welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 02-12-2011, 02:23 AM   #1
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

PS3 purchases problem...

I have a small headache going on here. Yesterday I finally got a replacement PS3(a slim) and went about getting the system back up to speed with all my old purchases.
So I went to download history as I was instructed on the website, and found... an all but blank list. A Patapon demo is all I found. Now I know I made several purchases on the PSN, but they are just gone. Every FAQ and thread act as if I should just be able to log in to my old account and get my stuff back. But I can't. What gives?

I remember someone on a forum saying purchases on your old PS3 need to be deactivated. If so, this would mean I'm screwed as my old PS3 got the YLoD.

Oh and I should mention that I tried slapping my old PS3 fat HDD in the slim, and it wouldn't work.

Xbox Live: Wolvie 619

PSN: Wolvie_619

Steam: Wolvie619
Wolvie is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:02 AM   #2
KidCactus
Kaktus

No, you do not need to deactivate anything. Are you sure you had bought the items with the same account that you've logged in with on your new PS3?

Have you saved your "PlayStation(R)Network Purchase Confirmation" e-mails? Find one and you should be able to verify what account they are tied to.

Last edited by KidCactus; 02-12-2011 at 04:06 AM.
KidCactus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 04:37 AM   #3
menage
Praise the sun!

Yeah, I can even login on my friends PS3 and download shit for him if I bought it. It's really tied to the account you bought em with.

PSN: Menage00
Steam: Menage00
Soundcloud
menage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 09:27 AM   #4
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

It asked for the e-mail address I used for the old account, and I put it in, and my Wolvie619 user name popped right up. I only had the one account. I have no idea what the hell is going on because everyone on the internet that had any problem like this were simply ignorant to the fact that your download history is buried in your account management menu. I however am privy to the fact. I guess I'll give them a call and see if they can work their magic.

Old 02-12-2011, 09:38 AM   #5
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

UPDATE!

GAH! I feel so STUPID! After reading KidCactus' response I went to the PSN website and attempted to log in using my alt e-mail. It worked. All my DLC was there in the download history section.

Evidently I created an account using my main e-mail when I had my PSP. Suddenly I want to go get another PSP. Damn tax return money burning a hole in my pocket.

Oh thanks for the help guys.

Old 02-12-2011, 04:09 PM   #6
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wolvie View Post
UPDATE!

GAH! I feel so STUPID! After reading KidCactus' response I went to the PSN website and attempted to log in using my alt e-mail. It worked. All my DLC was there in the download history section.

Evidently I created an account using my main e-mail when I had my PSP. Suddenly I want to go get another PSP. Damn tax return money burning a hole in my pocket.

Oh thanks for the help guys.
No problem. Anything I can do to help.
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), Skyrim (PC)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-2011, 05:16 PM   #7
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

Weird thing I just checked my past purchases and I see I downloaded Flow, but I can't re-download it. It's not in the download section, just in past transactions. I know I didn't pay for it since I got it when they made it free... but I can't download it again? That seems rather... underhanded. You want it again? YOU PAY! Big meanies.

Old 02-12-2011, 08:20 PM   #8
maharahaj
Humanity is the Devil

Send a message via AIM to maharahaj
Quote:
Weird thing I just checked my past purchases and I see I downloaded Flow, but I can't re-download it. It's not in the download section, just in past transactions. I know I didn't pay for it since I got it when they made it free... but I can't download it again? That seems rather... underhanded. You want it again? YOU PAY! Big meanies.
Same thing happened to me. I lost my free Fl0w game when I made the switch to a PS3 Slim, as it wasn't a "purchased" game. If i remember correctly, there is even a little red shopping bag icon next to the game in the Store, meaning I owned it at one point. But alas, for a free game (or at least this free game), you can't redownload it.
maharahaj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 12:23 AM   #9
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

That's weird about flOw, I grabbed (the incredibly awful) Rag Doll Kung Fu when it was free a while back and didn't have a problem getting it again when I switched over to the slim.
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 05:53 AM   #10
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

Ok since this isn't an unheard of sceario I can deal with it. Especially since Flow didn't really grab me.

Old 02-13-2011, 06:14 AM   #11
Gorvi
You're not my supervisor!

Quote:
Ok since this isn't an unheard of sceario I can deal with it. Especially since Flow didn't really grab me.
Are you sure? We can organize a support group if you'd like.
PSN ID: Gorvi - Steam ID: gorvivelgin
Gorvi is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2011, 11:41 AM   #12
Wolvie
AKA JayBob

Perhaps, I think I need to cope with that typo. D'oh!