welcome to the CoG network!
Colony of Gamers

Go Back   Colony of Gamers > Gaming the CoG Way > General Gaming

Old 12-02-2009, 10:51 AM   #41
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelegacy View Post
He's directing that passive aggressive comment towards yours truly because my wife bought a Santa Fe over the weekend.
Touche. Like that "passive aggressive" way you describe the "argument" that you hate that dd is green.

A tit for your tat, sir.
EternalGamer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:53 AM   #42
Savok
Vulcan Rage!

Well that settles it then. We must kill every animal on the planet to stop global warming.
Savok is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:55 AM   #43
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGamer View Post
Touche. Like that "passive aggressive" way you describe the "argument" that you hate that dd is green.

A tit for your tat, sir.
Haha, you are right. Well played.
Kelegacy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 10:56 AM   #44
Wraith
Watch out for snakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok View Post
Well that settles it then. We must kill every animal on the planet to stop global warming.
Including the most dangerous game animal?

Playing: DOA5U (PS3), EVE Online (PC); My Mostly Complete Game Library and 2014 Watch List; Gamertag: EasyToType
Watching: Always Sunny S4, Game of Thrones, Justified, Chihayafuru, Louie S2, X-Men: First Class
"I would wish you luck, but I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures."
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:02 AM   #45
Jboy001
Colonist

Send a message via AIM to Jboy001
Quote:
Originally Posted by Wraith View Post
Including the most dangerous game animal?
I've already started hunting!

Jboy001 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 11:05 AM   #46
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jboy001 View Post
I've already started hunting!

I don't think you need the camo and the beer. Just an an "open search" for contestants for the new season of American Idol.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:07 AM   #47
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

I'd be fine with a mass extinction...as long as my family and some of my friends survived. Man, that would be fun.

For a while. Until I had to start farming. But still...no people would rock.
Old 12-02-2009, 11:40 AM   #48
Wraith
Watch out for snakes!

Quote:
Nintendo of America told Kotaku that it is transitioning to "a new weight-reduced, recyclable case for all Wii software packaging, effective immediately." Wii games should be shipping with lighter packaging this quarter, with conversion to new game cases expected by early 2010.

"Nintendo's new software cases weigh just 48.9 grams, down from 66.2 grams," a spokesperson said. "That's a reduction of more than 25 percent. The new cases are 100 percent recyclable, and the lighter cases result in a 'greener' product, as they use fewer resources to produce and recycle."

That transition applies to Nintendo's first-party products currently, with third-party publishers expected to follow suit.
Kotaku link

Playing: DOA5U (PS3), EVE Online (PC); My Mostly Complete Game Library and 2014 Watch List; Gamertag: EasyToType
Watching: Always Sunny S4, Game of Thrones, Justified, Chihayafuru, Louie S2, X-Men: First Class
"I would wish you luck, but I believe luck is a concept invented by the weak to explain their failures."
Old 12-02-2009, 12:27 PM   #49
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

Send a message via AIM to Hawkzombie
...Who would recycle the case for their disc is what I want to know.

PSN/Steam ID - JaynesHat/Hawkzombie

There is the crazy HZ and the well refined logic and reasoning HZ. Both are pretty entertaining -Purple Santa
I love that Hawk exists to make every decision I make, no matter how self-destructive, look wise by comparison. -Ox
I just realized that for the longest time I've been getting you and Karak mixed up. -fitbabits
Hawkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:28 PM   #50
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
I burn mine and use gasoline as the catalyst.
Old 12-02-2009, 12:42 PM   #51
Hawkzombie
The Lord of Shadow

Send a message via AIM to Hawkzombie
Quote:
I burn mine and use gasoline as the catalyst.
I drive a car with six V8 engines driven by eight cyborg bears all running on diesel and plastic.

PSN/Steam ID - JaynesHat/Hawkzombie

There is the crazy HZ and the well refined logic and reasoning HZ. Both are pretty entertaining -Purple Santa
I love that Hawk exists to make every decision I make, no matter how self-destructive, look wise by comparison. -Ox
I just realized that for the longest time I've been getting you and Karak mixed up. -fitbabits
Hawkzombie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 12:48 PM   #52
MagGnome

This feels like much ado about nothing.

"My game case is a little thinner, oh noes!"

Have we forgotten that game cases have already grown a lot smaller over the years, and this latest reduction isn't even all that significant?

Gamers really will complain about anything.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:46 PM   #53
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawkzombie View Post
You have to think more long term. 50 years from now, who will want those billion Xbox 360 cases when the system itself has been extinct for four decades. They will end up in landfills someday, especially when the convience of DD hits the point where you can download any of those older games in seconds for a couple of bucks.
Old 12-02-2009, 01:53 PM   #54
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by MagGnome View Post

Have we forgotten that game cases have already grown a lot smaller over the years, and this latest reduction isn't even all that significant?

I wish all games came in old-school PC boxes, requiring a backpack to carry it home.

At least those boxes were cardboard instead of plastic.

Here in my city, we have free trash pick-up 3 weeks out of the month (taxes pay for it, but it's very convenient). On the 4th week, we have a recycle week. I have 3 containers that I can put by the curb filled with cans, plastic jugs, newspaper, etc. But they don't take cardboard. Instead, to get rid of cardboard, you have to go to the dump's recycling center and pay a fee just to get inside the landfill's limits. I'm sure the city makes money off the recycling, even if a bit, but I wish they just let me put cardboard on the curb. I did once, and I had a nasty little note stuck to the pile when I got home that said "NO CARDBOARD". If they are taking the other shit, why not? They have no problem if you put a mound of cardboard out on trash week, however.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:00 PM   #55
Wraith
Watch out for snakes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by EternalGamer View Post
You have to think more long term. 50 years from now, who will want those billion Xbox 360 cases when the system itself has been extinct for four decades. They will end up in landfills someday, especially when the convience of DD hits the point where you can download any of those older games in seconds for a couple of bucks.
It would be kind of cool to see old 360 cases recycled to make the hardware for the Xbox 1080 or whatever they're up to a couple generations out. Probably not practical, though.
Quote:
But they don't take cardboard. Instead, to get rid of cardboard, you have to go to the dump's recycling center and pay a fee just to get inside the landfill's limits. I'm sure the city makes money off the recycling, even if a bit, but I wish they just let me put cardboard on the curb.
A few grocery stores around here have recycling bins sitting in the parking lot, with bins for the usual (plastic, glass), plus cardboard, magazines. Though it's only recently that they added cardboard, I think.

Old 12-02-2009, 02:05 PM   #56
MagGnome

Quote:
I wish all games came in old-school PC boxes, requiring a backpack to carry it home.

At least those boxes were cardboard instead of plastic.

Here in my city, we have free trash pick-up 3 weeks out of the month (taxes pay for it, but it's very convenient). On the 4th week, we have a recycle week. I have 3 containers that I can put by the curb filled with cans, plastic jugs, newspaper, etc. But they don't take cardboard. Instead, to get rid of cardboard, you have to go to the dump's recycling center and pay a fee just to get inside the landfill's limits. I'm sure the city makes money off the recycling, even if a bit, but I wish they just let me put cardboard on the curb. I did once, and I had a nasty little note stuck to the pile when I got home that said "NO CARDBOARD". If they are taking the other shit, why not? They have no problem if you put a mound of cardboard out on trash week, however.

I find it strange and somewhat backwards that each city/state is so different when it comes to recycling. Here in the Twin Cities everyone has recycling bins as far as I know, and we can recycle glass, cans, plastic, paper, and cardboard without fuss. My apartment building has multiple large bins in the back, and they are routinely stuffed full of recyclables.

Edit - We even have two bins in the laundry room for batteries and CFL bulbs.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:34 PM   #57
EternalGamer
Colonist

Quote:
I find it strange and somewhat backwards that each city/state is so different when it comes to recycling. Here in the Twin Cities everyone has recycling bins as far as I know, and we can recycle glass, cans, plastic, paper, and cardboard without fuss. My apartment building has multiple large bins in the back, and they are routinely stuffed full of recyclables.

Edit - We even have two bins in the laundry room for batteries and CFL bulbs.
While our trash company doesn't recyle here, the local Walmart had bins in their parking lot for plastic. cardboard and newspaper. I say "had" because they removed them a few months ago, which sucks. It was almost always overflowing, so I don't understand why they are no longer providing that service.
Old 12-02-2009, 02:37 PM   #58
Widgetcraft
A *** in the machine.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Savok View Post
I have bought CDs, even games that came on them. Glad to see the back of those fucking things too, they'd either shatter or just fall apart in your hand. Plus they were the beginning of the end for box/album art.
I used to break them for funsies just by staring at them really hard.

Quote:

It isn't about the cases being thinner, it is about the switch from a solid front/back, to this "spoke" shit. You could easily pick up one of these cases, and put your finger right through the box art and touch the game disk without opening the case. That is bullshit.
Follow me on Twitter!
Widgetcraft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-02-2009, 02:39 PM   #59
Narradisall
Cookies

This thread has made me miss old school PC game boxes....
Old 12-02-2009, 02:46 PM   #60
Kelegacy
Hairy and Scary

Quote:
Originally Posted by Narradisall View Post
This thread has made me miss old school PC game boxes....
I have kept some just for nostalgic reasons. Some are really old.