welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #41
Vandabo
Guise srsly

I'm surprised this hasn't been posted yet...

The alt-text: One one hand, you'll never be able to convince your parents to switch. On the other hand, you'll never be able to convince your parents to switch!

Gamertag/Steam = Vandabo
Vandabo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:21 PM   #42
Rogue_hunter
Breaks brick walls

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_hunter Send a message via MSN to Rogue_hunter Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue_hunter
Yeah, the invite thing is pretty interesting. You can freely add as many people you want to add to a circle. If they're not in the beta, you can then send invites to all of those people. I've sent out about 50 invites so far, and unlike the Gmail beta, there's no counter to let you know how many you have left/have in total.

Basically, I'm saying I need email addresses
Twitter
Rogue_hunter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:25 PM   #43
Zagrash
3 ducks in a man suit

Send a message via AIM to Zagrash Send a message via Yahoo to Zagrash
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_hunter View Post
Yeah, the invite thing is pretty interesting. You can freely add as many people you want to add to a circle. If they're not in the beta, you can then send invites to all of those people. I've sent out about 50 invites so far, and unlike the Gmail beta, there's no counter to let you know how many you have left/have in total.

Basically, I'm saying I need email addresses
Just sent you a PM, you'd be my hero for a bare minimum of the next week if I could get an invite!
Zagrash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:29 PM   #44
Xerxes
ONE FUCKING BOX

I'm really liking the clean interface. Only if they promise to never submit to adding zynga games everywhere.
ArmoredXerxes

Bitch, please. I've gone through the alphabet with more girls than a kindergarten teacher. -Ox
My life requires busting faggoty assed bitches like yourself in the fucking face. -Zeal
the original Game Boy was the size of a VCR -pronounconnoun
Xerxes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:37 PM   #45
DiBiddilyBop
Extraordinary Prick

Send a message via AIM to DiBiddilyBop Send a message via MSN to DiBiddilyBop Send a message via Yahoo to DiBiddilyBop
I'm in and am already enamored by the circles thing. The fact that I can geek out with one group of friends and then talk shop with coworkers without any cross talk is simply amazing to me.
DiBiddilyBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:44 PM   #46
Cyndair
Warrior of Light

I'm in as well.

I'm surprised that people aren't making a bigger deal of the fact that this puppy has group video chat. I'm pretty sure this is one of the only ways out there to be able to do group video conferences without paying $$.

I'm digging the circles and the interface. Drag and drop is a beautiful thing. I've only been using it for a few minutes but it feels very similar to FB but you can immediately tell that it's more intuitive.
Cyndair is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 09:45 PM   #47
Rogue_hunter
Breaks brick walls

Send a message via AIM to Rogue_hunter Send a message via MSN to Rogue_hunter Send a message via Skype™ to Rogue_hunter
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiddilyBop View Post
I'm in and am already enamored by the circles thing. The fact that I can geek out with one group of friends and then talk shop with coworkers without any cross talk is simply amazing to me.
That's precisely why I'm geeking out. Helps cut down on the dick moves some friends are known for on social network sites, and compartmentalizes what you want seen.

The app is well done, slide one direction in the feed to see local stuff, slide another to see the circles, slide one over and you've got "Incoming", whatever that is. Responds much faster than the Facebook app on Android, and uploading photos is painless.
Twitter
Old 06-29-2011, 09:50 PM   #48
DiBiddilyBop
Extraordinary Prick

Send a message via AIM to DiBiddilyBop Send a message via MSN to DiBiddilyBop Send a message via Yahoo to DiBiddilyBop
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndair View Post
I'm in as well.

I'm surprised that people aren't making a bigger deal of the fact that this puppy has group video chat. I'm pretty sure this is one of the only ways out there to be able to do group video conferences without paying $$.

I'm digging the circles and the interface. Drag and drop is a beautiful thing. I've only been using it for a few minutes but it feels very similar to FB but you can immediately tell that it's more intuitive.
So much this... I wanted to try out video chat but my buddy who invited me had to run right as I got on. I'll definitely be checking it out soon though.
DiBiddilyBop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:02 PM   #49
Felonous
Colonist

I want an invite! I hate Facebook with a passion, if not for all my family being on there I'd have deleted my account long time ago. The moral compass of Facebook makes me cringe every time they roll out the latest "Oh-we'll-just-opt-everyone-in" feature. Especially when they hide or obfuscate the option or controls to opt out, which is all too often. My gmail = dsrivera A.T. gmail D.O.T. com
Felonous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:06 PM   #50
Ink Asylum
From the Ninth World

If someone could toss me an invite I'd be greatly appreciative. inkasylum DOT inc AT gmail DOT com
Old 06-29-2011, 10:16 PM   #51
MagGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stoke View Post
If they're still using Yahoo messenger, are they really friends?
Well one of the few people still on my Yahoo list is my sister, so no.

Quote:
Originally Posted by rein View Post
Funny that I don't mind sometimes giving you guys life updates.
I know more about you than I do some of my real-life acquaintances, yet I don't even know your real name. That's a little odd when you think about it.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:19 PM   #52
Mr. Murphy
Eight-Bit Soul

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Murphy Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Murphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
I know more about you than I do some of my real-life acquaintances, yet I don't even know your real name. That's a little odd when you think about it.
Odd, but awesome. Relationships like that allow us to see each other as the people we are inside, or the people we wish to represent ourselves as, without all this physical stuff getting in the way.

It's, like, totally far out, man.

Edit: Jesus Christ Mags, how do you even have enough opinions to have that many posts??

Last edited by Mr. Murphy; 06-30-2011 at 12:36 AM.
Mr. Murphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:20 PM   #53
Dualonymous
Colonist

If anyone has an extra invite id love it.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk
3DS: 0447 - 6667 - 7862
Steam ID: Dualshotty23

OriginID:Dualshotty23
Dualonymous is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:29 PM   #54
Psykoboy2
Enigma Of The Mystical

Send a message via AIM to Psykoboy2 Send a message via MSN to Psykoboy2 Send a message via Skype™ to Psykoboy2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Asylum View Post
If someone could toss me an invite I'd be greatly appreciative. inkasylum DOT inc AT gmail DOT com
I tried but it wouldn't let me invite you. Although, when you do get an invite, you'll already be in my circle.
Psykoboy2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:30 PM   #55
Zagrash
3 ducks in a man suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xerxes View Post
I'm really liking the clean interface. Only if they promise to never submit to adding zynga games everywhere.
Quote:
Originally Posted by DiBiddilyBop View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cyndair View Post
I'm in as well.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rogue_hunter View Post
That's precisely why I'm geeking out. Helps cut down on the dick moves some friends are known for on social network sites, and compartmentalizes what you want seen.

The app is well done, slide one direction in the feed to see local stuff, slide another to see the circles, slide one over and you've got "Incoming", whatever that is. Responds much faster than the Facebook app on Android, and uploading photos is painless.
Aaaaaaahhhh!!! so jealous still! Rogue or Xerxes, did either of you send me an invite by chance?
Old 06-29-2011, 10:31 PM   #56
J Arcane
Bedroom Wall Press

Laughing Squid tweeted that they may have shut off invites. Either that or there is a limit, and people are hitting it.

Arcana Rising - An Urban Fantasy Roleplaying Game, powered by Hulks and Horrors.
Hulks and Horrors - A Sci-Fi Roleplaying game of Exploration and Dungeon Adventure
Heaven's Shadow - A Roleplaying Game of Faith and Assassination
J Arcane is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #57
Stoke
Who?

Send a message via AIM to Stoke
Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
Laughing Squid tweeted that they may have shut off invites. Either that or there is a limit, and people are hitting it.
That would make sense. Yesterday they hit their limit and stopped letting people sign up. I imagine they are only letting a certain amount in a day.
Stoke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2011, 10:32 PM   #58
Zagrash
3 ducks in a man suit

Quote:
Originally Posted by J Arcane View Post
I thought I read they were only allowing a certain number of activations per hour or something, but I haven't seen that they were shut off yet. I really hope they're not shut off yet...

Edit:

I should check Twitter before posting apparently...shut down for now

Last edited by Zagrash; 06-29-2011 at 10:35 PM.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:42 PM   #59
MagGnome

I got in, huzzah! Thanks, RogueHunter (at least I'm pretty sure it was you!)

I like it so far, although I only have one friend on there. I need to start adding more people and updating my profile with more information.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Murphy View Post
Edit: Jesus Christ Mags, how do you even have enough opinions to have more that many posts??
I have a lot to say, I guess.
Old 06-29-2011, 10:47 PM   #60
Rogue_hunter
Breaks brick walls

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zagrash View Post
Aaaaaaahhhh!!! so jealous still! Rogue or Xerxes, did either of you send me an invite by chance?
Nope, would need an email address to do that!
Twitter