welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Life Off Colony > All Things Sports

Old 11-11-2008, 11:36 AM   #221
DiBiddilyBop
Extraordinary Prick

Send a message via AIM to DiBiddilyBop Send a message via MSN to DiBiddilyBop Send a message via Yahoo to DiBiddilyBop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackman3000 View Post
Submission submission submission. Randy is one of the most intelligent fighters I've seen in the cage, and I'm sure he's training accordingly.

I could seem him getting tossed around and beaten up, but the second there is an exposed arm, leg or neck, I guarantee Randy is going to do everything he can to capitalize on it.
Repeat of Mir vs. Lesnar? Totally possible.
DiBiddilyBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:38 AM   #222
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiddilyBop View Post
Repeat of Mir vs. Lesnar? Totally possible.
OH ya, I knew someone had done it to him, just couldn't remember who it was. But in all honesty the Mir Lesnar fight has probably been studied thoroughly by the Couture camp, although Lesnar has improved since that fight.

All in all, I cant wait to watch it. I'm excited to see how Randy handles a man of such stature and being away from the octagon for a while.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 11:57 AM   #223
Veregon
Colonist

I really hope Randy comes out and rocks Lesnar with his first punch just like he did to Silva and Gonzaga.
Veregon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:07 PM   #224
cassiusregicide
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wackman3000 View Post
Submission submission submission. Randy is one of the most intelligent fighters I've seen in the cage, and I'm sure he's training accordingly.

I could seem him getting tossed around and beaten up, but the second there is an exposed arm, leg or neck, I guarantee Randy is going to do everything he can to capitalize on it.
I doubt that we will see an arm bar. Lesnar is way to strong. Ankle locks, knee bars, or chokes are definately possible though.
cassiusregicide is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2008, 12:22 PM   #225
Cupelix
One Man Wrecking Machine

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiusregicide View Post
I doubt that we will see an arm bar. Lesnar is way to strong. Ankle locks, knee bars, or chokes are definately possible though.
I'm not sure my arms would fit around Brock Lesnar's neck. The way he is shaped, he seriously looks like you'd have to get him to look up to be able to wedge an arm in there. Will definitely be a fun fight to watch though. I hope Couture is in good enough shape that Lesnar doesn't just push him over considering his size. I'd like to see Couture win for nostalgia's sake, and because I still want to see Lesnar get put down a few times before he starts winning and getting a bigger head than he's already got.
Cupelix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-13-2008, 09:34 PM   #226
Lance Uppercut
BELIEVE IT, MOTHERFUCKER

Fuck yeah.
Lance Uppercut is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-14-2008, 06:06 PM   #227
Lutheran
Assassin

Just watched the UFC 91 weigh in and man is Lesnar huge..265 of solid muscle. Randy came in at 220 , also looking very fit. In pretaped interviews Randy was saying how he has to use his speed advantage and superior footwork when fighting Brock. Lesnar pretty much didn't say much other then he thinks Randy will prove to be too old and to light to beat him and that he will walk away with that title.
Lutheran is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 04:15 AM   #228
Lutheran
Assassin

SPOILERS

Lesnar by KO , and damn the punch didn't even look that devastating. If it were some other sport I would wonder if Randy took a dive or not to set up a trilogy of fights. I guess the weight behind that punch and the fact that he was slighlty punching down is what gave it so much force. Lesnars a bull , if he ever learns to really box well and learns a few subs he will be invincible. As it stands right now Fedor would eat him alive still.

Last edited by Lutheran; 11-16-2008 at 04:17 AM.
Old 11-16-2008, 09:07 AM   #229
Lance Uppercut
BELIEVE IT, MOTHERFUCKER

Not that devastating? That was right at his temple; that punch would have downed anybody

I had Lesnar winning the first round, but Randy was right there and avoided a lot of damage. If the fight had gotten into the championship rounds, Randy would have won, but Brock's power was just too much.

I think Big Nog would beat him, though. He has the Jiu-Jitsu and chin to finish Brock, and he's faced much bigger competition (notably, Bob Sapp. That pile driver would have killed a moose).
Old 11-16-2008, 11:57 AM   #230
cassiusregicide
Philosopher King

That's what makes the MMA game so unpredictable. It doesn't take alot of power to knock someone out if you hit them in a couple of sweet spots. The temple happens to be one of them. Also, Brocks a big enough guy that any overhand right, no matter how soft looking, is going to hit hard.

Really happy with Kenny. I think he gets a bit overlooked because he's such a nice guy, so it's good to see him get a shot at BJ.
Old 11-16-2008, 12:41 PM   #231
Lance Uppercut
BELIEVE IT, MOTHERFUCKER

KenFlo looked great last night, and is very well-rounded. Too bad his title shot has to come after the GSP fight.

Awesome night of fights. Only 1 fight made it to decision, and it ended up being fight of the night. And how about that Mortal Kombat uppercut KO by Jeremy Stephens? And that omoplata transition to reverse armbar by Hazelett (Rodrigo Gracie taught us that same series in a seminar so it was doubly awesome for me to see the same move in an actual fight)?
Old 11-16-2008, 12:49 PM   #232
Wackman3000
"Wackman!"

Just finished watching. Great card. I'm surprised at how quick KenFlo took out Joe Daddy, I was hoping for a good fight between them. But Ken looked fantastic and I can't wait for him to fight BJ.

Randy was definitely holding his own in the first round and if he would have taken Lesnar's back it might have went very differently. Looking forward to a Big-Nog or Mir rematch with Lesnar.

Highlight of the night is hands down that insane uppercut. I demand a clip of it in our thread!

Finally, fight of the night goes to the Gurgel/Riley fight. They didnt stop exchanging the entire fight.
Personal attacks start when the other person isn't living up to my expectations of them.
Wackman3000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 01:21 PM   #233
cassiusregicide
Philosopher King

I'm hoping to see Randy drop to 205. I know he has done well in the heavy weight division, but I think he can be far more dominant in lhw. Let's not forget that the reason he jumped back to Hvy was because Tim Sylvia was fighting like ass as the champ. Then once Randy won the title he was kind of stuck in the division. With the way he's been fighting recently I think he could make a good run for the Lhw title.
Old 11-16-2008, 01:23 PM   #234
cassiusregicide
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
KenFlo looked great last night, and is very well-rounded. Too bad his title shot has to come after the GSP fight.

Awesome night of fights. Only 1 fight made it to decision, and it ended up being fight of the night. And how about that Mortal Kombat uppercut KO by Jeremy Stephens? And that omoplata transition to reverse armbar by Hazelett (Rodrigo Gracie taught us that same series in a seminar so it was doubly awesome for me to see the same move in an actual fight)?
For a while there had been a dearth of omoplata attempts and it's good to see them get used a little more, and to good effect.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:17 PM   #235
Lutheran
Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lance Uppercut View Post
Not that devastating? That was right at his temple; that punch would have downed anybody

I had Lesnar winning the first round, but Randy was right there and avoided a lot of damage. If the fight had gotten into the championship rounds, Randy would have won, but Brock's power was just too much.

I think Big Nog would beat him, though. He has the Jiu-Jitsu and chin to finish Brock, and he's faced much bigger competition (notably, Bob Sapp. That pile driver would have killed a moose).
I didn't see it hit his temple , to me it looked like it caught him near the back of his head above his ear but I have seen other views since then and yes it was a nicely placed punch.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:21 PM   #236
Lutheran
Assassin

Quote:
Originally Posted by cassiusregicide View Post
I'm hoping to see Randy drop to 205. I know he has done well in the heavy weight division, but I think he can be far more dominant in lhw. Let's not forget that the reason he jumped back to Hvy was because Tim Sylvia was fighting like ass as the champ. Then once Randy won the title he was kind of stuck in the division. With the way he's been fighting recently I think he could make a good run for the Lhw title.
The dude is 45 , I think it might be time to retire before he gets hurt. Im not saying that because he lost to Lesnar , who was just too big and strong for him but just because of his age. He is in great shape and who am I to tell him what to do but sooner or later its time to get out before you get seriously hurt.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:31 PM   #237
cassiusregicide
Philosopher King

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lutheran View Post
The dude is 45 , I think it might be time to retire before he gets hurt. Im not saying that because he lost to Lesnar , who was just too big and strong for him but just because of his age. He is in great shape and who am I to tell him what to do but sooner or later its time to get out before you get seriously hurt.
No doubt, but if Randy can still compete then there's no reason for him to stop. I have a feeling Randy will stop when he doesn't just get beat, but when he feels that he had no chance of winning the fight he lost.
Old 11-16-2008, 02:36 PM   #238
OldeWolf
Being Hearing's overrated

Every time I keep reading about these fights and come across Lance Uppercut's Nun avatar, I keep replacing one of the fighter's image with a fighting eye patched nun.

0.o
OldeWolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-16-2008, 02:46 PM   #239
Lance Uppercut
BELIEVE IT, MOTHERFUCKER

Pirate Nun via flying gogoplata.
Old 11-16-2008, 03:07 PM   #240
DarkDay
Colonist

That was a load. Lucky lucky punch, when brock watches the fight later hope he realizes how lucky he got, as hw was gassed and only getting worse, Randy would have owned that and was beginning to.

Well, shit happens, have to wait for the rematch.

Shitty fight though.

Loved watching Florian tear stevenson apart though.
DarkDay is offline   Reply With Quote