welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Old 10-18-2011, 04:48 PM   #7261
SilentScreams
Double Rainbow?!

The disturbing thing is that it turns out most of them are.

"Shh! I'm charging my laser!"
SilentScreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:18 PM   #7262
Darkmatter
Insert Funny Here.

I ever understood why so many people in relationships act like "asking" is somehow taboo. You can guess all you want but you won't know until you ask. Of course, be prepared to have to endure 20 "nothings" to get to the real answer, but such is life.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studybreak View Post
Just a guess, but if she used the word "hurt," it probably doesn't have to do with the alcohol; women use that language when they're reacting emotionally, and unless there was something major in her past that would have stirred up emotion (that she likely would have brought up to excuse her otherwise out of place reaction to you going out), it's something else.

I'm also going to guess that if you're saying goodnight over facebook, not that there's anything wrong with facebook, you're not that far along into your relationship? In which case, re-visit your last facebook message, or something else recent. When it's early on, women tend to view you and the strength of your relationship by the last interaction you had together. There may be a subtle nuance in your interaction that set her off in one small way or another that you did not intend and probably would never pick up on unless you were looking for it. Women tend to over analyze interactions with their significant other, in part, just to see how significant that other is going to be.

Overall, I have to go with Purple Santa on this one (nice name, btw) - you should talk to her. You're still learning about one another, and it will take a while before you get comfortable enough to know what you should and shouldn't say, and how you should say it.

I can't contribute to a lot of these threads, but this is one I can probably help with. What else ya' got?
Quote:
Originally Posted by IIntrude View Post
Hit B to enter FPS 3rd person shooter mode.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vandabo View Post
I think my brain just broke reading that...
Darkmatter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:39 PM   #7263
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

Send a message via AIM to Hawkzombie
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman's Dead View Post
First you have to swear on a bible that you're not an ex-girlfriend of mine. Every new female poster goes through this process. Pay it no mind.
How do we know it's a woman?! This is their first post

PSN/Steam ID - JaynesHat/Hawkzombie

There is the crazy HZ and the well refined logic and reasoning HZ. Both are pretty entertaining -Purple Santa
I love that Hawk exists to make every decision I make, no matter how self-destructive, look wise by comparison. -Ox
I just realized that for the longest time I've been getting you and Karak mixed up. -fitbabits
Hawkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 05:51 PM   #7264
wyeast
Wub Wub

Does it matter? Am I really a small beaver with eyes aflame? Let ye be judged by your words and actions, not by the physical shell sitting at the keyboard.

(Unless you're my neighbor's kid, in which case uh... hi?)

Welcome to the club.
"Meat wrapped with meat. Hmmm... Delicious." - astranoir
wyeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:41 PM   #7265
MagGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
Supes can smell a woman through the thickest fog of doubt. I've seen the hairs on his forehead stand up straight from a woman entering the building three stories down.
So Supes is basically Hannibal Lector?
Old 10-18-2011, 06:43 PM   #7266
Superman's Dead
And Loving Every Minute

Send a message via AIM to Superman's Dead
Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post
But prettier and less fond of wine, yes.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I'm just going to hate everyone, to be safe.
PSN: clarkkentsdead
Superman's Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 06:48 PM   #7267
Ox
Ultra-Honky 3000

Quote:
First you have to swear on a bible that you're not an ex-girlfriend of mine. Every new female poster goes through this process. Pay it no mind.
Quote:
Quote:
But prettier and less fond of wine, yes.
Studybreak, if you once dated a prettier, less oenophilic version of Hannibal Lecter, I advise you to remain silent.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
Ok, so all this stuff about me being wiser, and doing better things for myself, etc....ignore that.
Ox is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 08:55 PM   #7268
Superman's Dead
And Loving Every Minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox View Post
Studybreak, if you once dated a prettier, less oenophilic version of Hannibal Lecter, I advise you to remain silent.
do you know what nemesis means?

Sent from my I897 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Old 10-18-2011, 09:33 PM   #7269
MagGnome

It's the term you use for someone who doesn't turn off his or her phone signature?
Old 10-18-2011, 10:38 PM   #7270
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

Send a message via AIM to Hawkzombie
Quote:
It's the term you use for someone who doesn't turn off his or her phone signature?
ZING!

Nice one.

PSN/Steam ID - JaynesHat/Hawkzombie

There is the crazy HZ and the well refined logic and reasoning HZ. Both are pretty entertaining -Purple Santa
I love that Hawk exists to make every decision I make, no matter how self-destructive, look wise by comparison. -Ox
I just realized that for the longest time I've been getting you and Karak mixed up. -fitbabits
Hawkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:53 PM   #7271
Studybreak

Quote:
I swear, I'm not your ex-girlfriend.
Studybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2011, 11:57 PM   #7272
Studybreak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krispy View Post
Welcome aboard. If you like filth and love, this is probably a pretty good thread to browser intermittently; though I think a few of us have settled down after last year's romp of tragedy.
What was last year's "romp of tragedy?" Filth, love, a torrid affair?
Studybreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 01:09 AM   #7273
diablopath

From now on, I will post in rage comic form.

Old 10-19-2011, 02:49 AM   #7274
Superman's Dead
And Loving Every Minute

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
ZING!

Nice one.
Shut up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Studybreak View Post
I swear, I'm not your ex-girlfriend.
Thank God. One of them just moved to Portland.

Diablopath: I hate that too.

Quote:
Old 10-19-2011, 05:55 AM   #7275
Shrinn
The Guy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ox View Post
Ox is actually a lawyer, so I think he's trying to stop you from getting arrested.

Quote:
do you know what nemesis means?

On the other hand, Ox would make a great wingman.
Shrinn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 07:41 AM   #7276
MagGnome

So I suppose I'll give a brief update of the last two months of my romantic life, or what little of it exists at this time. I went on a couple of dates with this seemingly-great guy, but every single time he would have to reschedule the date at least once, and he'd never let me know until the last minute. Less than an hour before our third date (I was heading out the door) he texted me to say that he forgot he had a birthday party to go to and we'd have to reschedule. I responded saying "Thanks for letting me know", and that was the last of our communication.

Then the same thing happened with another guy, only we never even met up. It was his idea that we hang out, yet he took a rain check three times in a week and a half. That one's obviously not going anywhere. He kept apologizing for it, but three times in 1.5 weeks is rather ridiculous.

Then we get to my friend from earlier in the thread - the one that came out to me about two months ago. We were both really busy for a couple of weeks (he went camping one weekend and the other weekend I was studying like mad), but we finally saw each other this past weekend. He still really likes me, but he's also dating a woman right now and wants to see where it goes. Apparently she's a "sexy librarian" and that's just too much for him to pass up. I'm the one who said we should continue dating other people for at least a while, so I guess I have no one to blame there by myself.

So I'm meeting a guy tonight for a drink. Hopefully that goes well. I've been extremely busy with school, so dating has definitely taken a back seat, but I'm still not completely off of OkCupid.
Old 10-19-2011, 07:47 AM   #7277
wyeast
Wub Wub

Mmm... Sexy libr... Er, sorry. the guy w/ the 3 bails in less than 2 weeks, that's weird. Total cold feet??
"Meat wrapped with meat. Hmmm... Delicious." - astranoir
wyeast is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2011, 08:00 AM   #7278
Ink Asylum
From the Ninth World

Wow, Mags. I have to ask, what's the longest you've dated someone in the last few years?
Old 10-19-2011, 08:09 AM   #7279
MagGnome

Quote:
Originally Posted by wyeast View Post
Mmm... Sexy libr... Er, sorry. the guy w/ the 3 bails in less than 2 weeks, that's weird. Total cold feet??
Apparently he is really busy working overtime. Once I could understand, but 3 times in a week is ridiculous. He works at a co-op, not a hospital. Still, it's something I've encountered several times before, and I'm not the only one. Just yesterday I was reading a guy's profile, and at the end he said "Don't bother messaging me if you are going to make plans and then bail." I've seen that in some other profiles as well, and several of my friends have had it happen to them more than once. A lot of Midwestern gay men are flaky, and I'm not really sure why. I guess it could be cold feet?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ink Asylum View Post
Wow, Mags. I have to ask, what's the longest you've dated someone in the last few years?
About two months. Not all that long, I know. Some of my friends have gotten lucky and found stable, long-lasting relationships, while several of them have become serial daters like myself. I definitely get burned out on it sometimes, but I keep going back. :/
Old 10-19-2011, 08:17 AM   #7280
Ink Asylum
From the Ninth World

Quote:
About two months. Not all that long, I know. Some of my friends have gotten lucky and found stable, long-lasting relationships, while several of them have become serial daters like myself. I definitely get burned out on it sometimes, but I keep going back. :/
I wish I had some advice to give to help you find what you're looking for, but I'm at a loss. There are times I dated a lot of people one after another, but eventually I'd end up in something long-term.

I've got advice for finding dates, advice for managing long-term relationships, but not much advice for moving from many short-term relationships into something longer.