welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 11-01-2008, 09:39 AM   #1
Arilin
Needs more coffee

Send a message via ICQ to Arilin Send a message via AIM to Arilin
[WoW] Post 3.0.2, how's it looking?

Well, it's been a good solid two weeks, week/a half-ish since the patch hit and the game became playable again. How's the currently state of the game finding your characters, and your talents? Are you blissfully overpowered, and /dancing through Black Temple, or still trying to get a handle on the current talents and abilities.

With my warrior, I find tanking just, ungodly easy. It was easy enough before to maintain threat, though AOE Threat was annoying as piss to me, but now I could probably /moon a mob, and do 1k TPS.(Threat per second).

My hunter actually has the least play time. He's currently survival, and his crit and AP are through the roof, but he's relatively boring in his current state. Just isn't that much fun for me.

My lowbies (62 Lock, 63 Shaman/Paladin) -- The lock is still affliction and I haven't had any issues thus far. I can pretty much destroy most things and make myself end up with full health and mana. The shaman bounces between enhancement, and resto for 5mans(I love resto. Healing is fun) though straight DPS is fun.

The paladin. He's a beast all his own. Level 63, and destroying stuff into the patch changes hit, he's Ret obviously, and enjoying the pure OP of it until 3.0.3 hits.

All around I'm having fun and looking forward to the week after next for Wrath when I get to decide do I deal with Deathknight Lag, or Northrend Lag. Which do I want to deal with least.

How about you?
Old 11-01-2008, 09:53 PM   #2
Vanifae
Colonist

Heh I am playing on Mal'ganis on my paladin; Tier 6 protection spec and I am loving it. Threat is pretty ridiculously easy. Hopefully once they finish balancing Retribution and not leave it a hollow husk things will be great.

Been in Beta for a several months now so I am just salivating to actually make real progress in Northrend.
Old 11-01-2008, 10:06 PM   #3
Blue
Zealot

Playing mostly on my Druid (resto) and enjoy it for what it is. I can actually solo now so that's a great change of pace. My Hunter was MM/Surv until the patch and I loved it though I'm not seeing anything in the MM tree that makes me super excited to go that deep in. Currently he's sitting BM though I'm not too keen on that either. So we'll see.

Honestly though, I'm getting near the burn-out stage with WoW (which is bad I suppose given that the expansion is two weeks out) and don't know if I'm going to stick with it. I'm not angry over talents or nerfs/buffs or whatever else people get up-in-arms over, I'm just tired of the gear grind.

So 3.0.2 is treating me well enough but I haven't logged in for about 6 days or so and am thinking I might drop it in the next few days. So many single-player games I've missed out playing WoW and my wife will love that I don't have to raid.
Steam: 1flyjedi
Blue is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-2008, 10:11 PM   #4
BLeeP
Damn Good Pie

I'm not a super hardcore player, but I do play a feral cat druid, and the changes made to energy regen totally kick ass. I dunno how I feel about making my bear weaker while making my cat stronger, but I mostly stay in cat form non stop, so it's cool. Too bad he's still ugly as shit 8-(.
BLeeP is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 03:53 AM   #5
Dark Acre Jack
INDIE GOD

Send a message via Skype™ to Dark Acre Jack
It's like they turned "god mode" on.

It was fun for a couple of raids/duels/BGs, and then I just felt like the challenge was gone. Once the challenge of a game is gone, especially a multiplayer game where your achievement in comparison with other players is challenge-based, the fun for me utterly disappears.

I won't be renewing my sub.
Old 11-02-2008, 04:24 AM   #6
Housemixer
Colonist

They changed BT (and SWP to a degree) to "free loot" zones, 30% less HP combined with a hefty increase in DPS makes for fun but short raid evenings. Luckily WotLK comes out in 2 weeks and you can finally level to 80. I played a bit in the beta, but stopped at lvl72 so I had something left to explore with the release of the expansion.
Haven't played that much arena or any sort of BG since the patch, because of the large number of one-shot Retadins, at some points it was absolutely ridiculous when you saw 40 Retadins in Alterac Valley (about 20 on both sides) one-shotting other classes... (not to mention the dps they did in raids was absurdely high, T6 retadin sometimes did more dps than our warglaive-rogue....), but I've read that this got "fixed" recently.
Housemixer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-02-2008, 06:15 AM   #7
Arilin
Needs more coffee

I dunno that i'd let one class effect my enjoyment of the game though. Yeah ret's are OP'd right now, but that'll change. More so with 3.0.3 hits, as that'll be the majority of our nerfs. At that point let's see where we're at.

Overall i'm still enjoying it.
Old 11-02-2008, 06:39 AM   #8
Karmakin
Moar and Moar and Moar

I have a bit of a different view on it, my guild was just on the cusp of starting T5 content when the patch came out (we only started raiding 3-4 months ago, and really had to recruit people then gear people up to get 25 people solid on a regular basis). We spent 1 night blazing through SSC, killed 4/7 including 2 one-shot kills.

So we jumped up to T6. As we're not THAT overgeared for T6, it required us to learn the fights and execute them well. It's still easier, just not simple. Last week we did 3/5 in Hyjal over two nights, and last night we took out the first two bosses in Black Temple. It's helping getting people up to speed with more difficult content that will help once we start Naxx I think.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:10 AM   #9
Arilin
Needs more coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Karmakin View Post
I have a bit of a different view on it, my guild was just on the cusp of starting T5 content when the patch came out (we only started raiding 3-4 months ago, and really had to recruit people then gear people up to get 25 people solid on a regular basis). We spent 1 night blazing through SSC, killed 4/7 including 2 one-shot kills.

So we jumped up to T6. As we're not THAT overgeared for T6, it required us to learn the fights and execute them well. It's still easier, just not simple. Last week we did 3/5 in Hyjal over two nights, and last night we took out the first two bosses in Black Temple. It's helping getting people up to speed with more difficult content that will help once we start Naxx I think.
That's the thing that makes me sad about the expansion, but happy in its own way. When I started playing at launch I couldn'tmake myself sit down and play, I stopped at level 40 for over a year prior to BC. I never did any content in original wow higher than say SM. So I never experienced any of that, then BC came out and I eventually got out there and now the highest i've ever done is Kara, and ZA. Never saw BT, or Hyjal or anything like that, I never could make myself sit down long enough for it.

Though hopefully with the new 10/25 man raids, I'll be able to see more content and actually enjoy all the actual raid content.
Old 11-02-2008, 07:15 AM   #10
Mr. Murphy
Eight-Bit Soul

Send a message via AIM to Mr. Murphy Send a message via Skype™ to Mr. Murphy
Quote:
Originally Posted by the Jack View Post
It's like they turned "god mode" on.

It was fun for a couple of raids/duels/BGs, and then I just felt like the challenge was gone. Once the challenge of a game is gone, especially a multiplayer game where your achievement in comparison with other players is challenge-based, the fun for me utterly disappears.

I won't be renewing my sub.
I was under the impression they made all these changes because WotLK was going to provide new challenges? This stuff is easier now because it is no longer the end game. Why would you quit now?
Old 11-02-2008, 09:34 AM   #11
Arilin
Needs more coffee

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. Murphy View Post
I was under the impression they made all these changes because WotLK was going to provide new challenges? This stuff is easier now because it is no longer the end game. Why would you quit now?
You should be right, everything is more tuned for level 80, as opposed to 70. Mobs will have more AC, more Stam and hit harder. That's the reason everything in BC is pretty much a cake walk now. There isn't much that's hard right now.

Though that new kara boss, he can be an annoying PITA simply because people just will NOT stop DPS on him when he links with someone.
Old 11-03-2008, 12:51 PM   #12
Vanifae
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arilin View Post
You should be right, everything is more tuned for level 80, as opposed to 70. Mobs will have more AC, more Stam and hit harder. That's the reason everything in BC is pretty much a cake walk now. There isn't much that's hard right now.

Though that new kara boss, he can be an annoying PITA simply because people just will NOT stop DPS on him when he links with someone.
I agree with this, this is a crazy time where everything is super easy, so enjoy it while you can.