's a very strong rumor from a Sherdog forum member well known for his accurate industry rumors that the Overeem/JDS fight still has a good chance of happening. Apparently, Reem plans to claim therapeutic usage of testosterone, that he had just injected recently (which naturally, is going to cause T levels to initially spike).

If this is true, this is a fucking travesty. If this fight were to happen only under these conditions, I'd rather not see it at all and just have Overeem suspended for the appropriate amount of time.
T level spiking from natty test due to boosts are around 1/10th what occurred here, maybe 1/5th depending on what and how they take it. Gels, pinning.
This should not and would not fly. If it does someone greased some palms.

Agreed this is a travesty.

Old 04-18-2012, 02:04 PM   #1391
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

I say all that are willing to fuck up their body should just get roided the fuck up and battle out in a Roid Rage Gran Prix '12 MMA fight.
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2012, 12:06 AM   #1392
Lance Uppercut
hurf durf

I'm watching a UFC replay right now. It's really weird how the entrance music for the fighters are replaced with generic stock music.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:13 PM   #1393
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

http://mmajunkie.com/news/28352/alis...at-ufc-146.mma

This sucks. Hopefully someone fights Velasquez, otherwise this card just got a lot worse.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:47 PM   #1394
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Old 04-21-2012, 02:18 PM   #1395
Lance Uppercut
hurf durf

Quote:
Brokeblack Mountain

In regards to Reem getting replaced, they did the right thing ultimately. Letting him fight would be a black eye in the face of the UFC's credibility.
Old 04-21-2012, 03:44 PM   #1396
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Quote:
Brokeblack Mountain

In regards to Reem getting replaced, they did the right thing ultimately. Letting him fight would be a black eye in the face of the UFC's credibility.
Hahahaha at the spoiler.
And agreed. No way in any world would it have been right to have him fight. Very happy. Still sucks he did it but very happy he is outs.

Old 04-21-2012, 10:48 PM   #1397
Karak
Press Start to Begin

Sigh.
Too short.

Old 04-22-2012, 05:11 PM   #1398
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

It looks like the UFC 146 shakeup continues. Now that Mir is stepping in for Overeem, Antonio "Bigfoot" Silva is now stepping in to take Mir's spot against Velasquez.

Big country Roy Nelson will remain on the card, with an undisclosed opponent at this point, although I think Big Ben Rothwell is going to be the replacement for the card.
Old 04-22-2012, 06:11 PM   #1399
Khrymsyn
uhh... wait, huh?!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackman3000 View Post
Big country Roy Nelson will remain on the card, with an undisclosed opponent at this point, although I think Big Ben Rothwell is going to be the replacement for the card.
That's the hot rumor right now, especially with Ben being in rediculously good shape for him, and his quick dismantling of Shaub while taking minimal damage. (he did get popped but was never in trouble, no cuts, no swelling, etc)
Old 04-23-2012, 08:52 AM   #1400
Lance Uppercut
hurf durf

http://www.mmafighting.com/ufc/2012/...-146-drug-test

Quote:
To my friends and fans,

I am deeply saddened to announce that on Friday, April 20, I respectfully withdrew from the May 26 event so that I can request a continuance until my situation with the Nevada State Athletic Commission is resolved.

I cannot express how sorry I am to the Commission, Junior Dos Santos, the fans, the owners and employees of the UFC, my friends and family and anyone else who this has affected.

I absolutely do not believe in, nor do I use performance-enhancing drugs. I am a clean fighter and I will do whatever it takes to prove this to everyone.

Prior to the UFC 146 press conference in March, I aggravated an old rib injury on my left side. My doctor prescribed, and I accepted, an anti-inflammatory medication that was mixed with testosterone. I was completely unaware that testosterone was one of the ingredients in the medication. Although I was unaware, I do realize it is my job to know what I am putting into my body.

I respect the Nevada Commissioners and Executive Director Keith Kizer and what they are doing to keep
the sport of mixed martial arts regulated and safe for athletes. I look forward to working with them in the days and weeks ahead.

Friends and fans, I ask for your patience as I work through this matter. Please support me. I promise to return to the Octagon soon.
Yeah, because anti-inflammatory drugs don't work unless you put massive amounts of PEDs in them.

This affects my ability to take Overeem seriously.