welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
 
Old 01-09-2012, 11:45 PM   #761
Bone
Terribad at game
 
Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,122
Blog Entries: 8
I said "Texas cold". That means you need a jacket to ride a motorcycle.
__________________
I think I want to be you when I grow up, but I'm far more likely to be Bone. - Superman's Dead

XBL: xx 8one xx
3DS: 0516-7281-0600

Steam: -Bone-
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 03:59 AM   #762
civil_dead
1% Prick.
 
civil_dead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,181
Man Bone, that's fucking awesome. I remember when I qui...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
At roughly $6.50 a pack,
$6.50 a pack?! Holy fuck, at that price I'd smoke two packs a day! If I give you some money coul...

Oh. Rght. Sorry. Good job man!

Now, use that money you've saved to come to NYC in April dammit.
__________________
consider my response to you to be the finger.

- Zeal
civil_dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 05:00 AM   #763
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!
 
muddi900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 22,323
Blog Entries: 2
Reading...
__________________
COG Finished Games 2012, Now with 25% more epeen padding!---Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #764
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Happy Hunting Grounds
Posts: 9,925
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
I'm finally feeling like I've turned the corner with not smoking. It's been 36 days... and I only know that because I created a calendar event the day I quit. I haven't touched a smoke since the night of December 4th. At roughly $6.50 a pack, for the Camel Lights I smoked a pack of daily, I've already saved $234. Doing this over the Christmas / New Year break forced me to drink less, too. It's way too hard for me to drink and be around smokers. Really, even just being drunk triggers the craving for me. I did party hard the night before Christmas Eve, and on New Years Eve, but that was about it.

The depression of quitting smoking is starting to lift. Seriously, for much of December I was alternately irritated, moody, sad, and angry. After twenty or so years, it really is like losing a good friend, and finally realizing: my friend was taking a lot of my money and hurting me while pretending to console me. Fuck them! I feel good now.
Good job on quitting. One of the times I (tried) to quit, I used Zyban... you want to talk about depression of quiting smoking?

I remember being up at 4am because that shit makes you an insomniac, balling my fucking eyes out at some infomercial, because that shit also makes you a weepy little bitch.

After my experiences with Zyban, I thank my lucky stars I don't have to take anti-depressants or other mood altering (non recreational ) drugs.



Only really downside to when I finally quit, I got fat. Not obese, but I put on 30lbs that were hard as hell to take off. It's not like I really ate more either, its just that my digestive system decided to go on strike.
__________________
I did it because I was looking for a project and it was either take over the world... or learn French. So I took over the world.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 11:21 AM   #765
Banacek
Crybaby
 
Banacek's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Posts: 4,300
Blog Entries: 7
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
I'm finally feeling like I've turned the corner with not smoking. It's been 36 days... and I only know that because I created a calendar event the day I quit. I haven't touched a smoke since the night of December 4th. At roughly $6.50 a pack, for the Camel Lights I smoked a pack of daily, I've already saved $234. Doing this over the Christmas / New Year break forced me to drink less, too. It's way too hard for me to drink and be around smokers. Really, even just being drunk triggers the craving for me. I did party hard the night before Christmas Eve, and on New Years Eve, but that was about it.

The depression of quitting smoking is starting to lift. Seriously, for much of December I was alternately irritated, moody, sad, and angry. After twenty or so years, it really is like losing a good friend, and finally realizing: my friend was taking a lot of my money and hurting me while pretending to console me. Fuck them! I feel good now.
Awesome news! It's always good to be a quitter! Feels good doesn't it?
Banacek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 02:16 PM   #766
MagGnome
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Congrats, Bone! Keep up the good work.

As for drinking less, do they still let people smoke in bars in Texas?


Quote:
Originally Posted by ShivaX View Post
All I could hear is "I'm a huge pussy" when he said 52 degrees was cold.
Yeah, that made me chuckle as well.
  Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 06:00 PM   #767
Bone
Terribad at game
 
Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,122
Blog Entries: 8
Reading comprehension people. By even saying "Texas cold" I was trying to rankle your polar fur.

But yes, it feels great, really. Mags, no, you can't smoke in Austin bars at least. It's a city ordinance. Still, everybody just goes outside and most of my favorite places to play or see live music have patios. Which makes sense, they were my favorite partially because I smoked there.

Civil... in December my meter veered towards a 30% chance of NYC. Now, depending on how things turn out, I'm back towards a 60 or 70%. I'll known more in February.

Serapth... I tried Zyban before and another drug as well (also for smoking+depression). No good for me, they make me fucking nuttier. I just had to get through it and hope the people around me still loved me. I'm actually not getting fatter right now, since I cut back the beer and have been eating healthier in general. And now I have the energy to start up my running again.
__________________
I think I want to be you when I grow up, but I'm far more likely to be Bone. - Superman's Dead

XBL: xx 8one xx
3DS: 0516-7281-0600

Steam: -Bone-
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2012, 08:50 PM   #768
evilgoodwin
Abomination Unto Nuggan
 
evilgoodwin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Austin, Texas
Posts: 9,592
Blog Entries: 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Reading comprehension people. By even saying "Texas cold" I was trying to rankle your polar fur.

But yes, it feels great, really. Mags, no, you can't smoke in Austin bars at least. It's a city ordinance. Still, everybody just goes outside and most of my favorite places to play or see live music have patios. Which makes sense, they were my favorite partially because I smoked there.

Civil... in December my meter veered towards a 30% chance of NYC. Now, depending on how things turn out, I'm back towards a 60 or 70%. I'll known more in February.

Serapth... I tried Zyban before and another drug as well (also for smoking+depression). No good for me, they make me fucking nuttier. I just had to get through it and hope the people around me still loved me. I'm actually not getting fatter right now, since I cut back the beer and have been eating healthier in general. And now I have the energy to start up my running again.
I love drinking outside. I'm actually happy that smoking isn't allowed indoors. It's never cold enough out here to cause me to complain about going outside, and my bar just put up one of those canopies on the back patio (just wide enough to fit perfectly between the fence and the wall) and it's perfect for when it rains.

Hey, Bone. Remember when people in those northern states that don't think 50 is cold were complaining about it being almost 90 degrees in August? Adorable.
__________________
PSN/Steam: evilgoodwin
The Nonsensical Prose of a Lunatic
Currently Watching: American Horror Story - S02, Angel - S03, Buffy - S06, Continuum - S02, Deadwood - S01, Mad Men - S06 Rome - S01, Sons of Anarchy - S06
Currently Playing: Minecraft (PC), Skyrim (PC)
evilgoodwin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:15 AM   #769
Bone
Terribad at game
 
Bone's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: Austin, TX
Posts: 9,122
Blog Entries: 8
I know! 100 degrees is a mild spring day.
__________________
I think I want to be you when I grow up, but I'm far more likely to be Bone. - Superman's Dead

XBL: xx 8one xx
3DS: 0516-7281-0600

Steam: -Bone-
Bone is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:54 AM   #770
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!
 
muddi900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 22,323
Blog Entries: 2
100F is what we call the beginning of winter.
__________________
COG Finished Games 2012, Now with 25% more epeen padding!---Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:29 AM   #771
civil_dead
1% Prick.
 
civil_dead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,181
100 degrees is what we call a sharp fucking turn.
__________________
consider my response to you to be the finger.

- Zeal
civil_dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:37 AM   #772
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!
 
muddi900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 22,323
Blog Entries: 2
100 degrees in an obtuse angle.
__________________
COG Finished Games 2012, Now with 25% more epeen padding!---Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 04:58 AM   #773
civil_dead
1% Prick.
 
civil_dead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: NYC
Posts: 2,181
Try explaining that to a cab driver.
__________________
consider my response to you to be the finger.

- Zeal
civil_dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 05:45 AM   #774
Bandango
Colonial
 
Bandango's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Posts: 1,093
Radio dramas from the 50s
Bandango is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:05 PM   #775
Shieldmaiden
Fights With Panache
 
Shieldmaiden's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 9,045
Blog Entries: 17
100 degrees is the boiling point of water at sea level when using a sensible unit to measure temperature.
__________________
I tweet now.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bone View Post
Caelyn comes from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs flow.

AAAIIIIIAAAAAAAAHH, AHH!
Shieldmaiden is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-2012, 01:43 PM   #776
Panthera
ANUSTART
 
Panthera's Avatar
 
Join Date: Nov 2008
Location: Kitchener, ON
Posts: 5,613
Also 0 works surprisingly well as a subjective temperature at which shit starts actually feeling cold out.
__________________
Quote:
"It's my fate to steal," pleaded the man who had been caught red-handed by Diogenes.

"Then it is also your fate to be beaten," said Diogenes, hitting him across the head with his staff.
Panthera is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 02:48 PM   #777
Superman's Dead
And Loving Every Minute
 
Superman's Dead's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Los Angeles, CA
Posts: 8,374
Blog Entries: 9
Send a message via AIM to Superman's Dead
The backup singer of one of my favorite bands DMed me on twitter after I asked how I could buy their older albums from them. She is absolutely gorgeous and has such a pretty voice. The songwriter/lead singer is her ex-husband, and has written some of the greatest lyrics in modern American music that no one knows about.

She asked me to send her my address, and I did with a note about how much their music means to me. I also managed to do this without mentioning how absolutely gorgeous I think she is.

Great success.
__________________
"Willy Grogan: Galahad was what they call a knight of the round table, Howie. He was also something of a square. I can't state this as a positive fact, but he probably died very young."

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blue View Post
I'm just going to hate everyone, to be safe.
PSN: clarkkentsdead
Superman's Dead is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 05:40 PM   #778
Serapth
Reigning on your parade.
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Happy Hunting Grounds
Posts: 9,925
Blog Entries: 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman's Dead View Post
The backup singer of one of my favorite bands DMed me on twitter after I asked how I could buy their older albums from them. She is absolutely gorgeous and has such a pretty voice. The songwriter/lead singer is her ex-husband, and has written some of the greatest lyrics in modern American music that no one knows about.

She asked me to send her my address, and I did with a note about how much their music means to me. I also managed to do this without mentioning how absolutely gorgeous I think she is.

Great success.
No mention of the polaroid of your dick you include in the letter?
__________________
I did it because I was looking for a project and it was either take over the world... or learn French. So I took over the world.
Serapth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-2012, 11:53 PM   #779
muddi900
Hardcore Dance Punch-Out!
 
muddi900's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Karachi, Pakistan
Posts: 22,323
Blog Entries: 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superman's Dead View Post
The backup singer of one of my favorite bands DMed me on twitter after I asked how I could buy their older albums from them. She is absolutely gorgeous and has such a pretty voice. The songwriter/lead singer is her ex-husband, and has written some of the greatest lyrics in modern American music that no one knows about.

She asked me to send her my address, and I did with a note about how much their music means to me. I also managed to do this without mentioning how absolutely gorgeous I think she is.

Great success.
Which band?
__________________
COG Finished Games 2012, Now with 25% more epeen padding!---Thread

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeffool View Post
I think it's the collective form of the noun, actually.
"What's an anonymous group of assholes called?"
"An Internet."
Quote:
Originally Posted by pronounconnoun View Post
taint = slippery slope

Got it. Thanks.
muddi900 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-23-2012, 04:38 PM   #780
diablopath
Guest
 
Posts: n/a
Completing my taxes.

Better yet, I discovered that I qualify for an education credit, American Work Opportunity or something like that, that gives me a lot more back than I usually get. I usually get around $600 back, but it's been upped to $1800 this year. I'm not even mad I didn't discover it in previous years, I'm just stoked I'll have a little extra money to throw around during my post-graduation travels.
  Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT -6. The time now is 09:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
// Google Analytics - Must remain as a separate script // External Source Executed